“Excellent location & impeccable style. Highly recommend.”
Review of Romeo Hotel

Romeo Hotel
Ranked #19 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Excellent location & impeccable style. Highly recommend.”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Romeo Hotel during our brief visit to Naples. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the gourmet restaurant on the roof of the hotel and made our way out to the terrace near the pool as often as our busy schedule allowed.

There is an astonishing level of attention to detail at this hotel. The overall style and design was impeccable. Very modern, while still classy and luxuriously elegant. Our room (Studio Corner) was particularly pleasing as it was very spacious, bright and had a beautiful view over the sea and Mt. Vesuvius through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows. The linens were exquisite and the bed - heavenly.

We experienced friendly, efficient service throughout our 3 night stay. Most of our queries were directed to the front desk staff and concierge, who offered a wealth of information and tips. They also arranged an English speaking tour guide for us who showed us around the historic centre of Naples. We also had a visit to the old opera house arranged for us, transportation, tour of the "Underground Naples" archaeological site, restaurant bookings, and other excursions such as to the palace at Caserta.

This is a true 5 star hotel and our needs were taken care of as one would expect. We have no complaints and enjoyed our visit to Naples and stay at the Romeo. Service is particularly important to us, especially when traveling in foreign countries where we do not know the language. So, for this, we were extremely pleased with our stay. Truth be told, my wife and I are quite demanding travelers and request much assistance. The Romeo Hotel had no problem fulfilling our requests and, likewise, we have no hesitation in giving it an excellent review.

Room Tip: Studio Corner is very spacious and bright. Ours had a wonderful view over the Gulf of Naples and of...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nathan M
GeneralManager_Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Nathan M,
Thank you very much from the entire staff of Romeo hotel! We really appreciate your special review. Everyday and with every client we do our best to assure them a memorable stay in Naples.
We will be very glad to welcome you again at the Romeo. See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Kildare
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Naples for us had nothing to offer except a boat out of there! Decided to spend 3 nights of our honeymoon here in hotel Romeo but felt Naples is unsafe and unclean. Hotel is right beside marina you can catch Sorrento ferry for 15 Euro and Capri for 18. Hotel was rediculously expensive. We had dinner our first night cost 200 Euro which we would not mind paying but the fish was under cooked to the extent my seabass was cold and raw in the centre. A beer is aprox 8 Euro a cocktail about 15 and unfortunately once you step out of the hotel It's all a bit grubby unkept and unsafe. Hotel not bad if you need a one night stop off before heading elsewhere but I'm sure you would find better value.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Sue79Kildare
London, united Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

The design, comfort and location of this hotel make it a place st explore Naples from. The rooms are beautifully appointed and very comfortable indeed. In spite of remarks in a leading travel guide about the area, we find the location very convenient and safe, in what is a true and authentic area of Naples. The small pool on the roofs offers a great jacuzzi with breathtaking views of the Vesuvius and Capri.
Drinks however are served for extortionate prices and the fact that the gym commands an extra, whopping, € 20 p.p is remarkable. But, on the plus side, wifi I'd free of charge and of good quality.

There is one incident that was disconcerting, however: we left the room to have breakfast and after breakfast we went back to collect some belongings before heading off, into town. As I entered the room, I found 3 chambermaids in the room: not cleaning, but they were eating a selection of assorted nuts, that I had left on my bedside table. As I entered the room, they looked up and didn't even apologize for eating my nuts and were sheepishly laughing. I was too baffled to say anything and felt the embarrassment they were supposed to feel. I feel it is awkward because it doesn't exactly make the right impression, certainly because housekeeping staff in particular should have utmost respect for the personal belongings of the guests.

We will be back here next week, because we already booked and paid the reservation: if that had not been the case, we could have considered an alternative.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaukC504
Adelaide
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I only stayed in this hotel for one night as a recovery from a long haul flight and then to journey to Sorrento the next morning. It was difficult to get to from Napoli Centrale (granted I was abducted by a supposed "taxi" driver who then tried to charge me 70 Euros for the 5 minute journey) but very nice and modern inside. The view was certainly nothing great, just overlooking dirty shipping yards. The room was standard in size for a 5 star hotel, with good facilities. The wifi was included which was nice. The minibar however was one of those nasty electronic ones where even if you touch something, they charge you. It served it's purpose for me, as took me all of 5 minutes to get to the Ferry terminal in the morning.
Overall, nothing outstanding, but served it's purpose for what I needed it for

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BmitchAdelaide
GeneralManager_Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Dear Bmitch Adelaide,
Thank you for choosing Romeo Hotel.

