Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo
US$248
US$310
US$283
  • Pool
Grand Hotel Europa(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$412
US$389
  • Pool
1,705 results
All reviewsvia toledomarriott chaintop floorrooftop breakfastgold memberlobby barbreakfast roomtoledo streetamalfi coastthe main shopping streetper daymount vesuviuscastel nuovoitalian hotelscentral locationtrain stationpastries
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Back in early May, I booked a stay at this hotel for next spring for me and my wifes first trip to Italy. Last week, I got an email from the Hotel telling me that my reservation was being CANCELED because the rate I booked at was actually a system error and was too low by mistake. This is very odd to me as I had booked this reservation on the hotels official Marriott website. Further, if it was truly an error, I would have expected an immediate cancelation and it took them 12 days to find this "error". Their email to me said "Please, understand that you have received the confirmation owing to a system error, and we are unfortunately not in a position to accommodate your reservation request." However, this story gets better. The email goes on to say "Also the credit card guarantee for your reservation has been denied by our credit card system as it appears to be invalid." This is a complete lie and, to be honest, very insulting to me, a very loyal Marriott guest. The credit card used to book this hotel stay was my Marriott Chase Credit Card that I use for all of my travel. This same credit card has paid for over 500 Marriott nights in the last 6 years and is currently being used to hold 12 other reservations with Marriott hotels for trips planned for the next year.

To conclude their email, they let me know that "Fortunately the system error has been fixed, so you should be able to make a new reservation today or tomorrow at the latest." Do you really think after this treatment that I will want to book a new room at 3x the price I origially planned on paying?

I have tried calling multiple times and either get hung up on or placed on hold for over 30 minutes, in which case I just give up.

The hotel should HONOR its rates on its website and NOT LIE about an invalid credit card. Further, it should treat a Marriott Platinum member better than by hanging up or placing on very long hold when I call to inquire further.

I want an explanation and my original reservation back at the rate I booked it at.

To all considering this hotel, please be aware of this. If this is how they treat a Marriott Platinum member, who knows how they treat other guests. Be prepared for your reservation to be randomly canceled with no explanation!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tpagator07
RenaissanceNaples, Manager at Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear tpagator07,

thank you for your comment, as anticipated in the email correspondence, we would confirm you that your booking determined by a clear and obvious system error. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
It is our belief that honesty and truth are always due to our guests, so we are deeply sorry you might have had the impression of any dishonesty.

Dear tpagator07, thank you again for your time and your attention, we hope we will have the chance to meet you in Naples; for any need we are at your disposal.

Warm Regards

Pasquale Noli
Resident Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a week for business. Common spaces are sleek and modern. Room was good sized and serviceable but far from luxurious. Comfortable bed with mini fridge. Fridge was stocked with plenty of extra room to stash your drinks from a local grocery. Typical hotel minibar prices so you will want to pick up your own. Bathroom is a good size Altho the toilet is a bit too close to the wall, making for a tight fit.

Breakfast: breakfast buffet on the roof level was just ok. Hot options are very limited but they had a good selection of pastries, fruit ect. Hot options were limited to a choice of lukewarm scrambled eggs or cheese omelet (premade). Also bacon, which was tasty, and mini hotdogs (?). They also had mushrooms which were cold and clearly just dumped from a can. Beans were also on offer but I didn’t partake. Fantastic view tho and great coffee. They are a little understaffed so it might take a while to get someone’s attention to get your coffee order ect. Overall, noting special but you can put together a decent breakfast.

Restaurant: had a meal at the oddly named hotel restaurant O’break. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. I had the caprese salad and clam pasta. Awesome! Mozzarella was fresh and creamy, pasta was cooked to perfection. Added a large bottle of water and it came to 26eu. Not cheap but not bad for a hotel restaurant. Kinda small and tucked away on the second floor but worth a try if you want a break from going out. Ahh.. O’break. Nicely done.

Pool and hot tub area were good, offering another great view of the city.

Location is perfect near the heart of everything. I recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I was upgraded to an executive room which was spacious. My welcome gift (probably b/c I'm a gold member?) was a lovely selection of different pastas, but weighed 7kg so I had to leave it behind since this was my 1st stop and I couldn't tolerate lugging that extra weight around for 2 weeks. No view, but I wasn't in my room and the window faced a quiet street. You get the view from breakfast or while sitting on the pool deck. The floors and furnishings were dated and scratched/scuffed. The bathroom had mildew spots on the ceiling and on some tile grout, but honestly, I just stayed in 5 different hotels around Europe and they ALL had this, even the (European) 5 star hotel in Malta and my B&B overlooking Piazza Navona in Rome. The breakfast was mediocre, the bartender in the lobby bar was great and everyone was nice at the desk. I read reviews that the jacuzzi was not hot, but let me tell you it was COLD, just like the pool. I hoped from reviews people meant not hot ~100 degrees instead of 105. Nope, more like 78. Its a cold pool with bubbles. The sauna was hot. FYI, the walls are thin and the doors slam loudly. Light sleepers will wake up when the neighbors close their doors.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank aehrn
RenaissanceNaples, Manager at Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Aehm,
thank you for having shared your experience with the community of T.A.

We are very sorry to learn that you were not full satisfied about your stay with us.
First of all please apologize if either the room and the experience to the Solarium, appearing both of them not well kept. We are sure that your comments will help our engineer department to improve the standard of service of maintenance and upkeep.
We are also sorry for your negative opinion about our full American breakfast, which is indeed composed of a large selection of local and Italian pastries (4 different kind of croissants, brioches, cakes and tart, pancake, waffle), jam and yogurt, cornflakes, selection of salad and tomatoes, omelette and scramble eggs, mushrooms and beans, selection of cold cuts and cheese and more other local specialties. For your next stay please do not hesitate to share with us your favorite predilections, we will do our best to satisfy your needs.

Dear Aehm, let us to thank you for the kind words spent for our team; all of us work with great passion for the hospitality.

We really hope to see you soon.

Yours in hospitality,

Pasquale Noli
Resident Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The Renaissance features classic Italian rooms, a rooftop garden restaurant overlooking the Castle and harbor, and a rooftop sauna and whirlpool.

Vittoria, a charming woman at the front desk, upgraded my room, ensured that I had everything I needed, and made careful arrangements for late checkout. She was charming and attentive.

The room had stunning views of the sea and harbor. The furnishings were classical but comfortable and quiet. The bathroom had a whirlpool tub with a view of the plaza below.

Breakfast was lavish, including traditional Italian pastries.

I moved into a standard room the next afternoon, which was small but well-designed. It was more typical if s European hotel (small), but certainly pleasant.

I highly recommend it for an upscale but authentic city hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Spent 5 nights here. Excellent location to explore the city. Every popular spot is in 5-10 min by foot (2 subway station in 5 min). The room was good (no.805, high floor superior), clean, good size and well equipped.The view from rooftop on 11th floor at breakfast was excellent. But! Very limited choice (compared with other marriott hotels) and the bigger problem, there was very poor refill. 2 times from 5 breakfast, there was empty trays (see photos..), and nobody refilled them. There was a lot of waitress/waiter but nobody cared about it. But overall good and recommended if you search a good hotel a strategic location.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family