“Easy Way to get to Palermo”
Review of SNAV S.p.A.

SNAV S.p.A.
Ranked #447 of 813 things to do in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Snav is a shipping company, leader in the Mediterranean sea, which assures a comfortable and safe journey to and from all the destinations reached by its fleet. Snav's routes link Naples to the islands of its Gulf all year round, every day, with the frequency and precision of metropolitan transport. They also link Ancona to Split from March to November, reaching the most beautiful coasts and cities of Croatia, and Naples to the marvellous Aeolian islands from May to September. Snav cruise ferries built according to the highest standards, have the best services onboard, such as the Sky Room, where you can watch your favourite broadcasts, the Self Service restaurants, the Shopping Area, the Play Area for children and more. Travelling on board of the cruise ferries towards Croatia, you can enjoy the mediterranean culinary specialties at our Self Service restaurants.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Took the SNAV ferry from Naples to Palermo and back due to our Italian friends saying it is cleaner than the other ferry. Rooms were simple, clean and easy to get to. You arrive between 1700 and 1800 (only time they will take your ticket) and check in and get in line to load. The Ferry wasn't crowded either direction for us, so easy and quick to get on and off. We took wine and food with us (as did most of the other passengers) so no idea about the food service. Easy trip, in that you sleep most of the way; although the disco and casino are open all night if that is your desire. While very few on the crew speak english, it is easy to understand what they want you to do with the car. Of note, once the ship leaves dock and until it ties up you cannot go to your car, so get what you want prior to that. You load at 1800 and have until 2000 before it leaves, so easy to figure out what you need in the cabin. All in all, simple effective transportation, nothing more, nothing less.

2  Thank Bulag

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Took the jetfoil from Naples to Capri return. The boat was on time both ways, the seats were comfortable with a very aircraft feel to the interior. The staff were calm and efficient and the boat was clean, if a little worn. The main problem was the boarding and getting off. The boarding in Naples was a scrum for 2 gangways each with a high step, the people with luggage were not helping. Boarding at Capri was better with clear lines. Getting off at both ends was poorly organised. You were expected to queue in the aisles between the seats for a chance to get down the gangway. Going to Capri we had 2 gangways in use yet on the way back we only had 1 gangway to get on and 1 to get off,result long waits!
Overall would use again and recommend just beware of the queues and get there early.

3  Thank bloopob
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had to take SNAV ferries after an incidence with GESCAB S.R.L. ferries. I bought a ticket for GESCAB SRL.At the ticket point the girl sold us the tickets without informing us that we also had to pay 2 € for our baggage respectively. My suitcase was bigger than the one of my friend.Once we got the tickets we went to the departure point,7, and once the ferri arrived and people left, a man responsible to collect the tickets did not allow me to get to the ferri telling me that I had to buy a ticket for my baggage. My friend was allowed to get into and she took my baggage so as not to leave it unattendance while I went running to buy the ticket-thing that only took me 5 minutes. When I arrived to the point of the ferri departure, my surprise was that the ferri did not wait for me and one of the boatman smiled cynically. My friend wasn't allowed to get down from the ferri with the baggages though she prayed constantly for that. The man tried to flirt with my friend inside the boat, without attending her prays. She was really worried about me, staying in Capri alone, apart from that I had my insulin inside my suitcase and this happening caused me a hiperglucemic episode. I went to the office ticket and I told them what had happened, and the girl gave me another ticket with the SNAV Ferries. I have to tell any travellers from any nationality not to take GESCAB S.R.L. ferries. They try to take money through baggages (and the normal thing it is that it is allowed to take one suitcase-as that was my case).The staff from GESCAB S.R.L. are really unprofessional, unpolite very very rude. When I could meet my friend, after waiting for me in Naeples harbour more than 25 minutes, she explained to me that finally the man from GESCAB SRL let people get into it with baggages, then, why he was so rude and did not allow me to get into? I should recommend GESCAB SRL to select his employees with better job criteria. This happening put in risk my life not having my insulin with me and I do not know if GESCAB S.R.L. does not matter about passengers and their security. This happening took place on Saturday, August 3rd in Capri at 10:35 am, so any serious staff from the company can check that the details are correct! We are going to provide photos of this fact to provide travellers authentic material of the bad and inhuman treatment we suffered and how some staff members tried to feel bad at my friend, a pretty girl, who felt intimidated all the time inside the boat. Hope enough passengers take the right ferri, and SNAV Ferries is the right one!!

13  Thank Jose O
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Decided to take the ferry option down to the Aeolian Islands from Naples as fitted in better with a same day arrival from London.
Boy is it a grim long experience, felt like we had travelled to Australia.
Crew very jolly but the boat very tired and old and the windows so dirty you couldn't take a picture out of the windows.
Thank god it wasn't rough!

4  Thank jonworld
Reviewed 23 May 2013

One of our port calls was Naples and we decided to take a ferry boat over to Capri. The ship excursion was $150 per person and included a ferry ride, the funicar on Capri and a tour of AnaCapri. Just off the cruise terminal on the left is the terminal for the local ferrys. 32 euro per person to Capri (round trip), 6 euros per person for the funicar cable to the city center and then 2 euors for a local bus ride to the town of Ana Capri. A total of 48 euros per person roundtrip for basically the same tour the cruise lines offer for $150. The only thing you miss is standing in line listening to someone tell you about the history of Capri. Made sense to us.

4  Thank CaptainBill1