“Keeps Getting Better”

Ranked #19 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Washington DC
“Keeps Getting Better”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I can't resist returning to the Romeo on my frequent visits to Naples and Italy. Because of this hotel and it's attentive staff, great rooms and beautiful views of Mount Vesuvio I have made naples my home base for all of my travels through the Italian peninsula. I am a pretty casual traveler but enjoy the elegance of the Romeo from the moment you arrive, throughout your stay and on your departure the fabulous staff of the Romeo make you feel like you have returned home from a long journey.
The hotel is immaculate, the linens beautiful and the bathroom exceptional with a big "American" shower. Many of the rooms have excellent views of Mt Vesuvio and the active harbor which is vibrant with color, boats and ships coming in and out of the harbor. The same view from the small but fantastic pool on the rooftop.
The restaurant is very chic and very fine dining, for those with simpler taste the Castel Nuovo restaurant is just around the corner, it serves excellent local food, pasta, seafood and pizzas. They serve a very nice breakfast in the morning, really more than enough food for a morning meal that will suit everyones taste.
Don't you deserve to splurge a little and stay a few nights at the Romeo, the finest hotel in Napoli?

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors with harbor views, the may cost slightly mor but are worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
GeneralManager_Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear GiancarloBoromeo,
thank you very much for your review.
Your words repay us for the work we do everyday to make unforgettable our clients stay at Romeo hotel.
Warmest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is marketed as a boutique hotel but that isn't really accurate. It is more of a European style "art hotel", very modern and sleek but with none of the quirky, homely, personal touches you expect from a boutique hotel.

The rooms are fantastic. Very modern, comfortable, huge beds, complicated lighting systems with motion sensors in the bathroom (not great if you need the toilet in the night though) and free WiFi. The shower was very weak though. Not what I'd expect from a hotel like this.

The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.

Location is good too, safe 15 min walk to historical centre, near the Spanish quarter and 2 mins for the ferries to Sorrento, Capri and the Amalfi coast. It's a good place to base yourself to explore the area.

However, my main gripe is the fact that doing anything other than sleeping in the hotel is prohibitively expensive. The drinks and food are exhorbitabtly priced and there's nowhere in the immediate vicinity to eat (you need to walk to the centre). The gym and spa charge €20 each even for guests, which is not something I'd expect from a 'boutique' hotel where free use of the spa is standard for guests. There is not even free tea, coffee and water other than 2 nespresso pods and one bottle of mineral water.

We would have liked to have dinner or room service and some drinks in the bar but it was so overpriced (a fruit juice was €8) that we decided to skip dinner altogether and enjoy the nice room.

So, in summary, it's a sleek, stylish modern hotel, but it is designed for business travellers or those who don't mind paying significantly over the odds for basic services.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank 4MR
Dublin
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Did three nights at the end of two week trip around Italy. On the plus side absolutely fantastic finish to hotel, very modern, great roof top pool with views over bay of Naples, good location for seeing sites, unbelievable lobby area spa is out of this world but after spending 20 euros to go into it- I was shocked when a lady told us we had to leave as our two hours were up!

On the downside the food and drink was very expensive 7 euro for a small beer, went to go for a drink on roof top terrace at8.15 and was told it closed at eight! And wanted to get a drink in cigar lounge at 11.15 and was told all bars were shut,

1 Thank Xtrahotvindaloo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed in Hotel Romeo for two nights recently. It is a very modern hotel and we were delighted with it. It is very close to the port and the Alibus which comes directly from the airport stops across the road from it so it is ideal for a short stay. We found the area/location fine - it was busy enough at all times and I did not feel unsafe around there. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was fantastic - large, well decorated and luxurious. We made use of the games room which I thought was a fantastic idea.

We didn't have breakfast during our stay but we did eat dinner in the restaurant on our last night which was amazing. The food and service were impeccable and the meal was a perfect finish to our holiday.

The spa is beautiful and very relaxing - I would highly recommend it. However, I do think it's a bit expensive at 20 euro per person, considering the price that we had already paid for the room.

