“Business hotel with free shuttle”
Review of Holiday Inn Naples

Holiday Inn Naples
Ranked #47 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Devon
“Business hotel with free shuttle”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Myself and two colleagues stayed for almost three weeks in the hotel. The staff were all very nice and language was not an issue. The free shuttle to the airport was a massive saving on taxi's for us but the shuttle also went into the city for holiday guests. The restaurant is nothing special but the food was good and cheap, but the situation of the hotel meant you could eat out if you preferred.
The rooms on the upper executive floor were bigger with good views over the city. The free wifi has to be renewed every three days but you do get good coverage in the hotel. This is a good base for business but not a hotel for holidays as it is placed in the middle of the business district, and for a hoilday you would be better suited near the city center. The mini gym is ok but limited machines.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DevonAde
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear DevonAde
Let me thank you for the nice review and for the time you spent in sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Naples.
I’m glad to learn that you enjoyed your long stay at our Hotel.
I took note of what you reported about the internet and the restaurant, for which I thank you, and of course I’ll check any possible way to improve our service.
We take in high consideration the impressions of our Guests, that help us to be always updated on their needs.
I hope to see you again in our Hotel, and thanking you once more I send you my best regards.
Bruno De Caria, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's already the second time in this hotel, this time was for a girls trip in august. The services in the hotel are very good. The hotel it's easy to find, in the Centro Direzionale Area, near the Court of Law of Naples.

Yes, Naples is a bit scary for those of you coming the first time here. But you will get familiar in maximum 2 days and it will be ok. The hotel is in a guarded area for 24 hours, so, once you pass by the Railway scary zone, you'll be fine.

Being with the girls, we took each time the free shuttle of the hotel which I will definitely recommend you to take. They have good hours for those of you who wants to go either to the airport or the railway station or even the city center near the port.

Room Tip: Take the Free Shuttle to railway, city center and to airport. 20 minutes away to all destinations
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank CoriT_Bucharest
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear CoriT_Bucharest
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and to have chosen the Holiday Inn Naples.
I am delighted to hear that you found our courtesy bus very useful and I am also thrilled to know that you found our services in hotel very good.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and I sincerely hope to see you soon again in Naples.
Bruno De Caria. General Manager
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The only thing that is nice about this hotel is that the beds are comfortable but everything else was below average.
I was assigned room 1409, DON"T ACCEPT TO TAKE THIS ROOM !! It is a very small room located in front of the service room, you can hear noises all day and all night.
There is no wifi coverage in that room, i used my 3G sim card to access my emails !!
The breakfast is very poor and the service in the restaurant are not that friendly.
The location of that hotel is the worst, it is located inside an industrial area or something like this, the only way out from the hotel was by taxi, i wouldn't even dare to walk outside in the evening.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Bechara K
Thank you for your review.
I’m sorry to learn that our Hotel didn’t satisfy your expectations.
The room you had is in front of the floor office, that is used only in the morning by the chamber maid, and only for the time she needs to take and bring the items necessary for her duty. No other works are carried out and at night no one has access to that office.
Regarding the wifi coverage, I’m sure that the problem was temporary, since we don’t have complaint concerning the internet connection.
For the breakfast I wish to inform you that we usually receive appreciation for the quality, but I understand that your taste could be different.
Finally the location. We are in the modern district of Naples “Centro Direzionale”, and our Hotel is one of the skyscrapers of the area. The center could be reached also through our free shuttle service, which is highly appreciated by our Guests, that runs 8 times a day from Monday to Saturday.
I thank you once more for the time you dedicated to us, and I hope to see you again.
Best regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Though it's located in the heart of an industrial area, the hotel itself was all right.
Well, it's the only hotel among 10 which we stayed at on our recent trip which had big single beds (4.5 feet wide) with an iron n ironing board to use. Safe was available too.
What please us was the complete set in the coffee corner (hot chocolate pack on top of the usual coffee and tea); with electric kettle and ice cooler as well.
Bathroom was fine with a big bathtub.
There were 4 small lifts. Lobby was on Level 2, breakfast at Level 0, which was basic but ok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teresa967
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Teresa 967
I am delighted to hear that you liked the comfort and quality of our rooms and the services provided in our hotel; in particularly we really appreciate your positive feedback on our comfortable beds.
I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again soon.
With best wishes. Bruno De Caria, General Manager.
Torino, Italia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I'm really sorry to write a terrible review of this hotel, but it was actually the worst Holiday Inn I have ever been. The story began at my check in; after waiting too long I was assigned room number 1209, a single room. I went up to my room and there was no clear indication on how to switch on the lights, and no hints was given at the reception. I came back to the reception asking for a new room, being the 1209 in front of the area where the hotel service stores its tools to clean the rooms. It was said to me that no room change was possible at all, also with a sort of sarcastic laughter of the receptionist. When I returned to the room I found it in a very bad state (see the pictures): the air conditioning system was dripping from the ceiling (the stain you see in the picture is water from it); the bathroom was dirty (see picture) and the toilet cover was broken (see picture).
At the lifts (the hotel is a tall building) it happened to wait up to ten minutes to get down (and the stairs are external and nobody dares to use them...).
At breakfast (not very good, by the way) the waiter takes your table cloth as soon as you go to take something else, even if you are not finished (it happened to me and I noticed it for other two people the same day!).
Moreover the hotel is located in a typically business area, so at night there is absolutely nothing if you don't take a taxi and go to the center.
All in all, avoid this hotel, only the brand is Holiday Inn, the quality is not at all.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank mistok72
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear mistok72,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waterloo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here the last night of our honeymoon as we had a 6 am flight in the morning and the hotel is located 5 mins away. First problem was the lights on the entire floor went out for some reason so we could barely find our room....second problem was, as is custom in Italy, everything is closed between 2 and 7:30 ie no restaurant. Even the restaurants outside the hotel were closed. We searched for ANYTHING to eat and found nothing, not even a vending machine. We went back to the room and noticed the door would not lock. They at least sent maintenance up to repair it quickly. When we finally got to eat, it was disgusting and we paid something like 50 euro. And last but not least, the shower did not work......

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Monty759,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls and dissatisfaction you encountered during your stay. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable, although a little dated. The reception staff members were all pleasant enough. The breakfast at the hotel was ok. The Italian and German items (pastries, breads, meats) were all decent. They attempted American style scrambled eggs and failed, they were cold and watery, simply inedible.

The biggest issue with this hotel was the neighborhood. Inside of the hotel we felt safe enough, but outside was something else. We were arriving from the airport and I suspect we missed a turn on our first attempt to get to the hotel. We ended up in what I would call the seedy underbelly of the financial district. The building next door is also a courthouse and during our stay we noticed a number of vans and buses from the local penitentiary as well as regular presence of local police.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear CO719_Traveler
Many thanks for the time you dedicated to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Naples.
I’m glad that overall, your experience at our Hotel was good. I’m sorry for the eggs you found cold and watery. Your comment has been shared with the Maitre, in order to improve the attention on our breakfast service.
I agree with you about the area on the back of the Hotel. We hope that the public administration will soon take the due steps to start with redevelopment works.
I hope to see you again at our Hotel, and thanking you once more for your kind attention, I send you my best regards.
Bruno De Caria, General Manager