“Nice staff”

Ranked #80 of 190 Hotels in Naples
Hamburg, Germany
“Nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Next to the station I found this nice and clean Hotel with a very nice and friendly staff. The breakfast and also the price was very Ok. Keep really attention when you enter a bus: k e e p hand(s) i n s i d e the pocket(s) where you have your money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I have stayed at the Zara twice and both times was impressed by the friendliness of the staff. The first time we were there we didn't have the money for the lift and the boys came down and carried our suitcases for us. Though the surrounding area is not very clean the hotel itself seemed to have a high standard of cleanliness with good facilities and good breakfast. The added bonus is that it is close to the station and the attractions of this fantastic city. I will certainly stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Close to train station and city main attractions, quite safe access, on 2nd floor above main street noise. Helpful friendly staff, good basic rooms, clean, decent breakfast for the price, fresh bread and sweet pastries typical of Italian bakery, good coffee, good Wi-Fi. and computer accesses. After our three nights at hotel we was traveling to the Pompeii and Capri for three days, was able to live our main luggage at the hotel (will be quite chunk of money to spend at luggage deposit at the train station). Recommended

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BorisKC
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I can´t understand how TripAdvisor gave a "very good" rate to this hotel!! People, you have to be more honest about the hotel´s conditions.
When we get at the room, there were towels and cleaning issues getting dry at the balcony (maybe that´s how they seem to wash them!!!), there were some left over of construction material and if it was not enought, there were a blue plastic material covering the horrible view of the back. Inside, the towels seemed very old, and we didn´t know about the higienic conditions of it.
Although we had to pay the first day, we couldn´t stay in this awful hotel. Not recommended. In Naples, be careful! We looked for several hotels, and there were many in bad conditions.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flavia P

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

Close to main station, safe access, on 2nd floor so it's above main street noise, it has a lift for 5c, helpful friendly staff, good basic rooms, clean, decent breakfast for the price, fresh bread, huge pot of nutella, sweet pastries typical of Italian band b's, good coffee, hot milk, good wifi. Recommended

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Wonder_horse62
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I was looking to say somewhere close to the station as I was returning late at night from Matera. Hotel Zara is in the backstreets and like many places in the world, the backstreets around the station are not safe. I speak Italian and had the bus driver walk me here after returning from Matera. It was a tradeoff between walking alone (which as a female you cannot do) or trusting the bus driver, whom I had spoken to during the trip and seemed okay.

When I arrived I as given a small room without a bathroom. Given that I had booked a room with an ensuite, the staff member moved me to a large dorm room (which I didn't have to share). The bathroom was very old with wires coming out of the wall. Breakfast was nothing more than okay, although the staff memeber did order a pizza for me the night before. The sheets had cigarette holes in them. Thankfully, the wireless worked well.

Given the poor reviews of other places in a similar price range, this place is just ok for 1 night, but I wouldn't stay longer. It was worth staying near the station as it meant I could leave early the next day, but in all other cities, I would expect more for the price of a single room.

Solo female travellers; don't stay here if you are arriving at night without someone to accompany you. It s fine during the day, but I wouldn't trust this area during the dark.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window, as the hotel is located on the top floor of an apartment building; If...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SophieRad
hotelzara, Proprietario at Hotel Zara, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
I'm sorry but I do not think that is reported to us.
We are not in a dark alley. but on a side street via firenze 81.
None of our bathrooms or bedrooms, has wires hanging.
We do not have dorm rooms.
For laundry use a company that provides a daily basis, and I dont have sheets with holes in them.
greetings Mariano
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Simply a good deal for less than 40 euro. Very clean rooms and bathrooms, amazingly quiet after midnight, fine family style staff. Skip the nonsense in earlier reviews on being a bad, dangerous neighborhood and so, there is a lot of biased copycatting on Naples of paranoia first time travellers - mostly white Americans it seems. It aint Rome but surely worth a visit, cosy downtown streets, good base for Pompeii and some Islands, and if you do so and look for accommodation in this price range Zara will serve you well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank MMA1111