After reading most of reviews, we chose this hotel when we noticed how close the hotel is to central station & as we wanted to stay there overnight just to visit Pompeii instead of Naples itself.
We arrived there at 7 pm after approximately a 3 hour journey from Roma Termini station in the cheapest available train which cost just 10.50 Euros per person.
Literally the hotel is a minute from the station, on the corner.
Just walk out of station, turn left, pass pedestrian line & there it is.
(Bear in mind here drivers do not pay attention to pedestrian line & pass it without stopping!
So BE CAREFULL!)
After passing a revolving door, we got rid of the crazy chaotic atmosphere of city thanks to excellency sound isolation of the hotel & we felt quite comfortable inside the hotel.
Once inside we discovered the front desk staffs were extremely pleasant & helpful. A charming lady checked us in & in a few minutes we were in our room. As I always prefer shower instead of bathtub I asked them to change the room and they did so quickly.
The room was nice at descent size. The bathroom was ok. Sheets & towels were clean &the bed was comfortable. (No Kettle). WI –fi service was acceptable although it was free only in lobby & every 30 minutes we had to get a new password.
In contrast with what said by other reviewers the breakfast was average but the staffs at breakfast saloon were very friendly.
For the general Italian standard, this hotel is actually quite nice & considering the rate & location it is a very good deal. I would highly recommend it & I definitely will come back for visit Herculaneum.
But there remains a little something that I feel I MUST share with you.
In the morning after breakfast we went to reception & asked about available options for going to Pompeii. The receptionist Mr. L** replied there are 2 options –by car & train. I asked about the car & he introduced the hotel driver Mr. M**** to me (which I wish he had not done).When he told us it cost us 75 Euros we refused & got out of the hotel. He followed us and insisted that we accept his offer. After bargaining we fixed our deal for 50 Euros in return of travel to Pompeii & Mt. Vesuvius for the whole day.
We went to ruins site looked around for 3 hours .As the weather condition did not allow us to go to Volcano site we decided to visit Paradiso district of Napoli instead. It was the most scenic & picturesque part of the town. Somehow like Nice or Monaco. Finally we came back to the hotel. When we arrived I gave him 50 Euros. Surprisingly he threw back the money at me rudely & claimed that we had agreed upon 50 for persons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!
As he was making a scene on the street, I asked for help from the receptionist Mr. L** but he was so reluctant!!!
Anyway as I didn’t want to ruin my holiday I had to pay him 100 €.
҉ ҉ ҉
The next day while we checking out, I told the story to the desk staff (the charming lady who had checked us in & a nice gentleman of African or Middle Eastern back grand). As I started my story & mentioned the name of Mr. M**** they nodded their head which showed that it was not the first time that it happened. They apologized & I am sure if they were present the day before they would have helped me. Well, I asked them to arrange for the airport transfer & they told me it would cost 15.50 €, I couldn’t keep from asking
“Is it per persons or the total rate??!!!!!!!!! “
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Starhotels Terminus in Naples. We're conveniently located in Piazza Garibaldi, close to the historical centre and just beside the railway station - ideal for travelling around and exploring the city's most important cultural sights.Our romantic hotel is styled with harmonious colours and exudes the warmth and hospitality for which Naples has always been famous. Sit and enjoy drinks in the roof garden and soak up the beautiful views encompassing Vesuvius and the Gulf of Naples. During the spring and summer, you can enjoy the sounds of live piano music too.In all there are 173 traditional rooms and suites, a well-equipped fitness room, new Congress Centre with 10 meeting rooms seating, all bathed in natural light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Starhotels Terminus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Terminus Hotel Naples
- Starhotel Terminus Naples
- Starhotel Terminus Hotel Naples