“Capri and Pompei/Naples”

Vesuvius vs. Pompeii Tours
Ranked #32 of 187 Tours in Naples
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Excellent private tours. I went wiht my sister and did the Capri Island tour and the Pompei and Naples tour the next day. If you speak spanish make sure to get Salvatore for the Pompeii and Naples tour! He is one of the best tour guides weve ever had. He truly went above and beyond making out tour of the city incredible! I would definitely reccomed their tours, they are well worth the price.

There are newer reviews for Vesuvius vs. Pompeii Tours

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I found Fiorella well recommended on TripAdvisor so contacted her to arrange a private tour of Pompeii. She arranged that for me with her colleague Patrizia and we also went to Herculaneum the same day. I got on so well with Fiorella that she and her partner Alberto (also a guide and organiser of Napolitan cookery classes) also showed me around Naples and that turned out to be one of my best days ever. It was great way to orient in the City and know where to go myself later. They are both very knowledgeable about the city, its history and museums as well as knowing all the best places to eat. I can recommend Vesuvius vs Pompeii very highly for whatever guided tours you can arrange with them and if you can persuade them to show you round Naples as well you will find it an amazing experience.
Naples itself is an amazing city and quite apart from the amazing food the quality of the churches and museums is among the very best in Italy (and I am saying that after recently visiting Venice, Florence and Rome). It has thousands of years of history all layered on top of each other as well as a vibrant and fascinating historic centre. It is also a buzzing city different to the others I have seen and I would recommend getting someone to show you round.
Big thanks to Vesuvius vs Pompeii for making my trip such a fantastic experience.

6  Thank Keith-M-Traveller
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We booked a private tour of Pompeii and Naples with Fiorella in the middle of May. We arrived at the port in Naples for one day so transportation and timing were essential. Fiorella was wonderful in accommadating the needs of our large group of 11 people. She had arranged for a private van to pick us up and drive us into Pompeii, Sorrento then back to the port. Just as arranged, Fiorella was awaiting our arrival at the port in Naples. I had expected the tour to focus on the destruction of Pompeii, but that’s not the way that Fiorella does it at all. She relates the importance of Pompeii as the only fully intact ancient Roman city left for archaeological and historical study. She shared interesting and fun facts the kept the tour moving along. We were amazed at how large Pompeii was geographically. We would have never been able to navigate the streets and learn as much on our own.As we roamed the site Fiorella pointed out a sampling of each of the types of buildings in the city and their function in Roman society in the mid 1st century A.D. Her explanations brought forth the ghosts of the city’s inhabitants and their visitors (as this was the last port prior to reaching Rome). With each step, we walked alongside the ordinary citizens of Pompeii on their daily routines. This is how history should be taught with passion and humor!
Thanks, Fiorella for a superb ancient Roman history lesson! We look forward to seeing you again.

7  Thank RhondaKT
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Vesuvius vs. Pompeii Private Tours were an excellent company for creating a personally tailored tour. We had booked this tour prior to our trip and had arranged a whole day visiting Pompeii in the morning and Erculano in the afternoon. We were met at the train station by our guide Franchesca who was lovely! Her English was great and knowledge in Ancient Rome was fantastic. She even gave us information about Capri where we had planned to visit the following day. All in all a good day and well informative guide. Great Value for money too!

1  Thank JonD196
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had a fantastic day with Roberta. We had 7 year old twins in tow. Roberta made our day on the Amalifi Coast fun and interesting for our boys as well as engaging the adults. We were able to cover a lot of ground on our own schedule. Roberta's knowledge of the culture and history was very deep. The day ended with a tour of Pompeii that captivated our boys and us. We could really feel the place come to life. A great investment!

2  Thank Leanne R