“Delicious!”

Neighbourhood: San Ferdinando
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I went here on a walking tour of the "best eats of Naples" and this definitely qualified as such. Our tour guide advised us that they are pretty much the only place left in Naples that makes their Sfogliatelle fresh everyday, the others use frozen pastries. I had the Sfogliatelle Frolla which is a short bread dough. They also make Sfogliatelle Riccia which is made with puff pastry dough. We had ours warm from the oven and they were magnificent. The pastries at other places didn't even compare. If you are in Naples, I highly suggest you seek out this place and have one. Unfortunately, you will never want to eat them from anywhere else afterwards.

• Visited May 2013

Westlake Village, CA
“Worth the 7500 Mile Trip”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

If you do only one thing in Naples, this is it. I love sfoiatelle. Know where to get the best in New York so when I came to Naples, I knew I had to try them. We have had a few in town which were all as good as NY ... but this was by far the best.

First, they serve them hot. They serve two kinds ... the crunchy ones we have in the States and a soft dough version. My beloved favored that one ... see that is what makes the world go round. Outstanding flavor for the filling and a great atmosphere. We bought them (2 euros each) and stood in the corner to people watch.

Quite possibly my favorite memory of Naples.

• Visited April 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Disappointing Sfogliatella”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This place was recommended as best "Sfogliatella" in town: maybe it is but not at opening since they warmed up previous day sfogliatelle with disappointing result!

• Visited December 2012