Romeo Hotel
US$152
US$284
US$227
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Europa(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$95
US$162
US$138
1,215 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsushi restaurantmichelin star restaurantwellness suitemodern hotellight switchessmall poolfloor to ceiling windowsamalfi coasttop floorpoor locationmount vesuviusport areacorner roomamazing hotelbusy roaddeluxe room
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Romeo Hotel for one night. We chose the hotel because of its location, which really is right across from the port.
Overall, we have no major complaints-- the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable.
We were really excited to find a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us in the room after dinner. We popped the bottle, enjoyed the champagne, and went to sleep. Sometime, and I have no idea at what time because I was asleep, the phone rang. I answered it and it was reception-- they were calling to tell us that the champagne they left in our room was not for us. I told them we had already drank it, and that we were in bed and I basically hung up. A few minutes later, there was knocking on the door. I didn't get up to answer it....

The next morning, when we checked out, they tried to charge us for the champagne! I told them that it was their mistake and we shouldn't be charged. They said that the maid who did the turn down service said that champagne was unopened when she did turn down, so they accused us of drinking it AFTER reception had called, which was totally ridiculous. I was working into full argument mode, but they called a manager over who agreed to remove the charge.

My husband and I aren't sure if this was a trick or an honest mistake. Either way, if you find a mystery bottle of something in your room, it might be a good idea to call down.

Breakfast at the hotel was great!

Room Tip: Corner Studios are huge!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for your review.
I do apologize for the inconvenience that took place during your stay at the Romeo hotel and I recognize that some misunderstandings have occurred.
We would be glad to have you as our Guest in the near future and send you warmest regards.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed at the Romeo Hotel for 4 nights during July. It is based very near the port & convenient to walk from the last airport bus stop (about 10-15 minutes) & for the ferries to Capri. Not situated in the prettiest part of the city, but does border a very nice area a short walk away.

The hotel is very modern, with some impressive artwork & ornaments around the hotel. The foyer was undergoing maintenance while we were there, so was fairly hot & stuffy, but I'd expect this will have been fixed. Reception staff were friendly & helpful - providing us with assistance for timetables for ferries & trains and recommendations for local restaurants including making bookings if required.

It was my husband's birthday so in advance of our stay I had contacted the hotel to make a reservation for dinner at their restaurant, which came highly recommended (and I would recommend). The staff were helpful in making this reservation, athough there was probably no need to book as the restaurant was fairly quiet on the night. We both had the meat tasting menu, which was innovative using excellent quality ingredients. Quite a surprise meal, as we'd met a couple earlier who tried to discouraged us from eating at the restaurant.

Prior to dinner we had drinks on the terrace area near the pool (which is quite small in size). Unfortunately, the drinks were very overpriced - 22 euros for two gin & tonics is excessive, even if accompanied by some snacks. We would have gladly had more drinks here during our visit as the view of Mt Vesuvius was fantastic, however not at these prices!

The rooms are well sized with all the mod cons. We needed to ask how to use the shower, as the quirkiness defeated us both! The only annoyance was the inability to put your own drinks to chill in the fridge, as they have installed fridges with automatic sensors to charge products to your room account when removed.

Overall, a well positioned hotel to visit Naples.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I concluded our holiday on the Amalfi Coast by a stay at the Romeo. (We stayed in the Grand Hotel La Favorita Sorrento ,lovely and central, The Luna in Capri stunning views and Romeo. By contrast the Romeo reminds me of a Miami South Beach hotel (yes been there )except no beach . Modern with stunning architecture and art. The hotel is literally less than 10 mins from the port (we travelled by SNAV from Capri) It was perfectly safe to walk to the hotel .The entrance is impressive, the staff very helpful and friendly (don't understand other reviews) Loved the lifts .The rooms are great with plenty of gadgets ,you need a degree to master the shower but once done easy We had a deluxe room overlooking the port ,great for watching all the cruise ships coming and going.The restaurant is stunning again very modern. The food was good in terms of flavour and portions. The wine list is extensive . Again staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is a buffet but plentiful. The pool is more a large plunge pool but given we were the only people sitting enjoying the view it was great .It was good to have the old fashioned touches too , ie chocolates at night , bathrobes and slippers , complimentary water.My husband is a smoker the plus for him was a smoking room with comfy seats and tv etc ,had to drag him out ,he hopes other hotels will copy the idea. Now the area. Yes its at the port and yes there are a few beggars around including many people of African origin selling fake bags to the cruise folk, however having been around many european and world cities its no different. We walked and ate nearby ,the Castle is a 10 min walk over busy roads however not as life threatening as Bangkok ,You get the hop on hop off bus at the Castle ,4 routes ,24hour tickets. If you keep walking you come to one of the lovliest shopping piazzas with great coffee shops and gelato. If we ever visit Naples again we will definately return to the Romoe..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Romeo Team for your enthusiastic review: We really appreciate your kind words! It has been a pleasure for us to have you and your husband as our Guests and to hear that you were satisfied with our service. Looking forward to welcoming you again at our wonderful property in the near future, I remain,

With best regards

Reviewed 8 September 2011

The rooms and bathrooms are absolute perfection for a European hotel. Large bathrooms and very comfortable beds. All amenities are very up-to-date.

Staff was incredible everywhere we went. We had a transportation issue/mix-up when booking the reservation that we were not aware of until we reached the Naples train station. The hotel front desk staff did everything in their power to make sure it did not ruin our stay. Our room was upgraded and we received a credit to eat in one of their restaurants. The front desk staff was incredible helpful in giving us directions, advice on sites to see and places to eat (amazing Pizza!)

The restaurant/bar at the top of the hotel was delicious. The views of Mt. Vesuvius were incredible. We watched the sun set and the moon rise while eating dinner. UNBELIEVABLE! Very romantic, food was delicious and the staff could not have been friendlier. Nice breakfast buffet in the morning.

Small pool, although very quiet. We were the only ones taking advantage of it one morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaraK64
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Romeo Team for your enthusiastic review: we really appreciate your kind words! It has been a pleasure for us to have you as our Guest and to hear that you were satisfied with our service.

With best regards

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We recently stayed at the Romeo Hotel to kick off our honeymoon. BIG mistake, as this hotel-- both the staff and the place itself-- put us off to a terrible start.

First, the hotel was completely dead. We only saw one other guest, who was checking out as we were checking in. We ate at the restaurant twice (mostly because the area is sketchy and we decided not to venture out). Both times we were the ONLY people besides the staff. (That being said, the food was really quite good).

We told them up front that it was our honeymoon, and booked the "Deluxe-Weekday Special". I even sent a followup email telling them that it was our honeymoon. Not only did they do nothing special for us (most other hotels we stayed at gave us a glass of champagne or special welcome-note)--- but they even gave us TWO single beds instead of one larger bed. Disappointed.

Finally, we missed one night at the hotel because of a 20-hour delayed flight from Chicago. We called the hotel as soon as we found this out, and a nice gentleman on the phone said that it would be okay and they would refund us for the night. However, when we were checking out, a rude and condescending woman refused to refund us the night.

If only they put as much time into pleasing customers as they did on design, this place would be fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ZuzziTravels
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for your review and I am very desolated about learning its contents.

I do apologize for the inconveniences that took place during your stay at the Romeo hotel and I recognize that some misunderstandings have occurred.

I wish to inform you that we are already working on our service performances as the customer satisfaction is our main priority.