“Suited the purpose”

Ranked #47 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Suited the purpose”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The rooms were comfortable. The location left a lot to be desired. In a commercial area (read that: not retail) which closes up at the end of business day. We were told not to head out on foot after dark. They do have a shuttle that runs every hour and a half I think it was which just goes to the train station, to the marina, to train station and back to hotel. It does not run on Sunday as we found out when leaving to catch out train to our next destination. They offer a breakfast buffet (E10 each) which is adequate. Dinner buffet was if I recall, E28 each. We found better value and quality elsewhere. It was mediocre at best. I would stay again if I were ever to return to Naples, but would eat elsewhere...and would bring extra $ for those cabs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear CLHow
I wish to thank you for the time you spent in sharing your comment with the Tripadvisor readers.
I’m happy to learn that, overall, our Hotel met with your agreement, except three points.
I agree with you that the area in the back of the Hotel, needs urgent works to reach the level of the rest of the area. We hope that the public administration will soon take care of it.
Concerning the dinner, I’m sorry you found it mediocre, since it is usually highly appreciated by our Guests. I’m sure that the medium quality you noticed is occasional, but nevertheless we’ll check this matter to maintain the usual high standard.
Finally, our shuttle bus runs 8 time a day to/from Hotel/railway station/city center/airport. On Sunday and bank holiday is not available.
I hope I’ll have the pleasure to see you again at the Holiday Inn Naples, in the event of a future trip to Naples, and thanking you once more for your kind attention, I send you my best regards.
Bruno De Caria, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Israel
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel is located just when you go off the Autosrada.
Naples is not a city to drive in, leave the car at the hotel parking!
We got a nice room, very Holiday Inn one, clean with all the facilities.
Then you have either a shuttle or you can take a taxi downtown which is about 10Eur. Breakfast is very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear mnaor
We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Naples.
It is lovely to read that you found accommodation nice and you appreciated its facilities and its cleanliness.
In addition thank you for your positive feedback on our breakfast and our shuttle service.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again at the Holiday Inn Naples.
Best regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 August 2013

First of all we were a little worried about the hotel from soooooo many negative reviews. We are still here for 4 days and just Ca e back from another wonderful dinner. First do your homework. We are platinum members, and we were given a wonderful suite with the harbor, and the majestic Mt. Vesuvius ! They cater too many tour groups, but we never saw them at all. So many negative reviews on the area. Come on it is in a buisness district for buisness travelers of course, but it was perfect for us. We used our Pts. And I can not tell you how wonderful it was. Today we went to Pompeii and walked from the hotel a whole 5minutes to the metro to take to Garibaldi and on to Pompeii. Great people at the Holiday Inn. All you negative reviewers you fine fault in petty things!,,
Rafaella manager in the dining was a special lady with great charm and always remembered our names and would have our same table ready. I could see how hard she worked to make every guest feel special. They have a wonderful bar that is chic, and very relaxing to have a cocktail or beer. Anna is a special lady who always wears a smile, and wants to serve you. She gave us such great service especially after a long day in Pompeii. Thankyou HolidyInn for a great stay. Awsome hotel, fantastic food, and a room to die for. Listen, we just left a beautiful hotel in Rome at the Spanish Steps InterContinental De la VILLE, my husband and I enjoyed it, but guess what? Holiday Inn wins hands down. Thankyou Holiday Inn for a wonderful time. Right now we are watching a beautiful sunset, and Sorrento looks wonderful. Next stop for us. Ciao

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Dave92024
I am very delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us and I really thank you for the time spent in writing your fantastic review!
I was really pleased that you liked your room and its amenities as well as the services of the hotel. Most of all I am thrilled to know that you found all the staff at the hotel friendly and caring: I will be very happy to share with our whole team your positive comments, in particularly with Raffaella and Anna.
I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again at the Holiday Inn Naples.
Best regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Hard to find the hotel, kept going around in circles due to lack of signs. Front Desk staff was polite and professional and very helpful with directions. Rooms are average .... Bathroom is outdated. I know many chains are switching to dispensers for soap and shampoo but I do not like it!!! For an overnight stay at a very reasonable price, it was fine.

• Stayed July 2013
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear viaggiaresempre73
Many thanks for the time you dedicated to us.
I’m sorry you had some problem in finding our Hotel. We’ll see how to improve the signs, to facilitate the arrival at our Hotel.
I’m glad that your stay has been nice, on the whole, and I hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Naples.
Thanks again for your review and best regards
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is probably the nicest Holiday Inn property I have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in quite a few). Nice rooms, nice lobby, nice restaurant. The property is a good walk from the train station and not the best of neighborhoods, but the hotel is not to blame on those counts. We were there two nights and due to Platinum status with the brand were upgraded to an awesome 1 bedroom suite. The room was fantastic and the air conditioning worked great so no complaints whatsoever. The staff was super friendly and very welcoming. Arrived on a weekend for 2 nights and since it is a business district nothing was open except for restaurants right by the train station. That was a definite disadvantage as that was 15 minutes away. The hotel's shuttle doesn't run on Sundays either, so getting food would mean walking. One complaint - emailed the hotel weeks before arrival asking schedule of the shuttle and where it picks up at the train station and never received a response. So I still have no idea...never saw it...couldn't use it one day because it doesn't run on Sundays. Overall, the quality of the hotel totally makes up for the poor location.

Room Tip: I am pretty sure that all rooms are of high quality here. I guess the higher up the better the view...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear wdwfan15
I thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor readers, and for the.
I’m glad to learn that your stay has been enjoyable and comfortable.
I’m sorry you didn’t get an answer to your e mail. It will be helpful to have the address you used and the time you sent the e mail. These information will help us to check if there is any problem with our server.
Thanking you once more, and hoping to seeing again at our Hotel, I send you my best regards
Lugano
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at this Hotel 3 Nights (Originally 4 Nights Booked) and changed to a different hotel, for a couple of reasons:
1. Hotel is in the Financial District , no Shops or Restaurant after 18.00 or on saturday/sundays
2. Distance to City Center about 1 hours walking or between 12-18 euros by Taxi, Hotel Shuttle only 4 Times per day (Return) - First come Basis (Bus has max. 8seats)
3. No Pool or swimming possibility anywhere nearby

Room Tip: Try to get a room with view to Vesuvi vulcano, the higher floor the better (Hotel has 18 floors)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BAC 6815
Many thanks for your comments.
I’m sorry our Hotel didn’t meet your expectations.
Regarding the free shuttle bus, I wish to inform the readers that it runs 8 times per day (Sunday and bank holiday excluded) from/to railways station, city center and Capodichino international airport.
Our Hotel doesn’t have any swimming pool, and our District, although after 18.00 only the restaurant in front of the Hotel Is open, is highly appreciate by a lot of our Guests, that during the day, enjoy walking around and find a lot of cafeterias, bars, pizzeria and good value shops.
Thanks again and best regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Great location if you like staying in the middle of an Industrial estate surrounded by run down developments. Plenty of litter in the street also. Transfers to hotel also awful and taxi fares down town seemed very high just to get back and forth to the city walls. Of course it must be said that Naples is not exactly the best city in Italy

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and stay in the city if you must go to Naples (for the pizza)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Stuart294265
Thank you for your comments.
I agree with you that the back of the Hotel, needs to be redeveloped, and we hope that the city authority, soon will take the due measures to do it.
The other side of the Hotel is quite different and appreciated by a lot of our Guests.
The city of the city is easily reachable, thanks to our free shuttle bus, that runs 8 times a day (Sunday and bank holiday excluded).
I hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Naples, and I thank you once more for the time you spent with your review
Best regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels