“Alberto is excellent”

US$81.00*
Naples Above and Underground Archaeology Walking Tour
Ranked #70 of 185 Tours in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Vibrant, energetic, and often chaotic, Naples can be challenging for the visitor. It is for this reason that most of the scholars in our network here are native-born Neapolitans, experts who can not only discuss at length the city’s history and cultural patrimony but also know its spirit, rhythm, and how to navigate its hurdles.
london
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Alberto is excellent”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Fantastic trip around Naples. Alberto really made my stay in Naples. Without this tour I would have left Naples disappointed but this tour transformed everything. Made me want to stay longer in Naples.

Visited April 2013

United Arab Emirates
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic food tour & pizza making workshop”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We arrived in Naples the day before our tour &, to be honest, weren't overly impressed. Our guide Alberto totally transformed our view of the city, its people & surroundings.

Our afternoon kicked off with a walking tour around the historic centre of Naples, with Alberto explaining some of the city's fascinating history & culture. We visited a food market & then proceeded to eat our way around Naples for a couple of hours! We really enjoyed learning more about the local produce & cuisine (& more importantly, sampling it!). Top tip: skip lunch before you do this tour.

The actual pizza making part of the tour was lots of fun. We visited a local pizzeria & learnt the art of pizza making, before giving it a go ourselves. While our pizza didn't look as good as Paolo's (the professional pizzaiolo), it tasted delicious.

The tour was about 4 hours long & covers so much more than 'just' pizza. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank strawberryfields
Chicago Journalist
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Naples with a Know-It-All: Fantastic!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I wish I could take Context Travel tours in every city I've ever been to: sadly only juts discovered them but they've hit it out of the ballpark (nearly) every time, and Naples was no exception. Three of us (myself and two teen-aged boys) took La Vita Napoletana walk with Maria - an extremely knowledgeable and smart art-historian who was also (like most Context guides) able to be flexible and accommodate our interests. Naples is a fascinating and storied city that many overlook entirely, heading out to Pompeii and getting outta Dodge immediately - what a waste! The range of architecture (early Greek settlements to Baroque to Fascist style to contemporary) is unique, and Maria knew it all - plus some off-the-beaten-path churches that completely thrilled my companions. My only regret is that we didn't have an extra day to see more - next time! We'll be back....

Visited May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pompeii Tour”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We traveled from Rome to Naples for the day to visit Pompeii. It was well worth the cost! Our docent was Roberta. She is extremely knowledgeable, engaging and fun. My two children (age 8 and 10) were captivated by her presentation. She did not lecture us but rather repeatedly asked us to look around and use our imagination and wonder to "see the ancient city." Her style was highly effective and we all learned so much about how Pompeii developed, its daily life and the process of discovering and uncovering the City. It was a full day but well worth the trip. We also took some time at the Naples museum, but I would have rather spent more time in Pompeii. Naples is neither an attractive nor interesting city. The Context organizers in NYC were extremely helpful and put this trip together for us with less than a weeks notice. The logistics of getting my family down to Naples and Pompeii from Rome was made easy for us and certainly helped to make for an incredible day.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jeffrey R
Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Context Tours”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We took the Half Day Tour of Pompeii through Context Tours. A fantastic time with a extremely knowledgeable guide. She answered our questions and pointed out details we would have missed were we on our own. I would take this tour again.
Kathy