“Comfortable, convenient, friendly crew”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of SNAV S.p.A.

SNAV S.p.A.
Ranked #346 of 496 things to do in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Snav is a shipping company, leader in the Mediterranean sea, which assures a comfortable and safe journey to and from all the destinations reached by its fleet. Snav's routes link Naples to the islands of its Gulf all year round, every day, with the frequency and precision of metropolitan transport. They also link Ancona to Split from March to November, reaching the most beautiful coasts and cities of Croatia, and Naples to the marvellous Aeolian islands from May to September. Snav cruise ferries built according to the highest standards, have the best services onboard, such as the Sky Room, where you can watch your favourite broadcasts, the Self Service restaurants, the Shopping Area, the Play Area for children and more. Travelling on board of the cruise ferries towards Croatia, you can enjoy the mediterranean culinary specialties at our Self Service restaurants.
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Comfortable, convenient, friendly crew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We caught the giant overnight SNAV ferry from Naples to Palermo, and really enjoyed it. I grew up on an island and have taken quite a few ferries in my life while living there, and also while traveling. SNAV is the best experience so far. The main reason is that on the SNAV overnight boat, you get a room with a comfortable bed and a hot high pressured shower in the room.

On top of this we found the crew quite friendly and helpful. The food was overpriced, and I despite posting a gluten free menu, there were almost no gluten free options (I'm celiac). But they did manage to heat up a gelatinous gluten free gnocci in a paper dish for me.

Overall though, an affordable, comfortable experience. I recommend it.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank jdo9121

St. Petersburg, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Naples - Capri (and back) Hydrofoil”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

The hydrofoil departs from Molo Beverello in Naples and the ride was very comfortable and fast. This is the fastest way to Capri via boat and you will arrive in Marina Grande (Capri). We absolutely enjoyed the trip and we will use them again the next time we are in the area.

Once quick note, if you are traveling in the high season, make sure to purchase the Hydrofoil tickets a day in advance as the lines at the ticket counters can become "crazy". You will want to purchase your return ticket as well so make sure to ask... BUT if you plan on staying in Capri for longer than two days, then you will not be able to purchase your return ticket until a day or two before your trip.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank David G
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great way to travel - Better than Driving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

"PALERMO-CIVITAVECCHIA". Done this journey twice now, with GNV Excelsior. So much easy than driving, sleep overnight in a small but comfortable room. Waiting at the dockside Palermo, with car, not pleasant but once on board the car is secure and you can relax, eat then sleep.
Dont expect too much from the food service, rather expensive for offering. Arrives Civitavecchia early in the morning so your in Rome in no time. Book direct with GNV online, choose your berth, makes it easy.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“Cattle boat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

Palermo-Naples ride... It looked like a great idea: plenty of time to sleep on board, saving money on gas and hotel. It COULD be true if not for cabin janitors (or whatever they are called) who wake you up in your cabin in the middle of the night so they can finish cleaning before the boat arrives. I cannot imagine they do it without management approval - so comfort of the passengers is not the slightest consideration of SNAV.
If you are a passenger without a car, there is a double-whammy: you have to wait after the boat arrives in Naples close to 2 hours, sitting on your baggage in a crowded corridor, before you are allowed to disembark, - so between the rude awakening, and getting out it is about 3.5 hours, most of which could have been spent sleeping. In the light of the above, other factors, like comfort of the cabin, quality of the food, etc., are irrelevant.
Never again, and I cannot recommend it to anyone.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank wind_n_water_01
Oldsmar, Florida
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Naples to Palermo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Legft Sorrento for Naples and got a 800pm ferry to Palermo, rtight on schedule. I first cabin I had was not big enough for the luggage, never mind the 2 of us, I am handicap, and as soon as I went to the front desk, they changed our room and then we had enough room to have 10 other people.. Very nice staff.
They had a tv room with soccer, now if it was the Yankees, that would have been another story.

The food was al acarte style, and was good, i had broiled eggplant and tomoto salad, My husband had some kind of fish, which was also good.

Watched the ferry leave Naples, deck very slippery, and it was a beautiful site and then went for dinner and then to bed, we where pooped from running, or in my case walking with a cane, as quickly as I can,. around Sorrento for 4 days.

We left on time and arrived early in Palermo. Nice quiet crossing, would do it again, better than trains or driving We spent 137 euro for the crossing, I think a little high, but pleasant

Visited October 2012