“Great location, tinny hotel”
Review of Pinto-Storey

Pinto-Storey
Ranked #86 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed in the Pinto Storey Hotel in Napoli for 4 nights this summer: great location, across from the subway entrance (same line going to Napoli Centrale) and 1 block from Via de Mille (with all the fancy stores). THe room was very tinny but the balcony facing the Napoli bay and the Vesuvio was amazing. Only problem: the AC fan from the room next door was on my balcony and when on, the hot air was blowing up into my room... too bad.... The second thing: paid Wi-Fi....
The staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I like staying in small hotels or B&B in good locations and usually stay with my friend in Naples, this trip I needed a hotel. The location is good, the hotel is old fashioned and clean. They charge for AC and Internet, which in other hotels and B&B's I have stayed in in Italy these are free. The man who works at the front desk during the day was not helpful or pleasant at all. I asked about an iron the answer was no. My first morning at breakfast (I was staying 4 nights) I asked if it was possible that they would have plain yogurt the next morning and the answer was no, next week was the reply. The grocery is across the street, I bought my own. The next morning I asked for a bowl and spoon and they gave it to me but I was not allowed to take it to my room. I have been visiting Naples for 20 years and this is one of the few times I felt that rudeness was the rule, which is unfortunate. Would not recommend this hotel based on the bad attitude.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nb2011_11
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After staying a week on Ischia, we needed to spend one night in Naples because of a very early flight home. My mom had been in Naples a couple of times and thought it was dirty, etc. (you know the stuff you hear people complain about). However, there is one neighborhood which is different, Chiaia. This hotel was suggested to me and I wish I had spent more than one night there. Since our flight was so early in the morning, we weren’t able to have breakfast there. There is a small refrigerator in the room, so I bought some pastries to keep for the morning along with cold coffee. The room had a small balcony with a side view of Vomero. I will definitely stay in this hotel again on my next trip to Naples The area was beautiful with nice shops and restaurants not far away.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sushi3
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Like the other reviewers, I found the location to be spot-on with its being near a metro stop and shopping. Room was clean and comfortable. Think AC was extra, internet definitely was, which surprised me (I guess having wi-fi doesn't mean it's free). Found one staff person to be quite unhelpful/unfriendly (was turned off by this immediately and probably wouldn't stay there again because of it) while another was quite the opposite, informing us that we didn't have to use our allotted internet time all @ once (would have been nice if we'd been told that the first time we paid for an hour), showing us on a map where to have dinner, etc. Overall, a comfortable stay but don't know that I'd go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This is an old hotel in Napoli, more a pension than an Hotel, but nice and the best think is the Location. Your are in city center , and the metro station is in front of the hotel.

Rooms are average , with a good minibar and a fast wifi ( to be paid). The Hotel is in a Building at the 4 th and 5 th floors, and reception close at 23, so if You arrive later you have the keys of the building for late arrival.

breakfast is very average, and they accept credit cards only for a minimum amount of 50 Euro, so if You have a prepaid rate ( and they have just prepaid) for the extra ( wifi, minibar) You have to pay only Cash !!! and this is incredible for me!

At the end an average... Pension

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had a city break in Naples in Nov 2011 and stayed at this little gem. The hotel is situated on the upper floors of an old Napoli apartment building complete with polished wooden concierge 'booth' at the entrance and grand airy marble stairs (there's also a lift up to the hotel reception).

Staff were really friendly, the rooms were a fine size and we had one with a great view over the roof tops to the bay and the island of Capri out to sea. It also got plenty of sun which added to the holiday feel, despite it being Nov.

Bathroom was small but functional. Maybe if I'm being picky the shower curtain set-up could be better designed but, hey, it worked fine.

Breakfast was the usual continental fayre with great coffee as you'd expect in the spiritual home of Italian coffee.

All round, the hotel had a very relaxed, old-school feel about it, almost as if it hadn't changed since the 1940s, which we loved.

Location is great, away from the bustle of the centre in a rather chi-chi area with plenty of bars and restaurants a short walk away if you're not venturing into town. Lots of interesting second hand furniture shops in the neighbourhood too. And the metro station is a minute's walk away. Perfect.

We loved Naples and the Pinto-Storey just added to the charm of our stay there. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view over the roofs to the bay of Naples - stunning.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spratticus
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is a great little hotel in a great part of Napoli close to the shopping district without being right in the center of it (which for me is nice). Staff was very friendly and the room was large and clean. This is not a chain hotel but one that has a true European flavor and great value for the money. The breakfast was typical for Italy but nice and the staff could not have been friendlier in every experience with them.

Room Tip: This is a very small hotel - I have to believe that all the rooms are about the same. Great balcony...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple