Decumani Hotel de Charme
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Naples(Naples)
Hotel Nunu(Naples)
1,884 results
All reviewsbreakfast room isbreakfast hallcharming hotelold naplesthe hotel staffquiet streetcentro storicoold palacedeluxe roomsanta chiarahistoric buildingtaxi driveran oasiswould highly recommend this hotelside streetthe air conditioningfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the Decumani on the recommendation of a friend in 2012 and happily returned when I was back in Naples in 2013. The beautiful building reflects the grand and difficult history of Naples beautifully. The service is professional and yet warm. The grand room, where classic and delicious breakfast is served, is stunning. Great neighbourhood. If you are interested in looking more deeply than the cruise/sorrento circuit I recommend a stay at the Decumani. They can also provide very good restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Let_sEat123
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The building has a lot of character and history. I Loved the fact that only some areas are renovated so you can still see its age. The room was huge and very comfortable. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Location couldn't be better, right in the heart of historical Naples. The highlight for me was the breakfast room, a real palace room with a very nice variety of traditional and classical music, played softly. Generally music in breakfast rooms can be very poorly chosen. This has been definitely the best ambience I've experienced in a hotel. Of course I'm coming back. The best hotel I stayed at in Italy, and probably in my life so far.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mara F
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Decumani Hotel de Charme is located in the historic (i.e. old) city center. It's virtually in the middle of all the top tourist attractions. Approximately a block south of Via Tribunali, which is a many block long market - primarily for the locals. The area it's in isn't 1/10th as scary as people make it sound. It's old (3000 years old), the streets are very narrow, traffic limited and valued by the locals as much as tourists, it's what you come to Europe to see. I'd suggest the historic city center of Naples is like Sorrento on steroids. I wouldn't be scared to walk through the area at night, actually did.

The hotel itself isn't super easy to find. The street it's on is one car wide, when you enter the courtyard the hotel entrance is immedietly on your right. Walked right past it the first time. The hotel used to be the residence of the Cardinal of Naples.

Pros: Location, cost, clean, safe, "Euro-modern" decor in the rooms, extremely friendly/helpful staff, in room wifi - that worked! Ceilings are like 14 to 16 feet, with decorated timber trusses. Central A/C, although that wasn't an issue in November, heat worked well BTW. Cab ride to the airport in the AM was 18Euro.

Cons (for us): The building could use a little TLC, it's beautiful on the inside, but showed some signs of neglect (there is obvious mold on the ceiling in the breakfast room?). Bed was a bit firmer than I would have liked. First for me, the bed had a sheet and bed spread, no blanket? Shower door leaked badly(not unusual in Europe from my experience), some street noise from pedestrians (it's close to Naples night life too).

Didn't try the breakfast because we left before it was open, the front desk clerked fetched us coffee and a pastry while we waited for our cab.

I give them 4 starts primarily for the staff. They are really a 3.0-3.5 due to maintenance issues.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank humin32
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were intrigued by the reviews of this hotel and are so glad we booked. It could have not been more central and we walked everywhere (apart from a train journey to Herculaneum!).
Our room overlooked the street but our fears of noisy nights proved unfounded as the double glazing was very efficient. Our bedroom was huge and breakfast in the fabulous dining room was very good.
The staff were very friendly and efficient and those on the front desk were extremely helpful with suggestions for nearby restaurants to suit all budgets.
We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan131155
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Great location to wander the back streets of Naples. The hotel is charming and a relaxing place to stay. We are a large family so booked two rooms. The breakfast room is stunning, and makes breakfast feel like a real occasion. The breakfast itself was tasty and plentiful. My children were made hot chocolate and us, fresh coffee. The staff were so friendly and helped us with directions and taxi bookings etc. The hotel is well located for evening pizzas and many of the restaurants Mary Beard (prof of history and TV presenter) recommends in articles in Travel reviews. It is a half an hour walk to the train station, but I enjoyed this as I got to see the city . I think this hotel is very good value for money and would love to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family