“Simply wonderful!”

Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro
Ranked #37 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Having escaped from a shabby 3-star hotel which cost the same price and which receives a better rating on Tripadvisor for some strange reason, I thought I had simply landed in heaven! The place is clean and modern, has a lot of light, excellent free WiFi in the rooms (that's been fixed!), more than just Italian TV-channels, a safe big enough for my Mac, a kettle, a wonderful bathroom, double glazing (not a peep to be heard, at least in the rooms on the back). Wonderful breakfast. A five minute walk away from the ferries. Ask for room 705 if you want to see the fireworks in your slippers on Dec 31! The staff are very friendly, very helpful. What else? If I return to Naples, I shall certainly stay at the Mercure Angioino.

Oh... and I signed up for the Mercure fidelity programme!

Room Tip: I don't know about the rooms on the street, but the rooms on the back are very silent. You can...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

A TripAdvisor Member
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Centrally location is ideal for strolling around central Naples, also easily accessible by bus from the Central Station. Walking distance to the shore. Very efficient staff with good spirit of hospitality. Very clean and modern room, very clean bathroom. Would be great if the TV system had more channels.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Clean, decent, and modern Hotel with a friendly staff. This Hotel is in a great location by the harbor to get to Capri and by the historical city-center. Excellent breakfast too...we had a great stay here...would definitely reccommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 18 September 2011

As usual the quality of the Mercure hotel is what was expected. However this hotel really shows that a designer has done the rooms. THE stay was pleasant.
Unfortunaly the hotel has no WiFi connection. This is so not 2011! à reason not to af ice this hotel to my friends!

• Stayed: September 2011
Management response:Responded 25 September 2011

Dear traveller,
I thank you in prder to have shared your satisfaction about our recent room renovation with all tripadvisor travellers.In order to wifi, I would like to assure to you that it will be improved in all rooms and common areas as soon as possible.It is our priority, but unfortunately the telephon company that had to improve it on the beginning of 2011 August gave us many problems, and we are still waiting. At the moment we are able to offer only free internet connection with cable in all rooms.We trust the wifi improvement work will be made before the end of September, but it really doesn't depend on us.
I hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the future, hoping we will be able to satisfy better your expectations, and I wish you a nice next trip!

Alessandra Bossa-Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel one night. We got a great rate. The hotel was very clean. Our room had a view of the Castel Nuevo. The room was a good size with all the amentities.

I left my cell phone there and realized it when I was getting on the plane. The hotel staff was wonderful with helping it get shipped to me in the USA. The were very responsive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in a trip to Naples to explore the city.

The hotel is in a good location in a nicer part of town, very close to Castel Nuevo, Palazzo Reale, a short walk to Castel Del'Ovo and the restaurants in Santa Lucia. Longer walk to Centro Storico, but well worth it.

We received a friendly welcome in fluent English on arrival. The room was good - recently refurbished, tea/coffee facilities, flat screen tv, and nice modern bathroom with large shower.

There are extensive renovations going on in the hotel, but we didn't hear any noise and they did not create us a problem. Building work is fairly common place in Naples though! When the new Metro station and piazza next to Castle Nuevo is completed it will be a great view form the breakfast terrace - but at present, and for the forseeable future, breakfast overlooks the building site! Breakfast is of a reasonable standard - fairly common place continental style.

Overall, good location, good value as we paid about 60EUR per night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nevaltron
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I booked this hotel as I needed to stay near the port. The property was clean, relatively quiet (considering its central location) and safe. If you want a safe haven from the chaos of central Naples this is a good choice!

Room Tip: The higher up the better. I was in 313 and that was fine,
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business