“The best pizza I have ever had. I haven't bothered eating pizza since.”

Pizzeria Michele via Martucci
Ranked #522 of 2,958 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had dinner at Pizzeria da Michele in Naples. Only 4€, and very simple – thin dough, tomato sauce, olive oil, and fresh mozzarella. The guy making the pizza was drinking a beer.

It was the best pizza I’ve ever had. I don’t see a point in eating pizza anywhere else.

The center, with its soggy concentrated mix of olive oil, tomato sauce, and mozzarella was a little circle of heaven.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We came late evening and were seated near the pizzaiolo and the oven. We spent there an hour, and the pizzaiolo was working non-stop on assembling more and more pizzas, each spent in the big wood oven less than a minute. Later we understood that the restaurant comprised multiple rooms (all apparently were full), many of which not visible from the outside.
We ordered a Pesto Genovese pizza, which was excellent. Each pizza is pretty big, about 50cm in diameter, thin crust and not too heavy topping. With a glass of Peroni, we had no complaints.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I ate here on a Friday evening and timed it just right as a line formed outside of the pizzeria to get in (all appeared to locals). The pizzeria offers two kinds of pizza and I had the margarita and it was great. Very simple pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, and spices baked in a wood fired oven.. The pace in the restaurant was hectic with many people coming in to pick up their orders to take home. I was seated with some locals who spoke some English and they stated they ate there every Friday. I highly recommend the pizza and the experience.

1  Thank Freq_flier_13
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I visited Naples for 5 days on a recent trip and had pizza at all the Tripadvisor ranked pizzerias and da Michele takes the cake. The marinara pizza has the perfect mixture of olive oil, tomatoes, oregano and garlic to create a delicious, soupy pizza that you can't get anywhere else. Not to mention, the dough is baked to a smokey perfection. If you are in the area looking for pizza, da Michele is can't miss. Although be prepared to wait in long lines and sit through mediocre service.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Visited here last week, the service is brisk and the staff rude. Be prepared to move tables when it starts getting busy so they can squeeze more people in.
Although there is only 2 choices of pizza it was the best I had tasted so made up for the above, I would recommend and price was so cheap. It's in downtown Naples so keep streetwise and watch out for muggers.