Hotel De la Ville
US$223
US$221
US$185
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Europa(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$90
US$163
US$136
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Let's start by saying that the price paid (taking advantage of an offer) doesn't allow to be very demanding: € 117 for three nights in a double room (plus € 9 city tax). Yet the hotel, even without looking at the price, has some major strenghts.
The location is certainly in a seedy alley (however, absolutely don't miss the bakery immediately left the hotel entrance!), but it's in fact in "Piazza Garibaldi", so allowing easy access to the Central Station, the Circumvesuviana station, the metro lines 2 and (since January 2014) 1; the tramway line 1 for the Ferry station. In short, it's ideal for those who want to visit not only a fascinating (although problematic) city as Naples is; but also their wonderful surroundings.
The rooms are clean, the service is attentive: the used towels were changed every day. In our room there wasn't a light on the table, but at our request one was provided.
Two major flaws: the breakfast (included) is poor; the walls of the rooms do hear the sounds of the nearby rooms, so you have to hope that your neighbors are quiet.
Finally, people with mobility problems must be aware: there is no elevator, and the floors are three.
However, overall, I must recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brun066
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I'm from Naples, I've stayed at this hotel for only two nights. At the beginning my expectations were very low, since the low reputation of some hotel in Naples, but I was suprised by the professionalism of this hotel's staff. They had a problem with air conditioned while we were not in the room and they packed everything with an extreme precision and transferred everything in another room that was even better than the previous one.

PROS: Nice rooms, cleaningness ok , very central position (less than 50m from the raiway station).
CONS: No elevator. could have a richer breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Take a room higher than first floor. They look better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The hotel is placed in a centre of Naples-3 minutes from main train station. It is easy to get by foot there. The price was fantastic-60 euro for a room for the couple for 2 nights in July!!
Room was nice and celan (with an interesting paintings on the wall:) Clean and spacious bathroom. The receptionist was very helpful (my girlfriend forgot ID-she has only ISIC card:) spoke English well. Breafast tasty in a small and nice restaurant. I can definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: The views from windows (from most rooms) are generally not so interesting-on the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aarongeru
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Forget about what you think about the city of Naples, this is a nice hotel. Two people for three nights 150 euro total--a steal! Lovely hotel lobby. Nice room. Clean. Free wifi (only on first floor--but it's fine). Breakfast. Great location close to the train station. The neighborhood around the hotel is definitely working class, fast, a little rough, and dirtier than some other places. But so what? Keep your whits about you and don't be stupid. The young man at the front desk speaks English better than I speak Italian--enough said!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Montaine2
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel because of the cost and after reading reviews because of its location.

I've stayed in hotels and hostels all over the world and I have to say this is one of the worst.

The guy who checked us in could not speak a word of English, most of the reviews had said the staff spoke fairly good English and were helpful with the area. After he checked us in we went down to ask where the nearest shop was as we wanted a drink. He couldn't understand a word so we just went out and hunted down a shop for ourselves. Naples as a city was the biggest disappointment. We thought we were perhaps just staying in a dodgy area but no, the whole of Naples is rough, dodgy and dirty. People constantly trying to sell stolen iPhones and iPads, people begging for money, graffiti over EVERY building. The streets were dirty and smelly. We only went to Naples as we were climbing vesuvius for charity. I can honestly say I'd never go back.

Going back to the hotel....well we had booked a twin room, when we entered the room there was a single bed pushed up against the wall and then 2 singles pushed together to look like a double. The beds were not comfortable at all.

The bathroom was tiny. You could not move in the shower. I could barely wash myself as I just couldn't move. There were cobwebs in the bathroom and the light above the mirror was cracked. The TV was the size of an iPad. The air conditioning did not work at all, it wouldn't even turn on. The view was the back of some old building and a load of smashed up cars.

We opened the fridge and the smell was revolting, if smelt like something had died in there. There was a tiny cup in there with some yellow liquid in. We didnt touch it, just closed the fridge and kept it closed. Also the socket next to the bed was hanging off of the wall and had no power coming through it. The room itself was very small!

The first night was horrendous, there were people shouting in the corridors and slamming doors until 2am, then when it finally did quiten down I could hear the person in the next room snoring. The walls are paper thin.

The breakfast was ok, we didnt bother with it the second morning but it was basically cornflakes, the smallest pieces of toast I've ever seen and croissants.

I would never go to Naples again and certainly would never stay in this hotel.

The only plus point was that we could leave our bag there free of charge on the day we checked out.

• Stayed: May 2013