“Hard to beat...”

Ranked #51 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hard to beat...”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I chose the Hotel Naples for its location. My main reason for visiting the city was to attend a Champions League game, in which Manchester City were playing SC Napoli, so staying in a "good" area was essential and I did a lot of research before I booked this hotel. It turned out to be a brilliant choice. Close to the port, opposite the university and right on a busy main road - as a single female I felt safe the whole time I was out and about. Fifteen minutes walk to the Station Circumvesuviana for the trip to Pompeii. My room, a comfort double for single use, was comfortable. In fact, I have not slept that well in a hotel for some time. My room was at the back and was opposite a church. The window seemed to be quadrouple-glazed and there was no noise from the traffice when the window was closed. Nice shower room with fresh towels provided every day. Breakfast for me was ideal as I like fruit, yoghurt and a croissant in the morning. If you like a cooked breakfast, you may be disappointed. Icing on the cake though was freshly boiled water in a pot for my morning tea! Lovely, peaceful breakfast room as well where you could watch the world go by on the Corso Umberto I. This trip far exceeded my expectations and the hotel proved to be excellent. It would be my first choice if I find myself in Naples again. Also, you only have a 3 minute walk to the metro, and just before the entrance to the metro is a fabulous restaurant (I think called Il Pomodorino), where I had delicious salads and pizzas (better than Brandi's). The ice cream at Casa Infanta on the Via Toledo is a not to be missed experience, and if you like football, and can get a ticket to a big game at the San Paolo stadium, as I did, it will be an amazing experience. Faultless and memorable trip to a warm, vibrant city.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel (not overlooking the Corso Umberto I) do not have much natural light.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank PollyCheshire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed here in October 2011, whilst on a short business trip to Naples. The hotel itself is fine, and reasonably close to the old centre. The venue of the business meeting was an old castle at the harbour, and I have to admit I would go for a location closer to that area of I returned. The hotel had wifi in the public areas, but only wired internet in the rooms. I was slightly perturbed by the removable safes in the rooms, particularly since the one in my room seemed to have disappeared before my arrival (!). This made it seem more like a convenient container within which to steal my things, rather than a secure box, but there you go.

I had breakfast both days, which was fine but nothing special. The hotel has a bar area, but you are best to try one of the local cafes nearby, I might suggest.

I had a good sleep both nights, and the bedroom had a decent shower room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ma03042014a
London
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The rooms and hotel were very clean, although the one we stayed in was a little small. Bathroom was kept very clean and was a good size. Shower was great. Though on a busy street, there was very little noise in the rooms. Breakfast was basic but good enough. The hotel does not have a restaurant otherwise. Some staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was good, away from the central station piazza, but still near enough to many churches and the old centre. Easy access to public transport services, and port.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LondonTiamaria
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Hotel NAPLES... 21 oct 2011 after check in we found the AC was not working,checking with reception,the reply was, As it is now winter heating only is working was the reply, but you can turn it down low and open the window, this hotel is on one of the busiest,noisiest,streets in naples.we decided to check out, After a long heated discussion at reception, it was obvious no refund would be available, BUT the a/c would be working by 6.00 - 8.00 pm and if we stayed we could have an upgrade, and free mini bar [non drinkers ] As it was early evening we decided to stay, The upgrade was not of a great improvement to the previous room, the furnishings are very spartan, one desk chair, small desk , and wardrobe in a tiny room, the bathroom is minuscule,with a tiny shower cabinet, w.c .bidet and w.h.b packed in. We got told at 9.00 the a/c was working, not that it was noticeable, the room was like a sauna, the night was a nightmare, Night two was even worse, the double glazing is unable to combat the traffic noise,and the a/c is poor. We decided to check out, even though we still had 5 nights in naples we would be out of pocket, NEVER PAY UP FRONT..THIS IS NOT A 4 STAR HOTEL

Room Tip: Corner room is larger
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank centurion388
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2011

This hotel was perfect for my needs. A 20 minute walk from the main station which is far enough away from the randomness of the piazza garibaldi, and close enough to the historical centre. It was clean, the staff were helpful, and for first time visitors to the city i'd highly recommend it. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 are the noise from the street below, but thats just part of the city.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James O
Chesterton In
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Hotel was in a perfect location, close to the old part of Naples, far enough from the train station for security. It was very clean no smells, staff were very helpful and I would stay there again. It was a boutique hotel that fit my needs perfectly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo