“Stay away from this place!!!!”
Review of Hotel Tourist

Hotel Tourist
Ranked #160 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Phoenix, Arizona
“Stay away from this place!!!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The hotel has bad service, the breakfast was pool, and it is a charge of € 1.50 per bag, if you want to leave it for a couples hours, it is clean but noisy ( it's a restaurant with musicians that play into late at nite).
I went for freakfast and by accident I left my wallet in the room, later , I went to check out and I noticed that the money was missing , I confronted the staff, ironically they started to arguing between themserf and my little italian that I know I understood that manager was accusing one of the staff of stealing it. They gave me the money back after I treating them of calling police.I will go back to Naples (it is a lovely city) but I will stay away from Tourist hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carmen A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
East Northport, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2013

THIS HOTEL IS BAD, SERVICE IS BAD AND MANGER IS BAD ALSO... JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.. REASON IS THAT THE MANAGER IS VERY VERY RUDE ABOUT EVERYTHING!! He came in to my room and knock on my door at 11:00 pm after i complaint to him about the service and he wanted to talked to me about it.. and the reason is because the room ket did not work? I stayed there for a month because of work and spent over $2,660 there plus tax and he still was being a dick about it. I was very angry and will not return again. I a, very disappointing at was a very long month of stay. Everything I needed, he was not working with me. He is very rude period. Plus is this a tourist hotel so expect to see a lot of people in the morning and very loud at night and elevator is always crowed with people.. so you will be waiting for a long time . This place is old and 2nd floor is the only floor that is renovated.. 3rd FL and up is old and needs to be updated.. breakfast is terrible and everything sucks period.. DON'T COME HERE

Room Tip: THIS HOTEL IS BAD, SERVICE IS BAD AND MANGER IS BAD ALSO... JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.. REASON...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mwan227

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Hotel basic but clean. Breakfast - not 3***; give it a miss! Staff pleasant and helpful except when a watch went missing from my son's case whilst it was locked in his room. Ironically, staff advised us to remove jewelry when walking around in the local area! Locals very helpful warm and friendly. Surrounding restaurants cheap with good quality food. 5 minute walk from central station and Piazza Garibaldi. Situated in a rougher area of the city, lots of litter and homelessness around central station. Well located for airport bus and trains to Pompeii, Herculaneum and ferries to Capri.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Monica M
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is a Budget hotel at a pretty decent price in Napoli.

It is not great, not bad either.

PROS:
*It is clean
*Owner is sympathetic
*Breakfast is ok (for a budget hotel)

CONS :
*Beds are very bad
*it is very noisy (both from within and outside the hotel)
*The location is a little out of the best place (downtown), but not dangerous

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pierre2323
philadelphia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We had a good nights sleep, serenaded by street musicians ,the staff was friendly the Hotel clean and good food down the street...plus we saw the side of Naples that is real Loved the time there!

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the street, a special treat at night
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ajojo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2007

I was supposed to stay in this hotel two nights, but when I look at the breakfast i changed immediately idea.

Breakfast was not at a 3 star hotel level at all. it consisted in one cup of coffee (or cappuccino) and an empty croissant, two kind of juices( which were in a horrible plastic container), cereals.

If you stay in this hotel try to avoid the 113 room: small size, no balcony and the only window gave to the breakfast area (internal), so you can imagine at what time you wake because of noises of other people. However, bathroom was ok, good size and very clean (as the rest of the room).
But the door and the wall were very thin and you could listen other people walking and speaking.

The hotel position is very good only if you need to stay near the train station or the circumevesuviana (the train directed to other places). however, if you want something better for the same price (60€ for a single room), i 'm sure there are better hotel around. i tried also hotel Cavour and it was much better than this one.

• Liked — cleanliness, flexibility
  • Disliked — room, breakfast, services
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Raffaele F
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 June 2006

We loved Napoli and we loved the Hotel Tourist! A lot of people warned us about Napoli saying it was dirty and crime-ridden, but we did not feel unsafe (except maybe crossing the street - the traffic here is insane, Rome is extremely tame in comparison) at any time and the city is really cool - very local (due to the bad rep I guess).

This was our first stop in Italy and we were there for only one night. I was expecting a small room since it was Europe, so at first I thought the room was OK, but having gone other places in Italy this ended up being the smallest room we stayed in (but it was the least expensive). The rooms were extremely clean, the bathroom had a fan and the towels were decent and plentiful. We had a balocony which was a very nice touch. The balcony looked over a street that was quite busy during the day; however, at night it was not loud at all - the doors are tight and really keep the sound out. The location is ideal as well - very close to the train station and walking to the water is very easy. The Market is really neat and close as well. And the best part of Hotel Tourist was the breakfast - meats and cheeses on good rolls and croissants, but the real star here was the coffee - best hotel coffee ever, seriously Luigi (pronouned lou-ay-jay though I believe) serves up a damn good cup of joe!

We hope to go back to Napoli some day (for the pizza alone!), and if we do we would stay at the Hotel Tourist!

• Stayed May 2006