“Great pizza but quite crowded”

L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele
Ranked #80 of 2,958 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Pendino
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This place has the best pizza I've tasted. My wife and I were lucky to get seats at 12 noon as the place became very crowded in a few minutes. The place is so crowded that you don't expect a great service but just the pizza. We placed our order and had to wait for quite a long time before we could get our hands on our pizza. The taste was marvelous and by far the best I've tasted. For two humongous pizzas, we paid 8 Euros and a tip. The best value for a pizza ever. The place is nestled in a small area on a side street to Umberto 1. Visit this place once for a one time experience for such a pizza.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Spending holidays in naples and went to this restaurant by recommendations from friends. It was truly the best pizza with the most reasonable price. I am definitely coming back!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

i lived in italy for a while after i had pizza in da michele and i can say that i have never had a better pizza in my life! this place is a reason to go to napoli.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I must admit that I was slightly skeptical when I was told that this is the best pizzeria around! After all, we were in Napels and they should know, wright? With only 2 choices of pizza at only 5 euro's my sceptism only increased! When the pizza's arrived, it was time to taste The best pizza? At first it all seem to go into the direction, I had expected. Nice but hey, it's just a margherita! With that I thought I would stop after my first slice.... The problem was that, I couldn't! It was kind of strange feeling that although it was just a Margerita, I just kept taking bites until the whole pizza was gone! I think the secret is really the combination of fantastic tomato's, great mozzarella and oven! This fits very well in the slogan "less is more"! With no other toppings that I usually like on a pizza like meats, you get this intens fox our of the few minimal ingredients and can ultimately appreciate it! Napels is not the place you'd want to go for your diet, but surely here or anywhere else you will eat great pizza's! For me, this will be my favourite when I go back there!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ever since i saw the movie 'Eat Pray Love', I wondered if this pizza place really existed....and to my surprise it did. We were in Naples for a night just before end of our 3 weeks in Italy. My husband made me walk miles without telling me where he is taking me for a evening snack and when we reached L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele it was the sweetest surprise that he gave me on this trip.

This place is extremely simple and there was a huge line. As our turn came and we got in we initially shared a table with fellow travelers which was ok. The service was fast and pizza was superb. They just have 2 kinds- Margherita & Marinara in different sizes. We ordered one each. The pizza was super fresh and hot and tasted heavenly and this was the cheapest pizza in all of Italy.

This is a no frills place but one must experience the pizza here!!