The pool is small but the jacuzzi chairs in it are great and is lovely for a dip after a long day of sightseeing/shopping in Naples. Lovely views of the sea and Mount Vesuvius from here also.

We will most certainly be going back to Naples and will definitely be staying in this hotel again!

1 Thank maireadni
Dear maireadni,
Thank you very much from the entire staff of Romeo hotel.

See you soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Very cool style and very modern design. Hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, and all staff seemed to speak very good, some excellent, English. Breakfast was included in my daily rate, and the offerings were varied and overall very good. Delicious and fresh mozzarella di bufula, assorted prosciutto, salumi, and other cheeses. Fresh baked croissants and rolls, as well as fresh fruit. Espresso/cappuccino included.

Where the hotel failed was in the design of the rooms and their inconsistent policies. My Virtuoso rate was supposed to included daily entry to the spa/gym (20Euro expense otherwise), as well as a room upgrade, welcome drink, welcome fruit platter, a "local amenity," and some fresh bottled water. I had to negotiate for all of these things except for the fruit/water, and I still do not know what my "local amenity" is/was because I never received it. The design of the room was overly complicated, with light switches in random locations and even switches in one corner of the room that controlled lights over the bathroom/vanity sink. The shower flooded into the bathroom everyday, and the towels weren't very luxurious considering the rate I was paying. My room was an "upgrade," but it was really just facing a huge warehouse on the Bay of Naples. I have stayed in nicer rooms for half the rate at the Royal Continental.

The gym did not open until 10am each morning, which I find very annoying, and the pool deck was extremely small, with only 7 lounge chairs for a full hotel.

I liked the hotel overall, but I do feel like I could have received a MUCH BETTER value at other Naples hotels. If not for the friendly staff (especially the front desk staff), I do not think I would even rate the hotel as "good."

Room Tip: Facing the water is why you are staying on the Bay of Naples in the first place, so spend an extra...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a modern hotel, and a great choice if you have a brief stay in Naples. The staff were really helpful, buffet breakfast was lovely and the rooms were large and comfortable. The swimming pool and area is small, more like a wading pool, but has some nice jacuzzi chairs inside. The location is pretty poor though, and not much in walking distance. Still, its a good reason to stay in the hotel and not venture outside!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank nikkiq
Dear nikki q,
Thank you so much for your review. I will inform my staff about your special words and we are very glad that Romeo hotel was the final stop of your interesting trip.
Warmest regards.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Romeo Hotel during our brief visit to Naples. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the gourmet restaurant on the roof of the hotel and made our way out to the terrace near the pool as often as our busy schedule allowed.

There is an astonishing level of attention to detail at this hotel. The overall style and design was impeccable. Very modern, while still classy and luxuriously elegant. Our room (Studio Corner) was particularly pleasing as it was very spacious, bright and had a beautiful view over the sea and Mt. Vesuvius through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows. The linens were exquisite and the bed - heavenly.

We experienced friendly, efficient service throughout our 3 night stay. Most of our queries were directed to the front desk staff and concierge, who offered a wealth of information and tips. They also arranged an English speaking tour guide for us who showed us around the historic centre of Naples. We also had a visit to the old opera house arranged for us, transportation, tour of the "Underground Naples" archaeological site, restaurant bookings, and other excursions such as to the palace at Caserta.

This is a true 5 star hotel and our needs were taken care of as one would expect. We have no complaints and enjoyed our visit to Naples and stay at the Romeo. Service is particularly important to us, especially when traveling in foreign countries where we do not know the language. So, for this, we were extremely pleased with our stay. Truth be told, my wife and I are quite demanding travelers and request much assistance. The Romeo Hotel had no problem fulfilling our requests and, likewise, we have no hesitation in giving it an excellent review.

Room Tip: Studio Corner is very spacious and bright. Ours had a wonderful view over the Gulf of Naples and of...
2 Thank Nathan M
Dear Nathan M,
Thank you very much from the entire staff of Romeo hotel! We really appreciate your special review. Everyday and with every client we do our best to assure them a memorable stay in Naples.
We will be very glad to welcome you again at the Romeo. See you soon!