Yes, our guests can easily reach many fantastic destinations from our hotel.

I am sorry you did not have much time to completely visit our Hotel, I ensure you that one day is not enough to discover everything. Next time you will be at our property as our valued guest, ask for me and I will be at your disposal to illustrate our magnificent Hotel.

See you soon
Luxembourg
Reviewed 5 August 2012

i choose this hotel because they had a fitness room. in fact they have but even as a hotel guest you have to pay 20 euros for every use of the fitness center!! their swimmingpool is so small that you can't even try to swim in it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marysehansen
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Tiffany Qualin,
thank you for your review.
Our pool, located at the ninth floor, is not a big pool; indeed, we describe it on our website as a pool and not a swimming pool.
Regarding the fitness centre, I am taking into consideration your comments and I am going to apply a new policy for 2013.
I hope to see you soon.
Vista, California
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This was my first trip to Naples and after reading the reviews honestly I did not expect much. I wanted to stay somewhere nice so I spent the extra and booked Hotel Romeo on Hotels.com. Upon arrival at the airport it was very convenient to get transportation to the hotel. It was about 40 euros which seemed pricey but that was the case my entire trip. Once at the hotel the staff was extremely welcoming. The location in my opinion is ideal for travel throughout Naples as well as being close to the train station. You can go see Pompeii, hop on the tourist trolley, and take the train to really enjoy your stay in Italy. The room was very modern and refreshing. The entire side of my room was window glass and with the button press option you can simply roll over while in bed and open the view to the harbor. They had mirror glass behind the bed, a scale for weight measurement in the bathroom, robes and other amenities not expressed in the ad. The upstairs pool is very small and the shading isn’t always ideal if you’re going for a tan, just go early. The drinks are expensive but the view is still beautiful. It is a small pool area but the waiters are nice, you will have to go inside to the bar to order. The hotel itself is beautiful, very modern and the bed is amazingly comfortable (similar to the Hilton). There is a coffee shop out of the hotel onto the right, very close. Also, a really good Italian restaurant, a Chinese restaurant is located down the first alley way to the right. Across the street there is huge mall type building where you can buy clothes and souvenirs. The tour bus and other tourists places are all located in the area across the street. I met a really cool couple from the Nederland’s and had drinks while we were touring Naples on the bus. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff, location, and amenities are very nice. One thing I would recommend is to separate the spa pricing from the gym. 18 or 20 euros (I can’t remember) is too expensive to pay everyday if you just want to go for a run. I would expect to see this type of hotel in Dubai but in Naples it was a refreshing surprise.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank TiffanyQualin
Dear Tiffany Qualin,
thank you for your kind review.
Yes, it is true! Several people had your same impression . Maybe it is the reason why may of our guests come from Arabia and Dubai as well.
See you soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Most modern, clean and affordable hotel of our entire trip - even though for only 1 night. Don't know where the previous "mafia feel" review came from. The hotel staff we ran into were anything but. My wife was actually disbelieving at how affordable the room was considering its amenities. We also had a flight we had to leave at 430AM for and our checkout process was quick, painless and polite.

The port area is less than spectacular, however nothing worse than Canal St in New York City. We picked the hotel since it was the closest to Molo (Port) Beverello and the ferry from Capri. Me and my wife were able to walk the two blocks from the ferry to the hotel with 2 suitcases at around 8PM with no issues. It might not be as comfortable at 11PM, but the same would apply anywhere else in Naples. If you're coming or going to Capri from the ferry I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Domain123
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Domain123,
thank you for your review! We are very glad that you spent a memorable stay at the Romeo and you had the opportunity to appreciate our 5 star services.
I hope you will come back again.