“Friendly service”
Review of Welcome inn

Welcome inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naples
Welcome inn
Ranked #607 of 743 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Clean hostel, very friendly staff, good area for meeting new people. It's very safe as it is concealed by a wooden wall. A pretty good stay until the bathroom started to back up in the morning after 6 girls tried to get ready in one bathroom. Thank gosh we only stayed one night, bathroom issue should be fixed !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was the cheapest option available for us to stay in Naples for three nights in April.
Staff was friendly and the place had free-fast internet and free breakfast (bread, cereal) and really strong coffee. Great location, it was easy to walk to shops and the bay.
The biggest complaint was that there were tons of mosquitoes everywhere. We laughed at the complaints we overheard by one guest upon arrival regarding the mosquitoes, but when we awoke to find we were covered in mosquito bites we realized the problem was a bit larger than originally thought. The bathrooms werent clean, as expected in a cheap hostel in the middle of Italy. Overall it was okay, safe and secure and you have lockers and a computer to use.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My friends and I travelled to Naples for part of a study tour. The city itself was instantly daunting and after a 7 minute taxi drive costing 20 euros we arrived at the big wooden door that is the welcome inn. The staff were friendly, giving us a map and pointing out good places to eat, where to go etc. However, it went downhill from there. Our bathroom was flooded by what we later found out was toilet water and my friends and I had a sleepless night for getting bitten to death my Mosquitos. There are Mosquitos everywhere in this hostel! We had booked to stay 6 nights and had to push to change to three. This could be a good hostel if they sort the mosquito problem, however I currently wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: The female dorm was a more pleasant layout than the mixed dorm however very loud as large window is...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sophie G
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The staff at the Welcome Inn were so helpful and nice, and the free weekly pasta party that was happening upon our arrival was perfect after a long day of travel. The hostel was quite clean, and had a lot of personality, so my friend and I were pleased as we settled into bed that night. However, I could feel bugs crawling on my face all night. I thought I was imagining it until the next morning when I saw bedbugs crawling on my sheets. My friend and I had hundreds of bites all over our bodies the next day, and even though we switched beds and sheets the second night and only slept for about two hours, we were eaten alive yet again. The staff seemed really apologetic about it but it was truly traumatizing, and it is clear that they have a serious infestation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We had a lot of fun here. The staff were very helpful with directions and participating in the fun. The room was not one of the best we've stayed in and had one of the worst bathrooms i've used - no toilet seat. We later found out this was an exception rather than the rule.

The hostel had good cooking facilities, booze on supply and a decent common area although only one computer. We stayed here for one night only because we wanted to see Pompeii but if i did it again i would just skip Naples altogether, it's not the nicest city. Great pizza however.

If you do stay I think there are a couple around but going by what we had experienced so far this wasn't bad for the price. Just wear thongs in the shower.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

When my mom and I first arrived in Naples, I felt a little guilty for bringing her there. Our first impression of the city was not very good, and when we got out of the train station we were a little nervous about what the hostel would look like. When we got to the area where it was located, it wasn't immediately clear that we were in the right place, but as soon as we got behind the big green door that they describe on their website, we felt sooooo much better about our Naples experience. The hostel was very welcoming, brightly colored, and our room was perfectly comfortable with our own bathroom and comfortable bed. It even had free internet. The man at the desk gave us a map of the city, and pointed out some sights that we didn't know about (we came to Naples with the intention of seeing Pompeii). We ended up walking down by the sea, seeing a beautiful castle, and drinking wine in a cafe with a mountain view. Overall, great experience, and would definitely recommend.

I'm also pretty certain that there is breakfast included, but unfortunately we were unable to take advantage of it due to an 8AM flight...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pagelise
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Welcome Inn hostel is situated in the centre of Naples and even if it's a little difficult to find it, it is totally worth it. The rooms are nice and clean, the common area is very cozy, the kitchen has everything you need and the staff is nice. Free wifi internet and a pc in the lounge!
Great place to choose if you travel on your own or with a bunch of friends, I totally recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business