“A great budget hotel perfectly situated for exploring the area around Naples”
Review of Guiren

Guiren
Ranked #145 of 186 Hotels in Naples
London, United Kingdom
“A great budget hotel perfectly situated for exploring the area around Naples”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were not expecting a great deal from this hotel, partly because of the price and partly because of some of the negative reviews on this site. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The hotel is small but they try really hard. The breakfast choice is limited but the food is fresh and of good quality. The coffee was the best I have ever had in any hotel!

The location was perfect for us; so close to the station for getting out to Pompei and Versuvius, with a small supermarket around the corner for buying picnic lunches and an unpretentious family-run restaurant just on the next street for when we did not want to walk into the old town for supper. Yes, there was street noise but what do you expect when you are right in the middle of a busy city? The area is also quite run down and there is rubbish on the street, but everyone was pleasant and the African population in particular were helpful and spoke good English.

If you are comfortable in big multi-cultural cities, this is a great place to stay. Excellent value and perfectly placed for exploring the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Oglandia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I was in Guiren Hotel via by my Turkish Travel Agency PRONTO TOUR within the days of 29th March till to 1 st April 2013. Very bad location of Naples. Very dirty rooms. I stayed with the dirt of before me. No elavator. The breakfast may take only 1 star from me. I advice no one to stay in Guiren Hotel. Says that 3 star hotel dont believe and BEWARE OF......
HULYA DAGLI-ISTANBUL/TURKEY

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank hulyadagli

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

piemonte
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Next to central station and piazza Garibaldi, the hotel is clean, rom are confortable, bathroom large. Poor breakfast, but cheap. staff kind and helpful. Recommended to visit Naples. I don't agree: not dangerous area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marycri
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed at Guiren hotel from 29th of September till 3rd of October 2012.
We had booked Hotel de Ville for this period but because there had problems we electricity at the time, they accommodated us to Guiren, a hotel that is part of the same chain.
The hotel was located near the Stazione Centrale, an dubious area but in spite of this appearance nobody bothered us, not even late at night.
Staff here was very polite and friendly. Our room, 128, was OK: clean, with a decent bath and furniture. However, the bad squeaked terribly, to the point that we woke up during the night because of the sound. The lightening was very poor, not to bright. At first, we had problems in making the TV work on other channels than RAI 1 and anyway, there were only Italian channels (no Euronews for instance). We also needed support to make the air conditioning work as there was not an appropriate remote control and we had to turn it on/off manually by climbing the bed.
The breakfast was served as buffet and only the drink and one delicious croissant was brought by the waiter. We could choose from a rather poor variety of items: boiled eggs, one type of cheese and cold meat, yoghourt, 2 types of cereals, juice, honey, jam, butter, fresh fruits, pie and 2 or 3 types of bread.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cornelp
Poole
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My trip to Naples was not the best trip I have ever had. The hotel in itself is very basic which is fine if you just need some where to rest while you explore. The hotel does not provide tourist information and as most of the people in naples the staff could be a bit rude. The breakfast was basic but love the lemon croissants. However I would advise anyone not to stay in naples, its a horrible city especially in the area the hotel is situated. It is full of African street sellers day and night, I saw drug dealing, prositutes, beggers and alot of other things that are very intimidating. If you want to go to this area then stay outside of the city centre or go to sorrento. I felt safer in Bangkok than I did here, Naples is not tourist friendly.

Room Tip: Do not go to Naples, stay in one of the nicer areas such as Sorrento
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kirsten W
Chester, UK
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel because there were 3 of us & didn't want to book two rooms, we also wanted somewhere near the station. This hotel fills both those criteria & is relatively cheap. I looked a the photos provided by the hotel & thought I was on to a winner.

Alas! First thing is the area around the station & hotel is not particularly safe, definitely recommend having a secure zipped bag & I was told not to wear my watch. Our room was on the 2nd floor & there was no lift. Although some of the front desk staff were very helpful (identifying things we should see in Naples & how best to get around), others werent. Certainly the man I mentioned our lack of hot water to was distinctly unconcerned & did nothing about it, the gentleman who had shown us the map was more helpful, but it was still NOT HOT. The bathroom leaked & it was quite mouldy in the shower. The bedroom was basic (which was fine) but the fridge did not work, it looked like something had blown in the back as there was a big scorch mark on the wall. It looked NOTHING like the pictures they put on this site. FYI, the wifi only works in the first floor communal area.

On the plus side, the room was clean & breakfast was much better than I expected (given the shower situation), with fresh pastries, bread rolls & eggs. It was not as noisy as I anticipated given the location, although we did sleep with the window closed.

Next time I think I'll stay at the Starhotels Terminus though, sorry.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank vickipackham
London
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Travelling as mother and daughter I was rather worried by some reviews of the area - no need, the area is downmarket but I felt much safer than walking around London (obviously took usual precautions, moneybelt & secure bag, off the street by nightfall). The hotel itself is a little shabby but clean and comfortable and the breakfast quite adequate. Staff mostly spoke limited English but could not have been more helpful. TV did not work and was not fixed when requested but I wasn't really bothered and did not pursue it. Only complaint was that the traffic was very noisy until quite late - but then again it is in the heart of Naples!

Overall excellent value for money !

Room Tip: A room away from Via Firenza may be quieter