“4star hotel? what a joke!”
Review of Serius

Serius
Ranked #76 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Unless you are a Napoli team fan (since the hotel is closely located to the Napoli footbal stadium) and you have a choice, stay away from this hotel. Apart from the fact that its location is rather far from the major Napoli attractions, the hotel itslef is terrible. Poor breakfast (no ham or home made marmelades, old bread etc), the rooms have aboslutely no view (unless you consider view the garbage can of the house opposite the hotel), poor neighbourhood and by far the worst matress I've ever slept upon. And the hotel staff, even though they try to be friendly, they are rather ignorant. A friend of ours had a problem with the safe box and they told her they would fix it in two days! when the technician would be available. After they started screaming ithat they would have left by then, it was only then they found the "master key" to open it!. All in all this is a very poor 3-star hotel and I wonder who rated it as a 4-star one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dimarousi

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. We arrived late due to a cancelled flight only to find that neither room had air conditioner that worked! The looks of the place is nice, but I would never stay here again. What really topped it all is when I realized that half of my wardrobe had been stolen (nice dresses, costume jewelry, and a pair of shoes). It had to be the maid because she saw us leave the room for the day and knew we had a 6am taxi to catch. Once I realized, (about 1 am), I went down front and all of a sudden no one spoke English! They would never talk about the situation and still keep avoiding it a month later! STAY AWAY!!!

Kristen Cooper
--from NC

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristen C
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice hotel recently renewed. Furniture is not completely new, for example i had a broken tv (but i do not need it). Wireless is free and fast.

Breakfast is continental, but average. However i had the feeling that is the best hotel in fuorigrotta.

The hotel has a small bar serving drinks overnight.

There is a restaurant/pizzeria next to the othel and a good pasticceria (valentino) and pizzeria (di napoli) 200 meters from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FabrizioP82
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I visited Naples about 18 months since my earlier visit and was surprised to see the overall activity in the city. Seems the economic downturn has hit the city quite badly and there was a visible difference from earlier.

Not for this hotel though - I took a cab from the airport to the hotel and was charged 7 euros more than the meter. I went to the hotel and the receptionist gave me a number I should call in future to avoid paying higher cab fares, as the cost of the cab from the airport to this hotel is 26 Euros.

I had come to stay for 4 days taking a day off for myself to make a third attempt to see Mt. Vesuvius, but this time too was denied by the weather. The receptionist was very helpful in suggestung alternate places for me.

Being close to the Leopardi station, I had to just walk down from the hotel to take a train to the National Museum.

Coming to the hotel, I got a very comfortable room with a slightly larger shower. Room had all the basic amenities. Staff in the hotel seems to be less but is efficient and enough to manage expectations of service.

It feels quite good sitting in the cozy lobby and watching a game or two over the evenings on TV

The location of this hotel is very good and all I had to do was go around part of the San Paolo Stadium on to via Marconi where my client is. I tasted some local pizza in the restaurant outside and it was nice. Like earlier, I took a walk to Carrefour, but it helps to note that the shop shuts by 2 PM on Sundays.

Unlike earlier, the hotel does levy a charge for Naples development, but is transparent about it.

Will stay here again if the opportunity to travel to Naples comes along.

Room Tip: Better to ask for rooms specifically with larger showers
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The room was great (very big for a double room) and comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The only downside was the shower was small (However, this seems to be an Italian thing I think...). The staff were great, very helpful. However, I do feel the breakfast could be better (no eggs or sausages). Location was superb, bus stop right in front of the hotel and metro is a quick walk away.

I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and room was really big. Not sure if the rest of the hotel is the same bu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

From what I saw on the photo at first I thought staying in this hotel would be a compromise, but we chose it for our short 2-night stay because it offered free wifi internet everywhere in the hotel and breakfast (although continental only). However it proved to be much better than we expected. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are good, TV, although not LCD, has a very rich selection of programs, breakfast is much more than one would expect (the only bad thing was coffee, which was instant instead of espresso). But the overall impression is highly positive and I would definitely stay in the same hotel again some time.

Public transport tip... The hotel is located about 100 m away from the metro station Augusto, 2 stops West from Mergellina by metro line 6 (from the central train station or the city center you get to Mergellina itself by metro line 2), or at least this is what the map would recommend you. However, because the metro is not too frequent in Naples, and line 6 itself is even somewhat unfinished, you'd better continue with line 2 for another stop in the Western direction after Mergellina instead of changing lines. The stop is called Piazza Leopardi and the hotel is less than 200 m to the North of it. A much more convenient way to get to and from the hotel, which we discovered on the second day.

Room Tip: The hotel entrance is from the boulevard, which is noisy, but actually no rooms overlook the busy ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Serius during my third visit to Naples, based on recommendations of a friend and reviews of people here. I wanted to stay close to the place of my meetings, and booked my stay via the internet for 4 days for a single person.

The hotel is a little far away from the airport, and is not easily visible from the main road. But it is a property that is well taken care of. One can take a stroll down via Augusto to the San Paolo Stadium in the evenings.

The hotel has all the basic facilities - clean rooms, a good restaurant, a minibar, etc. No swimming pool, no gym, etc. I asked for a room with a good view and so was given so. One needs to press a switch for the window cover to roll up, which was a little new for me.

The staff is courteous and helpful, and this help especially when I needed guidance to tour the city on my day off.

The nearest railway station is about 5 min, and there some tratoria, caffes etc on the road for an outdoor meal. Carrefour is just about 5 min behind the hotel, for any specific purchase.

The internet wifi is free but works only in the lobby, so one has to come to the lobby and access the net.

I was a little disappointed with the bathroom. It is so small that one can hardly turn around in the space provided. I am talking about a person with 36 inch waist! Definitely some designing issue as there is ample space in the room and the toilet. Not sure whether this is only for a room for single occupent, or all the rooms. This just needs to be clarified at the time of booking.

A nice stay, overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window in the open so that it can be breezy. And definitely check out the bath...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business