“You get what you pay for”
Review of Hotel Casanova

Hotel Casanova
Ranked #100 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We found the hotel with little difficulty. It's fairly close to the train station but there are other hotels closer which are the same price and I didn't particularly like walking through the neighbourhood but hey, that's Naples.
The staff when we arrived were all very friendly and spoke no English (which is never something I mind, when they don't mind that I can't speak Italian either!) The room wasn't very big but was adequate for the price and all we wanted was to sleep there anyway.
The hotel can't be blamed for the neighbourhood, which is why I've given them 4 stars but be VERY careful with your bags in ANY area near the train station. People literally tip their bins out onto the street, it's not very nice. And several dodgy characters are always loitering around eyeing you up and down.
Room was clean, as was the bathroom and there was no breakfast to comment on. All in all, you get what you pay for and if you want to stay somewhere nicer, in a better neighbourhood then you can't expect to do it for £30.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlamRockSocks

Reviewed 25 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I really don't know about who wrote such good reviews about Casanova.
Hotel is very old, front desk attendant didn't speak any foreign language and the neighborhood... oh, the neighborhood. The entrance is in an alley and we had to cross some non-good looking residents, probably illegal immigrants (so scaring). The backyard is in a shopping gallery, which was supposed to be the entrance, since it's less scaring.
Dirty, dirty, dirty... that's were the hotel is located. Unless you want to see this part of Naples as a cultural and touristic attraction, all garbage should be properly dispensed.
I really don't encourage anyone who is interest in a safe trip to stay there, although the hotel itself seems to be OK. As we asked for a twin bed and they didn't pay attention to this detail (probably because they don't speak English) and all above mentioned details, we decided to pay the no-show and go to another hotel near to the port. Clever decision!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank carlosmarui
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was not ready but I was offered coffee and internet whilst I waited 15 minutes. Bed furnishings smelled of old cigarette smoke even though the linen was fresh. Everything else felt clean. Location is near the central train station. A very grim area to walk around, particularly after dark but also close to part of the Centro Storico.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Staying here enabled me to save money so that I could eat at more expensive restaurants and buy nicer souvenirs to bring back for friends. The attendant, Guiseppe speaks very good English and is always helpful and charming. If you're like me, you don't travel to a foreign country to lounge around in your room all day. This place is not that type of hotel. The neighborhood is not the prettiest, but I never felt unsafe while walking around at night. While Hotel Casanova is bare bones and far from fancy, it has all the essential elements covered. It's clean, it's safe, it's centrally located, and it's very inexpensive. The rooms are cleaned, and the beds are changed every day. Fresh towels and soap are provided daily. When you go out during the day, you know your belongings are safe. There is also WiFi, and air conditioning. The hotel is within walking distance to the central station - which you will need to see other parts of Naples and the Amalfi Coast. I am a repeat visitor to this hotel. And until I can spend my money thoughtlessly, I will return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Star_D10451
Reviewed 19 December 2011

It is one of the greatest pleasures of my life to review my staying at Casanova Hotel between end of November and beginning of December 2011. The services offered to me by the personnel of the hotel was ideed very good.. If somebody would really want to "Vedi Napoli et puoi mori" I would really recommend this hotel and the people which work here because they are really professionals and they made me feel as part of their family during my staying in their hotel and their gorgeous city. Their prompt advice, explanations about the historical objectives were offered to me immeadiatelly, which shows their excellent skills in the tourism industry. I warmly recommend this hotel and the people which are working here and I want to thank them again for making my staying in Napoly such an unforgettable experience. I will come back next year and I will stay at the same hotel, like I did this year. Thank you again.
With the best wishes,
Corneliu Albu

Room Tip: It seemed to me that the rooms are very good in this hotel, they are spacious, clean and very comfor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Corneliu A
Reviewed 19 October 2011

You get what you pay for and we used it solely for one night due to a late arriving flight and early morning departure for the train in the morning. For a 1 night stop-over for those on a budget is the only way I can reccomend staying here. The hotel was clean but very basic, two single beds pushed together. I can't knock the hotel for it's price but if you want to spend more than 1 night in Naples ensure you stay near the port where all the decent shops and restaurants are - apart from the station there is nothing around here except tons of litter on the street including a smattering of dead pigeons !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple