“Lovely view, great service.”
Review of I Re Di Napoli

I Re Di Napoli
Reserve with
I Re Di Napoli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #866 of 3,145 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$15 - US$43
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Ferdinando
Description: I Re di Napoli was the first restaurant to open in Via Partenope, in 1994. You can find it just in front of the wonderful castle "Castel Dell'Ovo." We will serve you a wide variety of pizzas, pastas, fresh fish, seafood, salads and meats. WI-FI connection is free for all our guest (ask for password).
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Came here friday night around 20:45 and we were seated right away at the second row from the tables outside having the perfect view of the castel dell'ovo. We were given 2 complementary glass of champagne as we waited. Ordered for starter "cuoppo del Re" consisted of crocchè, arancini, zeppoline, fried zucchini, and another fried ball i can't regognize, was very good. Took pizza ortolana and pizza margherita, was ordinary and nothing exceptional. It almost tasted like a pizza you would eat in Rome and not in Naples. Had a bottle of water and a small bottle of coke and a very delicious dessert torta cubana (chocolate layered cake with rum) it was ridiculously small. Anyways we paid a total of €37,40. Plus the waiter who was simpatico also reminded us not to forget to give him a tip before handing us out bill. It was an ok experience. Probably will try their pasta dishes next time because their pizzas didn't really didn't came up to par with our expectations, being in Naples.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The girls liked the cute waiter, food was pretty good (pizza and pasta) and the service was very attentive.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

À very nice view. Waiters are very nice and welcoming (in the evening while you are waiting you have a glass of champagne for free). The food is good and tastefull. I recomande it.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Just came back from dinner with my wife. The service was good and the food was decent, but when the bill arrived it seems the prices of our dishes had been conjured from thin air. My wife had ordered a fish course and I wanted a simple pasta and asked the waiter to recommend a local speciality. He offered a suggestion and than said they would prepare it in such a way that my wife and I could both share eachothers dishes. What followed was a simple pasta with a somewhat tasteless fish, my wife and I each receiving a plate. Then came a second fish, again split over two plates. Somehow they decided the first shared course should cost 40 euro (which is strange, since the most expensive dish on the entire menu was only 18 euro) and for the second course they charged 20 euro. After drinks and the 15% service charge, we ended up at 77 euro... And then the waiter had the nerve to tell my wife how important leaving a tip was! Sure, as a tourist you expect to get ripped off from time to time, but this left a very bad after-taste for what otherwise would have been a lovely meal.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Who ever thought a gluten free pizza could taste so good. But really, it does. I tasted the regular pizza and it was equally delicious. We had the pizza diavolo, the salcito with broccolini and a pizza pomodoro with buffalo mozarella. One was more delicious than the next. The caprese salad that we started with was slightly bland and dissapointing however. We finished with a lemon meringue and some grappa, which was all lovely. The staff was very friendly and accomodaring. The icing on the cake of course is the beautiful panorama overlooking the docks.