“Fantastic and Engaging Tour!”

Vesuvius vs. Pompeii Tours
Ranked #39 of 174 Tours in Naples
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic and Engaging Tour!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

You know the dream version of a tour, where it feels like you are just walking around a city with your coolest friend, the one who just happens know everything and everyone, and which cheese place you absolutely must try? And can somehow explain entire centuries of history in the most engaging, interesting way, and can sense the exact minute you're getting antsy, possibly before you have even realized it? And then take you for a heartbreakingly good coffee in a heartbreakingly beautiful square, so you can rest your feet for a minute and sample the best sfogliatella in Naples? Regaling your whole family with great stories while you eat, before setting off on the next leg of your adventure? Yeah, I don't have that kind of friend either... But this is totally that kind of tour!

My family had a tour of Naples with Alberto earlier this week, and I seriously can't recommend him highly enough. I had emailed with him and Fiorella a little about the kind of stuff we wanted to see/learn about (art, culture, urban transformation and of course food!), but we had never been to Naples before, and knew very little about the city before setting out on our tour.
Alberto truly knows the city inside and out, both in terms of history and also urban life. He gave us a great overview as we set out, and continued to answer our questions throughout, always making the answers interesting and engaging. Between stops at museums and churches, he took us to try some of the best Neapolitan tastes at a bunch of different places (each one better than the next!). There were four of us, all with slightly different interests, and Alberto was super attuned to who was interested in what, and making sure everyone was engaged. He took us to so many fantastic places that we likely never would have found on our own, and certainly never would have appreciated as much. He's also just an all around awesome guy, very nice, not at all stiff and the opposite of boring. Basically, totally the kind of person you want to have taking you around a city for an afternoon. We also ended up wanting to go for twice as long as we had originally planned (in itself a testament to his tour-guiding!) and he was really flexible and happy to show us around as long as we liked! A+

Visited July 2014

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“the little adventure”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very conveniently organized excursion to Mount Vesuvius. Car to take us from the site collection to the top of the volcano were comfortable, drivers are experienced. Climb to the crater of the volcano took 15-20 minutes. Upstairs was cloudy and cold. However, it did not spoil our mood. When inflated clouds, offers a wonderful view of the volcano itself and the city below. Adventure looks very interesting.

Visited May 2014
San Diego, California
“Capri and Pompei/Naples”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Excellent private tours. I went wiht my sister and did the Capri Island tour and the Pompei and Naples tour the next day. If you speak spanish make sure to get Salvatore for the Pompeii and Naples tour! He is one of the best tour guides weve ever had. He truly went above and beyond making out tour of the city incredible! I would definitely reccomed their tours, they are well worth the price.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic time in Naples and Pompeii”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I found Fiorella well recommended on TripAdvisor so contacted her to arrange a private tour of Pompeii. She arranged that for me with her colleague Patrizia and we also went to Herculaneum the same day. I got on so well with Fiorella that she and her partner Alberto (also a guide and organiser of Napolitan cookery classes) also showed me around Naples and that turned out to be one of my best days ever. It was great way to orient in the City and know where to go myself later. They are both very knowledgeable about the city, its history and museums as well as knowing all the best places to eat. I can recommend Vesuvius vs Pompeii very highly for whatever guided tours you can arrange with them and if you can persuade them to show you round Naples as well you will find it an amazing experience.
Naples itself is an amazing city and quite apart from the amazing food the quality of the churches and museums is among the very best in Italy (and I am saying that after recently visiting Venice, Florence and Rome). It has thousands of years of history all layered on top of each other as well as a vibrant and fascinating historic centre. It is also a buzzing city different to the others I have seen and I would recommend getting someone to show you round.
Big thanks to Vesuvius vs Pompeii for making my trip such a fantastic experience.

Visited September 2013
6 Thank Keith-M-Traveller
Sand Springs, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing tour!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We booked a private tour of Pompeii and Naples with Fiorella in the middle of May. We arrived at the port in Naples for one day so transportation and timing were essential. Fiorella was wonderful in accommadating the needs of our large group of 11 people. She had arranged for a private van to pick us up and drive us into Pompeii, Sorrento then back to the port. Just as arranged, Fiorella was awaiting our arrival at the port in Naples. I had expected the tour to focus on the destruction of Pompeii, but that’s not the way that Fiorella does it at all. She relates the importance of Pompeii as the only fully intact ancient Roman city left for archaeological and historical study. She shared interesting and fun facts the kept the tour moving along. We were amazed at how large Pompeii was geographically. We would have never been able to navigate the streets and learn as much on our own.As we roamed the site Fiorella pointed out a sampling of each of the types of buildings in the city and their function in Roman society in the mid 1st century A.D. Her explanations brought forth the ghosts of the city’s inhabitants and their visitors (as this was the last port prior to reaching Rome). With each step, we walked alongside the ordinary citizens of Pompeii on their daily routines. This is how history should be taught with passion and humor!
Thanks, Fiorella for a superb ancient Roman history lesson! We look forward to seeing you again.

Visited May 2013