Prati Hotel
US$268
US$357
US$331
  • Pool
Grand Hotel Europa(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$83
US$197
US$163
  • Restaurant
US$151
US$129
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Having read some of the reviews on here, we were luckier than most! We knew the area would be seedy + were not sure what to expect of the hotel. Arrived at 4pm, our room was not ready, we were told it would be in "30 mins", so hesitantly left our luggage + went out to explore the surrounding area, get our bearings. We only had a very short time in Naples + knew what we wanted to see. Returned 1hr later + were told our room would be ready in "30 mins". We gave them "30 minutes" + politely insisted on any room as we had our own towels - we were given a disabled room on the 4th floor - just messy and not yet cleaned/tidied up, so 'bearable' under the circumstances. 10 mins later the door opened + the cleaner was ready to clean - so be aware that the doors cannot be secured from the inside! Cleaner was polite enough + waited. We locked everything into our cases but unfortunately my boyfriend left out his toothbrush which got 'cleaned away' - a possible misunderstanding + not the end of the world. We had a good night out, the area is as expected + we were prepared for this. My boyfriend invested in 'security boxer shorts' + we felt confident knowing our passports + credit cards were 'well hidden'. The old town of Naples was 'buzzing' + there were lots of Italians milling around enjoying a drink, chatting and waiting for Pizzeria's to have space for them. A very pleasant contrast (completely different ambience) to the area around the Hotel Prati and Garibaldi station + somewhere we would return to in the future...unlike the Hotel Prati. We returned at midnight + requested our passports which night shift could not provide (which is perhaps a good thing for security reasons) - we were told we could retrieve them in the morning. We did not have a great night's sleep, the bed wasn't comfortable but I would say the room was clean enough. The noise outside was as expected considering the location. Their towels are more like tea towels but we had our own, so this didn't effect us. There was no hot water, so not ideal for anyone staying more than 1nt! The hotel is very old and neglected + the corridors and lift were not clean but this didn't effect us as it was just a bed for the night before an early flight back to the UK. We didn't bother with breakfast and retrieved our passports prior to leaving. All in all it was an experience we can laugh about but one we'd rather not repeat. Reading other reviews, we were very lucky - no mould in our bathroom but there was one socket hanging off the wall. The hotel desperately needs a lot of attention and there are many others that come more highly recommended - so do plenty of research before booking a room in Naples. We got off lightly...

Room Tip: Only saw one room so cannot comment
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SueM1964
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was really disgusted at the showers. Moldy and stinking! Couldn't even take a shower cos i was so disgusted! Definitely not what booking.com shows in their pictures. I'm not kidding - I literally closed my eyes and put a tissue over my nose each time I went to use the toilet because the bathroom was so disgusting and stinky. Also the breakfast is just dry bread and terrible packaged pastries that looks like croissants but don't taste like croissants. I would never ever stay there again and don't advise anyone to stay there! what a dump!!

Room Tip: Please don't stay here if you like cleanliness! Disgusting and stinky bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My tiny , dingy room was a disgrace. Wallpaper hanging off , sockets hanging out of the wall , cracked toilet and basin and nothing - not even cold water - coming out of the hot taps , so no shower or a decent wash for me..
The receptionist just shrugged and did nothing. Breakfast was stale bread and packets of butter and jam - nothing more.

This is a disgrace of a hotel in a bad area of the filthiest slum of a city it's ever been my misfortune to visit.

Room Tip: Never go to Naples for any reason whatsoever.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank drdavesongs
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at hotel Prati for two nights with two of my friends, and even though our expectations weren't high to begin with considering the cheap price, the hotel somehow managed to be even worse than we had expected.
We knew that the area the hotel is located in is very dodgy, but I would like to warn everybody that it really is just as bad as it sounds! There are prostitutes and drunks hanging near the hotel, and there was drug dealing going on just below our room's balcony.
However, the dodgy area is not the main reason why you should avoid this hotel. Me and my friends all paid around 40 euros per night for our room, and let me tell ya, if I knew what the room would be like I wouldn't have stayed there even for free. Our bathroom was disgusting. The shower was leaking and moldy, and the shower curtain was just a small piece of an old shower curtain cut in many smaller pieces. We couldn't even go to the shower without our flip flops in, because the floor was so dirty. Our "towels" were pieces of old linen, not towels at all. The minibar in our room didn't even open and one of us had to sleep in a 60 degree angle in a bed that was broken in the middle. The best part of this horror story is that we all got sick from the mold in our room.
The breakfast the hotel offers is a joke and I won't even waste my words on that one.
The wifi works in the lobby area, sometimes. When I asked the receptionist why it doesn't work, the guy said the problem must be in my phone. Somehow, all the other wifis I had used that day worked just fine.
We had to check out early (3am) because we had to catch an early flight to Milan. When we got to the first floor in the morning, we realized the reception doors were locked even though there was supposed to be 24/7 reception, and even though they knew we were leaving early. We banged on the door for a while and tried to find the receptionist from the hotel, but we saw no one there. Eventually we managed to get out of the hellhole by escaping through a different door that led to an alley behind the hotel (where the garbage bins and stuff were) and going through a gate that led us to a bigger street. Having to do that in order to get out didn't seem quite right though.
The point of this story is: DO NOT GO TO HOTEL PRATI. You can find a better, still cheap hotel in Naples. This place should be shut down, and like someone said in another review, I wish Vesuvius would erupt and cover hotel Prati in dust forever.

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Juuliam
Reviewed 31 August 2013

It felt borderline dangerous walking around the surrounding area at night. The hotel beds were horrible, felt like I was going to fall through right onto the floor. The shower curtain was falling off the wall so water got out of the shower all over the bathroom floor. I only paid 45 euro for one night in this hotel, but even with that considered it was very bad. Wifi only in the lobby area, they make you pay 3 euro for it otherwise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family