“ideal for stopover”

Ranked #146 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Durban, South Africa
“ideal for stopover”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. We used as stopover, whilst visiting Pompei, Amalfi Coast and Isle of Capri. Breakfast was very basic. Hotel was very centrally located, 3 min walk from Central Station. Staff was very friendly and helpful. room was small, but it served its purpose. Will use again if we would ever come to Naples again. Wi-fi was free, but not in rooms, but it did not bother me at all

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Goggatjie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here 3 nights and have no real issues for the price we paid. Our room was clean and comfortable, the staff on reception were very helpful, good location near the station and short walk to the historic centre and some great pizza, standard breakfast and a cheap well stocked bar. Only problem is that it is a little noisy due to its close proximity to the train station but nothing earplugs can't drown out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ninjakitten007
Bucharest
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel itself is for sleeping only, nothing more to claim. Very well situated as the shuttle has the end stop 100 meter far. Breakfast was good enough for the money you spend for. But during the end of March time hotel has only an hour a day (22:00) for heating. Need more blanket during the night.
Stuff is very polite and useful.
Cheap and good restaurants surrounding area but mostly pizza which I don't like so much (Naples is known as birth place of Pizza Marguerite). Be based on shaorma.
Naples is a city you must see it. Not as a city, despite the beautiful landscape views taken from the hill. But to make a trip to Pompei / Vesuvius.
And, mostly to visit Capri Isle. Nothing compare with this.
Town has a area called Historical Centre which is really very safe to walk it, with many old churches, well preserved for tourism purposes. But once you get out of the protected are you are not safe at all.
Naples residents are poor ones, dirty town.
But must see it once a life.

Room Tip: Chose a room at the floor of night bar to enjoy the free Wi-Fi in the room. All room are noisy as y...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights with a friend. Our room was very simple, but clean. We were able to sleep and shower comfortably. There was no air conditioning but leaving the window open helps. A simple breakfast is also served each morning.

The staff were very helpful. They provided us with a map of Naples and answered any Qs we had about getting around, sightseeing, etc. There is a storage room to hold luggage before checking in and after checking out.

Wifi is available in the hotel lobby or on the second floor (reading room/lounge). There is also a bar on the second floor.

In terms of location, the hotel is located right next to Girabaldi, which is the main station. This station also has transfers to other popular towns such as Pompei and Sorrento.

My friend and I were able to walk around Naples just fine and see the sights by foot, although it was very hot. The hotel is also located next to a few restaurants, fast food joints, and tabacco shops (handy for water and bus tickets). Very close to the mains street, Umberto (sp?), where all the shops are.

I would definitely return as it is good value for the price and very convenient for commuting to other cities via bus/train.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rosemarie D
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ok so I'm a budget traveller. I book hotels based solely on price and nothing else. My husband and I have always done it like this and have usually been pleasantly surprised but not this time. We booked this hotel for 10 nights as it was super cheap and the location next to the train station seemed great too as we wanted to use it as a base for exploring the city and getting connecting trains and Metro. I swear I slept for a maximum of 2 hours a night for the duration of our stay. Initially we were quite please when we saw we had one of the few rooms with a balcony/terrace. On the first night it because clear that this was a very very bad thing as we shared the terrace with the hotel bar which was next to our room. The walls are paper thin so we had to listen to the drunken revellers next door in the bar and also the drunken people right outside our room door on the terrace. The terrace looks out onto a shard inner courtyard and the building on the other side is not part of the hotel, but regular locals' apartments. We were woken up every morning (if we managed to fall asleep at all) by a woman starting her day yelling along to the tv broadcast of religious songs. The hotel itself is in pretty bad shape and has an air of given-up-ness about it. Our rooms door was hanging off the wall and there was around a 1cm gap all around it where the insulating building material was hanging out. Within five minutes of arriving I had locked myself in the bathroom and I went in, closed the door behind me and the handle came clean off in my hand. It was not even screwed in! I've slept in some hell holes so a bit of peeling paint doesn't really bother me, but this place honestly looked like it was falling down. The shower room was a death trap. On the wall near the skirting board was a plastic cover panel which was hanging off. When we looked closer we realised it was full of electrical cables and much as we tried to keep it on the wall, every time we had a shower water unavoidably sprayed into it as the shower curtain didn't reach all the way round. Pretty dangerous if you ask me but I'm no electrician. We only ate breakfast one morning out of 10 because to be honest it was hideous. I wish I'd taken photos to be honest because no one would really believe it was breakfast. There was a bowl with a few dried up bread rolls, a tray of ham slices, a bowl of cornflakes with no milk to put on them and a pot of coffee. That's it. Really. And the icing on the cake was the waiter in the "dining room" who was happily slicing more ham with one hand while wiping his dripping nose on the other sleeve and coughing profusely. No thanks. I could go on and on all day listing the things wrong with this hotel. People...just don't go there. Spend a few € more and get a good nights sleep somewhere else. I gave it 2 stars; one for the location and the other for the price but they were the only two good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay here do NOT accept room 24! It's next to the bar and shares it's balcony wi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karingal

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Toulouse, France
Reviewed 11 July 2014

AC does not work .. Since it's on the road if you open window it's too noisy and worst part the Mosquitos. Staff not friendly . In all NO sleep.
The only good thing is it is very near from station Napoli centrale.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Prachi119
Glenmont, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was very basic but clean and the beds were comfortable which allowed a good nights sleep. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was satisfying and after that they let us leave our bags at the hotel after we checked out so that we could walk to the museum.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family