“Beautiful, unique, calm and a very attentive staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romeo Hotel

Romeo Hotel
Ranked #15 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Austin, TX
“Beautiful, unique, calm and a very attentive staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

I traveled to Naples with my husband during one of his business trips. I spent a fair amount of time by myself in this hotel and found it extremely pleasant. I loved the view of Mt. Vesuvius and the bay from our room. The ships coming and going made it look like a moving postcard. If you go up to the pool on the roof you get an even better view of the entire bay area. I really enjoy good design and this hotel offers plenty of it. Different Neapolitan artists designed some of the more modern furniture and sculptures but there were also several antiques. Lighting is important to me and I thought every area was lit beautifully. In our room we had several lighting options for different moods/needs - all very calming. The bed was big and comfortable and I loved the shower, though it did take me a moment to figure out how to operate it! One of the days was cold and rainy and instead of venturing into the city, I decided to read by the fireplace in the lobby, which brings me to my favorite feature of the Romeo - the incredible staff! One staff member tended to the fire while I sat there, another brought me espressos, another brought me snacks. It was fantastic! And any time I did head into the city by myself, I was given easy to understand directions if I was walking or a taxi would be called if not. I felt completely taken care of and that doesn’t always happen when we travel overseas. I also want to mention the food. For a few meals, my husband and I had dinner at the hotel. At the sushi bar, I asked the staff member to choose for me and he brought a sampling of sushi topped with gold leaf. I've never had that in my life. Delicious and very, very memorable! On another night, we ate in the main restaurant and I wish I could describe how good it was. The attention to detail is evident even at dinner - from the olive oil and variety of sea salts on a silver platter to the perfectly cooked lamb all the way to the dessert topped with whipped red wine. Again, very unique and a meal I'll remember for a long time. There’s also a floor of the hotel that has a spa but I didn't go have a treatment because there’s only so much relaxing I can do while my husband is working before I start to feel guilty! I did go peek though and it looked beautiful.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)