“I would rather avoid this one”
Review of Hotel Ideal

Hotel Ideal
Ranked #138 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The only advantage this place has is that it is very close to train station.
we reached a bit early around 11 am, so we requested if we could get a room earlier. they were reluctant to help. then they provided us a really cramped room on 2nd floor .even that was not ready, took nearly 40 -45 mins to get that ready. The room was really small but we thought its better to adjust as waiting for other room would take more time which we could use for seeing naples.
No body to help with luggage as they didn't had lift so me & my wife had to lift our luggage 2 floors over small stairs.

the rooms had A/C and they provided WIFI for free in a common room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rishabhnitc

Reviewed 20 June 2011

The hotel is near to Stazione Centrale and to Circumvesuviana station and it is easy to find it. From the hotel you can walk to Historic center (it is about 15-20 minutes). The room was clean, nice decorated, the stuff was friendly. The breakfast was a little poor, but the coffee was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank l_i_v_i_a_0_4
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed here for 8 hours only as we needed a room in Naples while we waited for an early morning flight. I now wished we had just gone and sat through the night at the airport. The reception was extremely shabby, no lift and the carpeted stairs were threadbare and filthy. There were bizarre orange, redand purple chiffon curtains all the way through the rabbit-warren type corridors which gave the hotel a totally sleazy and seedy feel. As I was staying here with 2 young children I was extremely uncomfortable and felt unsafe. I did not sleep all night. I covered the bed with towels as it was not clean enough for my children to lie down on, and I sat and flicked through Italian TV all night. I do not recommend this hotel at all, in fact I don't recommend visiting Naples at all if you can help it as the whole place is a building site/dumping ground.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank clairecopeland
Reviewed 26 May 2011

the hotel is ok, the position is very good, near the train station..so if you need the train, or bus, then it's perefct. The area is very dirty, so if you don't need the transport near you, then it's better to choose a hotel near the seaside..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We stayed in Naples as a gateway to Sorrento so wanted something cheap and easy and we got it! The Hotel Ideal is on the Piazza Garibaldi (a very unpleasant area but near the train station). It is extremely affordable, has a great little bar, free wifi and is next door to a small charming restaurant. (Down the street is an even better one!) We stayed at Una Notel Napoli which is on the other side of the square on the first night and the Hotel Ideal on the last. There is no comparison. This is a very convenient, quaint and affordable hotel if you are using Naples as an arrival/departure gateway and not looking for something plush or romantic. However, the noise was a bit much if you get a room overlooking the street so ask for something on the other side of the hotel and you'll be happy!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2011

At first everything seems ok about this hotel, great location to the train terminal, ok facilities, recently remodeled rooms, but once you begin to try and sleep, its a totally different story. Having a hotel bar on the same floor and right below the next level of rooms causes issues at night in a budget hotel. Younger travels (students who used the hotel most while I was there) tended to be very loud in the bar and in their rooms at night. Furthermore, the walls and doors are paper thin and the noise just travels everywhere. I had an early morning international flight the next day, so that night's rest was the only one I was going to get for the next 36 hours. I asked the front desk staff twice to ask the offending parities to quite down, and twice he gave them my room number. So not only did they not respect the hotel staff and quite down, but they made noises right outside of my room to further "snub their nose" at the authority of hotel staff. Eventually I ended up threatening to check out and not pay, only then did hotel staff reinforce its efforts to quite down the offending party. By this time is was 2am so i dont know if it was the final efforts of the hotel staff or the offending party just got tired and feel asleep, but i final slept from 2am to around 6am. It short, not a pleasant flight back home, nor a pleasant stay at the Hotel Ideal.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank proctor81
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We stayed here for two nights. Staff were so nice! Breakfast was not worth it so don't get it if isn't included. The noise from outside was loud, so not ideal if you want to sleep in. Shower was cold on day one, fine on day two. Roomy rooms and great proximity to train station for trips to Pompeii, etc.

• Stayed: February 2011