“excellent pizza - fun experience”
Review of Trianon da Ciro

Trianon da Ciro
Ranked #704 of 3,373 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$16 - US$23
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Mercato
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We wanted to eat at one of the original pizza places and this one delivered. The place is a little crazy with people everywhere but it was great fun and the pizza was fantastic. I honestly expected average pizza as some places ride on their reputations, but not this one. Don't miss it.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank Scott8147
Write a ReviewReviews (2,908)

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is an ok restaurant in the heart of Naples. It's 2 stories with a pizza oven on both floors. I ordered the pizza Margharita and it was just ok. I've had better, but the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed and it was Sunday. Traditionally Sunday is a pizza day so we were miffed that our first choice was closed.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My friends and I had our lunch here during our recent trip to Naples. We ordered three varieties of margherita pizzas - Maria Sofia, Napoletana S.T.G. and con funghi. The approximately 14' thin crust pizzas were served in a fitting, flat marble platter.

I normally judge the quality of a restaurant's food standard by the quality of their most basic home-made food element like its bread, pasta, noodles, pastry, etc. If a restaurant can transform very basic and simple ingredients like flour, water, yeast and salt into an award-winning baguette, crust or noodle, then that restaurant is a winner in my books. Achieving the right texture, flavour and taste with this short list of ingredients requires technique and skills.

The pizza dough has the right texture and chewiness. The base has a nice crust but is not burnt. It is not doughy but light and tasty. I take delight in being able to see the basic, unprocessed food elements that I am eating and how the chef has successfully transformed and combined these elements into a flavourful, well-balanced and tasty pizza. Service was prompt and friendly. The average price of each award-winning pizza was €5.5.

I have frequented Sally's Apizza in New Havent, Connecticut. People rave over Sally's Apizza. Well, Trianon Pizzeria is severally notches above Sally'z Apizza without the attitude, long wait, rude or basement-level service that comes as a complementary package with the pizza at Sally's Apizza.

Date of visit: September 2013
3  Thank Bengho
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Arrived in Naples on a Sunday with many restaurants closed in the evening. Found Trianon open, sat down and were served promptly. Nice thin-crust pizzas (one Margherita and one Marinara) with beers... a very nice introduction to Neapolitan food.

1  Thank Bill-in-Surrey
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Pizza in Napoli? You have to don't you? We arrived hot and bothered from an unseasonably hot weekend in Pompeii and Herculaneum, via the train into town - we (the three) were expecting to dine in Da Michele which my friends had recommended but it is closed on Sunday. This gaff was in a fairly out-of-date Naples tourist book, but we went all the same. The restaurant is located in a fairly lairy part of Napoli (is there any other?) and I was not filled with confidence - I was reassured though on arrival to see a queue out of the door to be told that there would be a 20 minute wait. We repaired to the cafe/boozer next door for a beer to pass the time. Inside is quite large - we were ushered upstairs past a most cherub looking child to the large and brightly colored dinning room, which actually reminded us of the frescos of Pompeii - you sit on massive marble topped benches and wait for the waiter/ess to come along, take the order and get you a beer in. I went for a Margarita with prosciutto and mushroom, my mate went for a margarita and sausage and his wife ordered the same as me, sans ham. The pizza are huge - a good 14-16 inches of Napolian heaven! Thin, blackened bases, rich tomato sauce and good quality mozzarella cheese works incredibly well as you know, and we were not disappointed one bit - my pizza was seasoned to perfection no wetness or sogginess in the middle which you almost come to expect these days, and the last mouthful tasted as good as the first - my friends were groaning and sighing throughout theirs with pleasure. It was my treat and 3 pizzas with 3 beers and 3 waters was under 40 Euros - although I did tip at 15% as it was worth every penny. Both my friends said it was better than Da Michele, and they know their Italian food. It was one of the very best pizzas I have had, and wish I could eat it again tomorrow. Great staff, great vibe, love the communal dinning (the place was packed with adorable Italian girls), the food is exceptional and the price humbling. Please go and grab yourself a slice of Napoli.