“Things You Need To Know !”

Best Western Hotel Paradiso
Ranked #34 of 186 Hotels in Naples
London, United Kingdom
“Things You Need To Know !”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This Hotel could be a lot better ! English is not great at the hotel and staff do not have a great understanding of it regardless of what they say. We stayed for 10 days here and found the room to be of a 2 star rating to be honest. The room was supposed to have tea and coffee facilities and we had to ask for a kettle and had no milk for 10 days, when we asked for milk a small glass full in a silver jug cost us 3 euros ! The kettle blew the trip fuse in the room 6 times every time we put it on sometimes 10 seconds apart, when we told reception 5 times they said no problem and guess what ! they went to re set the trip to which we already had done !! not fix the problem. Only 1 plug socket available to do everything you need to charge other side of the double socket was useless. The room ( double with sea view) was basic and could have done with more attention to detail. Great views but at a cost ! Breakfast was continental style cake and cold meat some cakes fruit and yogurt 2 flavours only. tea had to be asked for and then they brought you a small silver jug of hot water , you had to get your own tea bag from selection and no milk offered, had to use the cereal milk. we did try an evening meal and was not impressed. cleaners and porters were very good. There needs to be far more attention paid to what customers say here as the hotel is up the top of a cliff and is a heck of walk each way to the bottom, the incline railway is not far away one street up from the hotel turn left 1000 yds to top looks like a petrol station. tickets can be purchased for 1.30 euros last 90 mins on all public transport. Naples attracts thousands of people via the docks every day and the whole place prices it towards them so be aware if they can they will charge you heavy. Do day trips out we went to Capri, Rome, Amalfi worth looking into ! Taxis can charge a lot of money and do not charge by meter at times so again be aware use the incline railway and trains buses well worth it.

To Sum up : Views are good, but you pay a penalty. Hotel needs to upgrade itself 4 star it is not. Shame as it could be a dream ?

Room Tip: for best sea view ask for room on floor 4, floor 3 is okay , floor 2 is terrible views. there is a h...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It is an amazing hotel with the best possible view. Staff are downright rude and arrogant. Do not eat in the hotel or expect any kind of service. We used eat breakfast in a coffee shop opposite the hotel, even though the room was inclusive of breakfast. That is how bad the service was.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors or you will not get the view
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the views.The staff made me feel like i worked there the waiter was rude enough to ask me to leave a tip "The tip is cash" It is worth a stay just for the view over napoli bay but one night would be enough never again!

Room Tip: ask for a see view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Although it was in a gorgeous location, I did not at all enjoy our stay here.
Positives:
The views over Napoli during our stay were quite breathtaking.
The food at the restaurant for dinner was delicious and well presented.
Negatives:
Those at reception were not too helpful and in some cases were quite rude.
The room itself gave no sense of space and parts of it were unclean when we arrived.

1 Thank NickLiub
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We arrived in the evening; there were 3 of us in the group. We were driving; the hotel is hard to find but there are helpful signs posted on the roadside which take you to the hotel. The triple room which was reserved for us was facing away from the waterfront. Dominic at the front desk was very accommodating and found a room for us with the view of the bay and the city. The views from the roof top and lobby are fantastic. The rooms are on the small side but the views more than makes up for this deficiency (Make sure you get a room facing the ocean-side).

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the water and city
Dominican Republic
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I stayed on August 17th, 2013. The receptionist was very unfriendly and not responsive to our needs. We found our way around the hotel without any assistance from the staff. I cannot describe in words how awful the Restaurant was. The staff were ignoring us completely, no matter how much we tried to get their attention. Finally we left downstairs to our room and called for room service only to be told that they couldn't do it at 6pm. My husband proceeded to go downstairs to speak to the manager only to be told that there wasn't one. When all of a sudden the restaurant manager comes down and asks what the problem was. My husband looked at him in shock and said "you are the problem"! They then sent us a bottle of champagne for our inconveniences, which we declined and they left it in our room nonetheless. I would not recommend this hotel to an enemy if I had one. Naples is dirty and unsafe, if it wasn't for the convenience of getting around in Italy, I would probably never visit again. The only thing I can say about Naples is that their pizza is one of the best I have ever had.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I recently (August 17, 2013) stayed at Best Western Hotel Paradiso in Napoli, Italy, and we were refused service and experienced blatant discrimination (I am of Hispanic descent).

When I arrived, I was told that my Diamond Level entitlement of “best available room” was not available because all rooms were booked. When I saw my room, it was in an unsanitary state and I elected to stay at another hotel . When I informed the hotel desk, miraculously, a better room became available. Okay.

My wife and I went upstairs to the roof top terrace to enjoy the view and planned to stay there until midnight to celebrate my birthday. On arriving I saw a table lavishly strewn with beautiful beautiful plates and welcoming appetizers. Wow, I thought, that looks good.

We were not allowed to sit at a table with a view, because they were “reserved”. Okay. It was not full, and there were sufficient staff either taking care of patrons, or standing there waiting to be called or attend to people. It took 15 minutes just to get menus, and then I asked for two glasses of Grand Marnier (I had checked on my way in and was shown an almost full bottle); 10 minutes passed, 20 minutes passed and when I tried to get the attention of a server or waiter they would not and walk away. After a while, I got up and asked a waiter that was standing there assist us. He said, “I will be right there” and then proceeded to continue standing there. Finally, I got up and went to the head waiter and our drinks were brought out immediately. When they brought the drinks, I asked for the same exact appetizers that were on the table I saw when I arrived (see above). Still no one sitting at the tables with a view.

People that had arrived later than us, had been served, eaten, and were not leaving. Again, 20 minutes passed, half an hour, 45 minutes, and still no appetizers, despite the fact that the place was nearing empty. Again, I got up and asked a waiter that was standing there assist us. Again, he said, “I will be right there” and then proceeded to continue standing there. Finally, I got up and went to the head waiter (again) and appetizers arrived maybe 10 minutes later. However, instead of being beautifully presented on lovely and multiple dishes, they were all crammed onto one small plate, as if they had just been thrown on there. Okay. When we tried to eat them they were cold, and some tasted as if they were stale and left over from the previous day or something. Still no one at the tables we wanted, despite they were now closing dinner. No one would take our dinner order, despite several attempts to do so.

Being ignored and denied service, we left.
Still being hungry, I called room service and asked for two glasses of Grand Marnier and two meals. I was told they were out of Grand Marnier, despite the more-than-half-full bottle that was there when we left just minutes ago, and when I tried to specify the meal they simply hung up on me.

Unhappy, I went to the front desk to complain to the hotel manager; it was a Saturday and I was told the hotel manager would not be at the hotel until Tuesday. So, they called the restaurant manager (i.e. the head waiter I had spoken to several times), and he claimed he spoke no English. I explained to the person at the front desk what had happened and he translated it to the restaurant manager. The restaurant manager denied what had happened in perfect English and offered me some Grand Marnier (what? I thought you were out!). The person at the front desk said, “If you ask me, it looks like they are discriminating against you”. I agreed and expressed my disgust and frustration in polite terms and went to my room.

We left the next day.

Room Tip: stay away from this place!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple