“Great Margherita Pizza!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Pendino
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I were vacationing in Rome, and one day we decided to do a day trip to Pompeii. By train, you have to stop in Naples and transfer to get to Pompeii. We had 2 hours to kill and I’ve heard of the birthplace of Margherita pizza being only a short walk from the train station. No brainer, I’m going! It was a Monday at 5 pm. 10 minute wait to enter, 25 minute wait for pizza after ordering from a table. Simplest ordering/menu Of all time. Waiter says, “Pizza with or without cheese?” Pizza was excellent. Highly recommend. I can’t give it a 5 star because their crust does get easily burnt and my pie
had some char. I despise that burnt taste and it definitely took away from the overall end result. Had it not been over cooked, i probably would have had it as the best pizza I’ve ever eaten.

Write a ReviewReviews (15,811)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start by saying — this was absolutely the best pizza I’ve ever had and it is SO worth the wait. We were a group of four and waited about 30 minutes for a table. There is no menu; simply two types of pizza to choose from along with water, soft drinks & beer to drink. I went for the margarita (highly recommend!). After ordering, we waited an hour for our pizzas to come. Just a word of caution to budget extra time — having a table isn’t necessarily an indication of how long it will take. That being said, it is worth it for this pizza. Had we not had a train to catch, the timing wouldn’t have bothered us at all. Settle in, enjoy a beverage, and take the whole operation in. The staff isn’t necessarily the most friendly, but I guess they don’t have to be when they’re serving up the best pizza in the world. Elizabeth Gilbert’s description is spot on.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The no thrills pizzeria offers the perfect margarita pizza. Pizza is served quick and hot. If your willing to wait an hour plus you won’t be disappointed!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on a weekday shortly after opening time and did not have to wait for a table. We ordered both the marinara and margherita (double cheese). I thought the marinara might be boring but I loved it! Exquisite in its simplicity. Both pizzas were incredibly good, best we've ever had.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

the queue can be crazy if you come when theyre changing the fire and cleaning the stove.

I ordered and dine in, it was fast and good. then I ordered for take out, they just clean the wood fire oven, I look back and the queue is getting crazier and way longer. and during cleaning the charcoal from the oven they didnt clean it properly, ended up my take out pizza, the bottomed was overly burnt and inedible.
the pizza was cheap, but to be honest I ate alot of margarita pizza somewhere else which is actually better than them
2 pizza, 1 coke 1 water. 12 euro. staff waiting for tips.