Grand Hotel Oriente
US$223
US$221
US$185
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Europa(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$86
US$163
US$159
1,158 results
All reviewstoledo metro stationrooftop barvia toledotop flooraperol spritzwhere breakfast is servedwalking distance to the porthotel is in a great locationlarge balconymodern roomsexcellent roompastriesvisit naplesfront desk staffgreat showerthe air conditioningspanish quarter
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed for six nights as part of a work trip w some leisure.
The say at the hotel was adequate. The location is good and the neighbourhood is fine. Close to the Spanish quarter and not far from central areas in the city.

The major problem was that i had to change rooms twice (a record?) before getting a reasonable one. The first room had a decent size for a solo person, but the blinds did not go down all the way and there was a continuous dripping on the carpet from the air-conditioning unit. Having asked to change rooms, i was met with some reluctance, but at the end, i was moved. Alas, the room i was offered was considerably smaller and lacked the features i had promised in the reservation confirmation. the third room was better. Not brilliant, but adequate.
Breakfast, esp. for South Italy, was disappointing.

Overall,given the price paid in that season it was a good value, so i have no regrets.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacob E
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Gianni, front desk staff person, rescued my family in the midst of a disaster. When we attempted to enter apartment we had rented in Naples, it turned out to be in the middle of a renovation project. Five of us were left on the street with no knowledge of where to go. A taxi took us to the Oriente where Gianni welcomed us, gave us the rooms we needed at a fabulous price, and helped plan our time in his city. The location was perfect for site seeing, shopping, pizza, and my favorite coffee bar in the city. The property was more than adequate with comfortable beds, clean rooms, nice bar, and great breakfast. Best of all, I felt safe. We will return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We wanted something close to the center of Napoli with air conditioning, Wi-Fi and a breakfast.. The rooms are actually a little larger than many European hotels. The location is safe, near a police station, and convenient to via Toledo where a new Metro station will open shortly. Unfortunately it's under construction and oiur 2nd floor room was right in the noise zone. Breakfast was OK . The house keeping staff does a nice job and the rooms are clean. Our disapoinment was with the airconditioning. The controls in the room don't work! Apparently the front desk has a central control via computor. About 10PM our 1st night the front desk "fixed" the problem (it must have been ~82 degrees in the room). However we awaken at 2AM sweating - even without a sheet. The next day we told the same desk person the room was too hot and went out for a full day in Pompeii. Althougjh we were told it would be fixed, the window was open- which means the air conditioning will not work- and it was still too hot. The bellman came up turned on the fan and said it's just fine! However, we instisted on a move- which was to the last open room. Fortujnately the air conditioning worked fine the new room, however it was smaller and we had twin beds instead of a king. The next morning I did have occasion do go back oin the old room, where the fan was on high, but the temperature was easily in the mid 80's. A broken airconditioner I can understand, disbelief or disregard for a customer I can not!

Room Tip: We asked when we checked in, "does the aircondtioning work" - and were assured it did, so be certain the temperature is approprite before trying to sleep
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel the night of Tuesday 22/05. I am happy that booking through a website I did not pay the rate that was on the hotel website. The hotel is meant to be a 4 stars. Upon arrival even if two or three people were at the reception you are left waiting to check in by a person that in my opinion wasn't that friendly. I don't expect someone to be friendly but neither bordering the grumpy attitude like this guy... Although I booked a double room with a double bed for single use I got a double room with two single beds. I didn't bother to try to change it as I was there for business for one night only. The air con was a bit noisy. The bathroom was outdated. Good thing is that it has free WI-FI, parking is advertised as part of the hotel facilities but you pay separate ( € 18 for 24 hours). Breakfast was ok and staff at the breakfast bar was friendly. Next time in Naples however I won't be coming back as there is plenty of choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Giuseppe B, Manager at Grand Hotel Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

First of all we would like to thank you for this review.
We apologize if you did not receive a warm welcome at the reception.

We hope to make you change your mind next time you come to Naples.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

i like this hotel. I didn't expect much and they surprised me. Great breakfast cakes too and perfect central location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James O

Thank you very much for you good review , we hope to welcome you next time you will come to Naples.