“Review for visit on 16.6.14”

Starhotels Terminus
Ranked #41 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Receptionist was rude, abrupt and unfriendly. Shower was crummy with a seat in the middle which did not fold up which made it very difficult. Toilet was positioned very high which is not good for a short person. No bidet was in my bathroom and no bath tub. Traffic noises outside with lots of beeping and noisy building construction directly next door. Apparently they are building a shopping mall which will be ready next year. On the plus side good location and clean. Needless to say I will not be staying here again. Also when I asked for a Map they gave me a photocopy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Enreva Z
There are newer reviews for Starhotels Terminus

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights during a recent business trip to Napoli and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Room was comfortable enough and generally very clean and tidy. Outlook was over the railway which was very uninspiring and somewhat noisy at times. My main gripe was the breakfast and the staff at breakfast. The choice was very limited and staff simply inattentive to the guests. Will certainly not be a first choice hotel on future trips.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our first night of a trip through Italy and so being so close to the main train station was a real blessing - literally across the road. The reception was warm and beautifully decorated, welcoming and with pleasant staff (considering we checked in at about 11pm).

The bags were taken to our room by the concierge service with efficiency and politeness.

The room however did not follow initial impressions. We were on the third floor and it does look like other floors (one and two) have been renovated so possibly we were just unlucky, but the room was small, painted in a kind of nicotine yellow and didn't feel particularly clean. The bed was supposed to be a double but was in fact two singles pushed together (common for Italy though). Bed sheets were clean and freshly starched.

The bathroom was adequate in size, and although clean did appear dated. The shower was nice and powerful, but the curtain didn't reach the floor so all the water leaked out onto the bathroom.

Other reviews mention the area not feeling too safe and we have to agree that walking to the hotel from the nearby bus stop did feel a little conspicuous with our bags etc and at one point it did look like we were being scoped out. That said, if you keep your wits about you everything should be okay. Seems to be a common viewpoint for Naples as a city rather than specific to this hotel though.

Overall we would stay at the hotel again if we were travelling through Naples.

Hope this helps.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My room was extremely good. Quiet, clean, with balcony, and such a very comfortable bed. The air con and the wifi both worked well - something you often can't say of hotels in the same category! My only gripe was the breakfast. Why can't this hotel meet its same high standards for breakfast too? We need fresh fruit and plain yoghurt without added sugar. The scrambled egg and bacon was not well cooked and tasted disgusting. Also it was hard to get a teaspoon and a milk jug for my tea. I ended up having breakfast in my room as there was a tea tray provided. It seems a pity to economise and not offer a better breakfast, especially in such a 'foodie' country.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A very good city centre hotel - we stayed one night as we made our way to the Amalfi Coast.

The hotel is ideally located by the main railway station and is well maintained. Our room was large and clean with a big, comfortable bed. Breakfast was good.

I would have given 5 stars, however, we had booked a transfer from Naples Airport some weeks prior to our arrival but as we stood at the front of the airport we realised that there was nobody waiting for us. We phoned the hotel and they denied any knowledge of our request. As it happens we were able to get a cab who charged us 25 euros - a saving of 15 euros on the hotel quoted price of 40 euros so we weren't too narked.

We arrived at 10:00pm but found the restaurant closed - disappointing but we found a lovely street restaurant 100 yards away.

Overall this was a good value hotel - just what I'd expect and I'd recommend it to anybody needing a base in Naples.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Starhotel Terminus in Naples with my mother for one night. I picked the hotel to be close to the train station. I got a very good price (online, non-refundable) and we had a wonderful room with a small balcony with a view of the city and mountain. The rooms are rather large, bright, with high ceilings, very clean, and include a small breakfast selection in the mornings in a room with a wonderful view. I thought it might be loud with the traffic noise from the street below, but in the night I heard little and had a wonderful sleep. I had read that the neighbourhood was not great around the terminal, but found it to be safe enough - busy, but if you're aware of your surroundings, you should be fine.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thesparkes
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hotel lobby and bar decor is lovely. The breakfast had excellent service, good variety, and great view. I was given a two room suite that had tall balcony doors that opened to a view of Mount Vesuvius. The room was a bit worn in places but linens were crisp and clean and finishes were of high standard. It is a gritty part of Naples but I felt safe as a single female traveller. Will stay here again. Filmon at the front desk was very helpful and professional. Alibus direct transport to airport and port from just outside the hotel.

Room Tip: I liked the view of Mount Vesuvius, but it is on the noisy side of hotel. The noise did not bother...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo