“Nice place to eat”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Ferdinando
Description: I Re di Napoli was the first restaurant to open in Via Partenope, in 1994. You can find it just in front of the wonderful castle "Castel Dell'Ovo." We will serve you a wide variety of pizzas, pastas, fresh fish, seafood, salads and meats. WI-FI connection is free for all our guest (ask for password).
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

À very nice view. Waiters are very nice and welcoming (in the evening while you are waiting you have a glass of champagne for free). The food is good and tastefull. I recomande it.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Just came back from dinner with my wife. The service was good and the food was decent, but when the bill arrived it seems the prices of our dishes had been conjured from thin air. My wife had ordered a fish course and I wanted a simple pasta and asked the waiter to recommend a local speciality. He offered a suggestion and than said they would prepare it in such a way that my wife and I could both share eachothers dishes. What followed was a simple pasta with a somewhat tasteless fish, my wife and I each receiving a plate. Then came a second fish, again split over two plates. Somehow they decided the first shared course should cost 40 euro (which is strange, since the most expensive dish on the entire menu was only 18 euro) and for the second course they charged 20 euro. After drinks and the 15% service charge, we ended up at 77 euro... And then the waiter had the nerve to tell my wife how important leaving a tip was! Sure, as a tourist you expect to get ripped off from time to time, but this left a very bad after-taste for what otherwise would have been a lovely meal.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Who ever thought a gluten free pizza could taste so good. But really, it does. I tasted the regular pizza and it was equally delicious. We had the pizza diavolo, the salcito with broccolini and a pizza pomodoro with buffalo mozarella. One was more delicious than the next. The caprese salad that we started with was slightly bland and dissapointing however. We finished with a lemon meringue and some grappa, which was all lovely. The staff was very friendly and accomodaring. The icing on the cake of course is the beautiful panorama overlooking the docks.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Every time we go there we have a nice time. The food is super, dessert are incredible and the service AMAZING! They are so friendly that you feel like you're at home. Thank you very much for making our stay there so good! ♥♥

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We'd heard all sorts of things about Naples: it's dirty, it's dangerous, there's nothing to do... well, I have to say, there was some rubbish on the street but then again it's almost on par with London in that respect so it didn't bother us. It did smell in some parts but not of rubbish but rather cat pee and dog poo due to the lack of a decent drainage system and people not picking up after their dog (although London is officially the city with the most dog poo on the street as of 2013 so again, no massive shock there). Don't let you put this put you off though because really, it's no worse than some other European cities. I'm glad I went - it's a very cheap city compared to Rome, Sorrento, Milan or Venice, and the shopping was good. It also has a number of old and interesting monuments that make walking around the city enjoyable. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back but for a night or two, perhaps on the way down to Sorrento, it's worth a look in.