“Best Coffee Ever”

Price range: US$1 - US$6
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I completely new experience and a must if you enjoy coffee.
As said, pay on entry after choosing from a large menu then up to the counter to watch two smarter dressed chaps do the biz.
Caffe Napoli was amazing and I don't think any expresso will compare back home.

I think I will pop back tomorrow

Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is one of the nicer coffee bars in Naples, but is hardly anything special in a city where every commercial block has at least two coffee bars on it.

2  Thank MikeE73
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We went there as soon we arrived in Naples. The coffee was superb, well at least that is what our friends told us. I didn’t have one because I was poorly the day before. It has been an institution since I lived in Naples 35 odds years ago and is still there. Although this is a branch, the original I believe is still in Piazza Dante and the flavour is the same. One thing that I remember is that after one drinks the coffee, the aroma lingers in one’s mouth for hours. Infact I believe if you have one in the morning and don’t have lunch the taste will still be in your mouth. My friends confirmed the same. That was the normal espresso, I forgot to tell them to ask for a Harem which is the espresso elevated to a higher level still.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This place is not a restaurant or bar/pub/club type place. It's a strait up fast-paced coffee bar. You're in and out in a few minutes. You pay for your coffee and snack then head to the counter. You're cordially greeted and served promptly. You finish your coffee and snack and take off. It's fast, cheap and very good for what it is.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

... And that is just the coffee. A visit to the Piazza Dante branch made me a convert to Passalacqua coffee, which they say is the coffee from Napoli, as it's roasted in their factory near the airport. Both cafes are very classic, long bar, standing room only, lots of brass, bold orange decor. Unfortunately, like so many places in Napoli, they are closed on Sundays. We drank our way through several coffees, all strong, but full of flavour, and always served with a glass of sparkling water.

But in Napoli, most random cafes will be excellent, but this was top notch in terms of coffee and atmosphere. They also sell their coffee to take home. Strangely, beans only come in 1kg sacks and are a lot more expensive than ground. Ground can also be bought in the big supermarkets in Napoli, and with its cheerful yellow packaging, makes excellent gifts.

I heard one can also visit the factory, but we did. It have time but it would be interesting to know if any one has been.

1  Thank Anja-Superlekker