“Exceeded our expectations - Loved this hotel!”
Review of Romeo Hotel

Romeo Hotel
Ranked #18 of 186 Hotels in Naples
London, United Kingdom
“Exceeded our expectations - Loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My fiancé and I spent a couple of nights at the Romeo hotel before heading down to the Amalfi coast. It was my fiancé who wanted to visit Naples and chose the hotel, not me. I was a bit hesitant and wanted to skip Naples altogether. I am glad we didn't!

The 2 nights / 3 days spent there turned out being the best of our Italy trip. The city was absolutely astonishing on so many levels. I went there with a closed mind, not expecting to like it. Instead, I fell in love with the city. So much history, art, culture. Walking through the historic centre feels like a trip back in time. Like a walking tour through an open air museum. One of the most striking monuments for me was the large castle near the hotel - Maschio Angioino. In the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city, you turn the corner and then BAM - a huge, medieval castle is in front of you!

As for the hotel, it was MAGNIFICENT! The hotel totally exceeded my expectations. From the moment we walked into the hotel, i was blown away. It really is a design masterpiece. Everything just seemed so... immaculate. The art, the antiques, the water fountains, the lighting!

The location of the hotel was perfect for us. We walked to the historic centre, down near the water, to piazza plebiscito, and then took taxis to get back if we got tired. I saw that another reviewer did not like the location, but maybe they went the wrong way? My fiancé and I got clear directions from the front desk, so whatever path we took seemed to be very scenic and without problems.

If you are on the fence about visiting Naples, I highly suggest taking at least a couple of days to explore this city. It is difficult to put into words, but it is a fascinating place. I also recommend the Romeo hotel, as it is nice to go back to a posh, ultra modern hotel with every amenity you could possibly desire after a long day out and about. The contrast is striking and, at least for us, adds to the experience of the city - which is certainly full of contradictions!

Last note: We had a room with a sea view. Definitely worth it! You can see all the way to Capri through the huge glass windows, as well Mt Vesuvius.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Make sure you choose a room that has a view of the sea.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jonathan B
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Jonathan B,

Thank you very much from the entire staff of Romeo hotel!

See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Itala, Italy
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel last month for a business trip. So cool, so fashion...I really love it!
Professional staff, comfortable rooms, very good Japanese restaurant, extraordinary gourmet restaurant with an amazing view over the Bay of Naples and last, but not the least, a high-tech SPA.
If you plan to visit Naples, I really suggest you to stay at Romeo hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Zighy_10
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Zighy_10,

Thank you very much from the entire staff of Romeo hotel!

See you soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The hotel itself is absolutely fabulous - would definitely get my 5 stars if it wasn't for the location (modern, chic, clean, good service). Location is one of the worst in Naples - it was scary to walk around as tourists even during the day, so do think twice before staying in that area. It is convenient though if you are planning to take a trip to Capri- its right by the port.
FYI - breakfast buffet price is measured by "how much you eat". Never saw that one before!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank W0rldTraveller86
Dear Worldtraveller86,

Thank you very much from the entire staff of Romeo hotel for your review.

With regard to the location you know that Naples is an incredible city full of contrasts but I can assure you that it is an authentic city only to discover.

Regarding our breakfast I think that our rates are clear. Our buffet is at guests’ disposal and we don’t give them any restrictions.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to give me more information to understand what the inefficiency was (hotelmanager@romeohotel.it).

We hope to see you here again!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We arrived late into Naples, and we were surprised at how gritty the city seems to be. As we neared the hotel we began to fear that we had made the wrong choice, as the evening light was not supplying any charm to the area surrounding this property.

However, the moment we stepped into the lobby we knew we had made the right choice. No matter your feelings on Naples, you can escape into this hotel and you will forget all about the surrounding area.

Everything in this place is first class, from the programmed waterfall in the lobby, to the jet-filled roof-top pool. All the nooks and crannies are immaculately clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

As far as the room goes, it too was very modern and clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable we had during our time in Italy, and the shower was huge. Word of warning – you don’t want to share this room with someone with whom you are not intimately acquainted, as the only barrier between the main room and the shower is a glass wall!

Our only regret was not having enough time to enjoy the spa.

Don’t bother looking at any other hotels in Naples – this is the one for you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TaijTaij
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear TaijTaij,

thanks a lot from the entire staff of Romeo hotel!

We hope to see you here again!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stayed in Hotel Romeo for three nights in early May 2012 and it was such an amazing experience. The hotel is gorgeous and has such a unique design aesthetic, combining many different styles and themes to create this eclectic playground to explore.

