“Very nice.”

Ranked #49 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Merseyside
“Very nice.”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a good location to see most of Naples. It's close to the Metro and only 2-3 mins by taxi from the main Garibaldi train station. The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms were excellent and a free Safe in the room. We stayed in a room at the front of the hotel and with the windows closed it was quiet despite the traffic. Breakfast was adequate, cereals, breads, toast, fruit, yoghurts, cold meats, scrambled egg (not very hot) and bacon etc. Had the staff at breakfast been a little more attentive and happier then this hotel would get full marks from me. Would I stay here again - definately.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Malyboo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was a real find, and it is very underrated.

The lobby is extremely modern, polished marble everywhere. The rooms are stylish and spotlessly clean.

The location is definitely a plus. About 15 minutes walk from Napoli centrale and piazza garibaldi, but easily reached by catching one of the frequent buses that drive down Corso Umberto. It is directly opposite the university, and near some nice pizza/salad restaurants.

It is about 10-15 minutes walk to reach the tourist attractions, like the theatre and palace.
Its about the same distance to reach the ferry which takes you to Capri.

The only downside was that our first room had a very unpleasant odour in the bathroom, which otherwise looked spotlessly clean and shiny. We complained the following morning before setting out, and when we returned, all our items had been moved to another room for us. Now thats service !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jono_Melbourne
Kettwig, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed for 6 days in two adjoining rooms on the 6th floor overlooking the main street. The rooms were quiet when the windows were shut, but with faulty air conditioning and the windows open the rooms were noisy.
The main kingsize bed was perfectly comfortable but both the children, 1 on a sofabed and 1 on a temp single bed complained that the beds weren't good.
The breakfast was downstairs just off the lobby with everything from fresh fruit, yoghurts and cereal, to ham, cheese, toast and jam but the room was only just big enough.
The main problem to me concerning the hotel was the location, Naples isn't pretty, but it is a useful base for visiting such places as Vesuvius, Pompeii etc.

Room Tip: Go high, away from the street noise and pollution
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Verena E
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I chose the Hotel Naples for its location. My main reason for visiting the city was to attend a Champions League game, in which Manchester City were playing SC Napoli, so staying in a "good" area was essential and I did a lot of research before I booked this hotel. It turned out to be a brilliant choice. Close to the port, opposite the university and right on a busy main road - as a single female I felt safe the whole time I was out and about. Fifteen minutes walk to the Station Circumvesuviana for the trip to Pompeii. My room, a comfort double for single use, was comfortable. In fact, I have not slept that well in a hotel for some time. My room was at the back and was opposite a church. The window seemed to be quadrouple-glazed and there was no noise from the traffice when the window was closed. Nice shower room with fresh towels provided every day. Breakfast for me was ideal as I like fruit, yoghurt and a croissant in the morning. If you like a cooked breakfast, you may be disappointed. Icing on the cake though was freshly boiled water in a pot for my morning tea! Lovely, peaceful breakfast room as well where you could watch the world go by on the Corso Umberto I. This trip far exceeded my expectations and the hotel proved to be excellent. It would be my first choice if I find myself in Naples again. Also, you only have a 3 minute walk to the metro, and just before the entrance to the metro is a fabulous restaurant (I think called Il Pomodorino), where I had delicious salads and pizzas (better than Brandi's). The ice cream at Casa Infanta on the Via Toledo is a not to be missed experience, and if you like football, and can get a ticket to a big game at the San Paolo stadium, as I did, it will be an amazing experience. Faultless and memorable trip to a warm, vibrant city.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel (not overlooking the Corso Umberto I) do not have much natural light.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank PollyCheshire
Aberdeen
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed here in October 2011, whilst on a short business trip to Naples. The hotel itself is fine, and reasonably close to the old centre. The venue of the business meeting was an old castle at the harbour, and I have to admit I would go for a location closer to that area of I returned. The hotel had wifi in the public areas, but only wired internet in the rooms. I was slightly perturbed by the removable safes in the rooms, particularly since the one in my room seemed to have disappeared before my arrival (!). This made it seem more like a convenient container within which to steal my things, rather than a secure box, but there you go.

I had breakfast both days, which was fine but nothing special. The hotel has a bar area, but you are best to try one of the local cafes nearby, I might suggest.

I had a good sleep both nights, and the bedroom had a decent shower room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ma03042014a
London
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The rooms and hotel were very clean, although the one we stayed in was a little small. Bathroom was kept very clean and was a good size. Shower was great. Though on a busy street, there was very little noise in the rooms. Breakfast was basic but good enough. The hotel does not have a restaurant otherwise. Some staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was good, away from the central station piazza, but still near enough to many churches and the old centre. Easy access to public transport services, and port.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LondonTiamaria
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Hotel NAPLES... 21 oct 2011 after check in we found the AC was not working,checking with reception,the reply was, As it is now winter heating only is working was the reply, but you can turn it down low and open the window, this hotel is on one of the busiest,noisiest,streets in naples.we decided to check out, After a long heated discussion at reception, it was obvious no refund would be available, BUT the a/c would be working by 6.00 - 8.00 pm and if we stayed we could have an upgrade, and free mini bar [non drinkers ] As it was early evening we decided to stay, The upgrade was not of a great improvement to the previous room, the furnishings are very spartan, one desk chair, small desk , and wardrobe in a tiny room, the bathroom is minuscule,with a tiny shower cabinet, w.c .bidet and w.h.b packed in. We got told at 9.00 the a/c was working, not that it was noticeable, the room was like a sauna, the night was a nightmare, Night two was even worse, the double glazing is unable to combat the traffic noise,and the a/c is poor. We decided to check out, even though we still had 5 nights in naples we would be out of pocket, NEVER PAY UP FRONT..THIS IS NOT A 4 STAR HOTEL

Room Tip: Corner room is larger
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple