1,341 results
All reviewswelcome drinkcentro storicopizzahistoric areaold naplesnarrow streetsan oasistrain stationbeautiful hoteljunior suiteon footbreakfast roomchaotic citypastriesthree nightsamalfi coasthigh ceilings
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This hotel is a great choice, being perfectly located in the historic center of Naples and also to visit nearby Pompeii and Vesuvius. My room was comfortable, well equipped and clean. But most important were the friendly and efficient staff. The reception staff who made me feel a welcome guest and suggested some excellent fish and seafood restaurants which I greatly enjoyed. Salvatore (the bar man) is friendly, very knowledgeable about Naples and he suggested some wonderful places to visit that I would have otherwise missed. And his peach prosecco cocktail is superb! Overall highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank PeterB_Manchester
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Don't let the surrounding neighborhood scare you from booking the Hotel Palazzo Decumani. Most of Naples has significant graffiti, but the area is as safe as any big city. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are very well appointed. The cocktail lounge is very inviting and breakfast (included) was wonderful. The hotel is very conveniently located to the harbor and organized tours. The staff is very accommodating and made all of our tour arrangements to the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Capri, and Pompeii. I highly recommend this beautiful hotel for your Naples vacation.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Lydia N
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Room was good size, clean and in good shape. One of the two ladies at the reception that we talked to was very friendly and helpful pointing out places to go in the city. When we went for the complimentary welcome drinks, the bartender went above and beyond to fix us a flash cocktail.
The hotel is right in the historic city centre. This means narrow streets and noise. So don't expect a panoramic view out of the window. Also, the bar/restaurant area on the ground floor has no windows. I understand that the hotel can't do nothing about it, but it creates a slightly dark and claustrophobic feeling.
Overall, we enjoyed staying in the Palazzo Deumani. Not a perfect place, but it lives with the charms of central Naples.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suppiluliomas
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Naples is a city of contrasts. Some very nice areas but other areas that are dirty and seemed dangerous. While located in a little run down area, the hotel shines brightly as a pleasant oasis. The hotel is strategically located a
15 minute walk to the train station and the port which helps depending on your plans. Check in was pleasant and the receptionist provided a helpful map and pointed out the popular spots. The hotel is located one and two blocks south of 2 popular streets with many casual restaurants and shops. The room was quite large in cream colored. Bathroom large too. Nice spiral staircase lead to our room. Breakfast was quite good with full selection. First night a free cocktail was offered. Lovely bar area and server was very nice and offered complimentary hors d'oeuvres that included olives, capers and a warm quiche or eggplant. Wifi was excellent. Overall this hotel served us well. If I return to Naples, this is my choice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
PalazzoDecumani, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Palazzo Decumani, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Chris M,
Thank you for the lovely review you shared with other travelers. We were pleased to read your compliments of our room largeness and the friendliness of our team. Moreover we wish to thank you for appreciating our sophisticated style colored in cream and our unique spiral staircase, almost the symbol of our hotel.
We look forward to having you back at Palazzo Decumani and to enjoy with you another welcome drink at our bar. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely Room in a Nice hotel which is well situated in the town. Staff were okay if a little rude at times reminding us that we owed them money for a trip before even greeting us in Reception.
€3 a day per person "city tax" is a joke I even laughed when we were charged on check out ! I haven't been to a dirtier more Chaotic city , and I've been in Egypt and Venezuela !!!
Would I visit again ? The hotel yes, Naples no