There is a touch of Japanese shinto Noh theatre sparseness of line, Richard Farnsworth modernness, art deco on steroids, all mixed in with a healthy does of historical elements from Naples. Seriously this hotel invites exploration and I know for a fact that I did not get to see all of its treasures.

The hotel provides a perfect counterpoint to the hectic, gritty chaos of Napoli. After strolling the streets in the historic center or the Spanish quarter, it is great to come back to this place and clean up and unwind.

Location is great with one of the main castles a five minute walk away, the ferry to Capri right in front, the historic center right behind the hotel, Central Station about a 15 min walk, the seafront promenade about 5 min away, Spanish quarter and Via Toledo both about 5 min away.

The rooms are so slick and lavish that when I checked in, one of my friends could not stop walking around the room, exploring and playing with things. The bed is outrageously comfortable and we flirted with the idea of stealing one of the ginormous pillows. The bathroom is spacious and modern and is separated from the rest of the room with sliding glass doors. The shower was great and if anything, it was in danger of making us late every morning because we didn't want to leave.

There are billiards in the lobby which you can play at any time and the lobby itself looks like a high end gallery of furniture designers but you can sit on these gorgeous pieces and order your espresso and baba and just lounge.

Taxi service is easy and all major spots are within walking distance. I saw one review about the service being poor but I think that that was more of an example of missplaced expectations as I never had any issues with the front desk, concierge or maid service. If anything, my friend and I wanted to see some local show and the concierge did a lot of research for us and found us some amazing events.

All in all a great time. I spend a lot of time traveling and usually do not spend a lot of money on hotels when I do. But this experience with Hotel Romeo, you can feel at every moment that this is a special place.

Ciao Napoli!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Doug K
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Doug,

thank you very much for your review.

Your words repay us for the work we do everyday to make unforgettable our clients' stay at Romeo hotel.

Vancouver
Reviewed 11 May 2012

If you're a fan of design hotels, Romeo Hotel will not disappoint – although contextually it may come off a little strange. The design 'thesis' was taken a tad too far for my tastes and could have benefited from a good edit (e.g., too much black granite and enough already with the structural fins that recur in the toiletries, etc.!), but what's there was very well executed and is of very good taste. Our corner guest room was comfortable, well-appointed with above average quality furnishings and had a great bathroom with separate soaking tub and shower. The staff was courteous and helpful. We had an excellent meal at the Il Comandante restaurant - very modern cuisine, quite tasty - and the buffet breakfasts on the open air terrace adjacent to the small swimming pool had plenty of good quality foods to choose from. My only gripes would be very minor ones: the breakfast selections did not change from day to day and the same background music that you'll hear at dinner will also be playing at breakfast. Lastly, the location can't be beat as a jumping off point to both the Centro Historico and the aliscafi docks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jaketown
Dear Jaketown,

Thank you very much for your review.

We will take your precious advice into account in order to improve our services…and we will change our playlist too!!

Chicago
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Incredibly beautiful hotel with a special "wow" factor as soon as you enter. I was a little hesitant before booking after seeing some mixed reviews, but given the overall positive reviews and excellent write-ups and reviews around the web (we Google'd the hotel and also found that it was included on Conde Nast's "Hot List" of the best new hotels in the world), we went ahead and booked a stay here... and we're definitely glad we did!

Excellent service, friendly staff who always seemed eager to help and answer any questions, GORGEOUS views of Mount Vesuvius and the sea (we could even see Capri!) spacious rooms with Nespresso coffee machine, and one of the most impressive spas I have ever seen!

For us, the location was excellent as we were able to easily walk to the historic center and wander around. We also took a day trip to Capri, which was incredibly easy. All we had to do was cross the street from the hotel, buy a ticket, then hop on a ferry to Capri a few minutes later. Definitely recommend doing the same day trip if you can!! Ask the hotel staff for the ferry timetable and they can assist you. There are also ferries to Ischia, Sorrento, and Positano, but we only had enough time for Capri.

Overall - excellent stay in a fabulous hotel. Convenient location, easy to get around on foot. Would love to go back for another visit and spend more time exploring the city more. If we do, we will definitely return to the Romeo!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jenn F
Dear Jenn F.,
thank you very much for your review.
It’s pleasure for us that you have appreciated the proximity of Romeo hotel to the historical centre and Capri. On your next visit we will be happy to arrange for you a one day trip to Positano, Pompei, Amalfi, Ischia, Procida….!!!