“well done staff!”

Montespina Park Hotel
Ranked #33 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently,it was out of season so very quiet but we were made to feel very welcome from the minute we arrived.
we were greeted by Salvatorre and Paula who could not have been more obliging and helpful.
our room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel,in the evening we enjoyed drinks in the bar area before dinner in the hotel restaraunt.Food excellent.
We were served by Guseppi the bar man/waiter who was extremely efficient,friendly and very helpful advising us of the local sights.
We would strongly recommend any-one to stay there , its very good value for money with great staff. well done ,jacquie and paul Trout.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul T
There are newer reviews for Montespina Park Hotel

Reviewed 17 December 2012

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW! I am warning you...if you stay at this hotel, expect to be very disappointed!

The beds are terribly hard and instead of using a queen mattress they use two twins together, which was extremely noticable during the night when I tried to sleep. The pillows are barely thicker than 2 inches. Stacking them on one another really didn't offer much support either. The rooms are hot, even when you kill the radiator. So, if you like your room cooler, you're out of luck. I literally slept with no blankets on and sweat the entire night. Well, slept is a relative term. It's hard to sleep at all in those conditions.

My first room (a bungalo) was infested with ants and earwigs, which I didn't find out about until the middle of the night when they started biting me. I was moved to another room in the main hotel the next day, where I was subjected to more ants for the remainder of my visit.

The sewage system does not adequately keep the smell from permeating throughout the room. I figured it was a water trap problem and constantly poured copious amounts of water down each drain, but it did not help. Whenever I was in my room, it smelled like a waste treatment facility.

While some people like antique furniture, the "antiques" they use for a wardrobe and dresser are barely functional. Good luck having to use them for two people who each have a suitcase worth of luggage.

The TV in the room does have hundreds of channels, but they are all in Italian. Yes, that is expected in Italy but a hotel that services NATO members on a regular basis would be wise to provide at least an English channel or two, in particular BBC or CNN.

They offer free wifi, but everyone will tell you it is a total crap shoot. The first three days I was there it did not work. On the 4th day, I was finally able to log on with the assistance of a VPN service back to the States. Odd work around, I know, but it was the only thing that allowed me to connect to their wifi system with my iPad. Even then, it was beyond slow and my wifi bandwidth testing application registered the speed at 2kb/sec. I suggest you bring your own internet service, like a 3G phone.

You will hear EVERYTHING going on, not only in adjacent rooms, but in rooms down the hall. It is comparable to staying in an open bay barracks. The walls and door serve only as a privacy screen and little else.

The door automatically locks when you close it, so if you step outside of your room without your key, you'll need to get the front desk to open it. It didn't happen to me...that is just an observation. The main hotel rooms require you to carry this massive block attached to the key. The metal rings are soldered together so expect to the whole contraption to take up an entire pocket when you leave your room. The bungalo rooms are all electronic key card operated.

The water pressure in the bungalo was terrible; barely enough to shower with. The pressure in my room in the main hotel was good. Others in the main hotel reported similar water pressure to the bungalo.

I am sure the pool is a nice touch during the hotter months, but since I stayed in December it was a non-factor. The dining rooms are decent. The breakfast they offer is OK...nothing to brag about. The staff I encountered was friendly. If you book through an online website, do not expect to get an invoice when you check out. They only provide invoices if you book directly with the hotel. Oh, and you will have a surprise tax of 3 euros per day, which they do not tell you until you check out. They do provide an invoice that that. It is close to Agnano and downtown so getting to restaurants is fairly easy.

I expected SO much more from this hotel. I could not have been more disappointed. I'm not sure who in their right mind would say this is a 4-star hotel. I've stayed in 2-star hotels that were far superior to this one in every way. You've been warned...if you stay here, you are defintiely a glutton for punishment.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank heathalvarez
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Excellent overall experience
My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in September and we loved it. The staff was very helpful and friendly giving us great advice on what to see.
I loved the pool and the garden, it just felt the perfect place to relax after a full day of sightseeing, that in Naples can be quite stressful!
Having free wifi was great, it allowed us to get organised.
We hired a car and the free parking was an unexpected bonus.

Room Tip: I had a room near the pool and I would raccomend it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We chose this hotel because we wanted a pool and we had a hired car. We spent 3 nights there at the beginning of a fortnight holiday in Puglia and the Amalfi coast. It is very odd. The good points were the room (we had ordered one with a balcony) and the pool - magnificent. But - even though it was the end of August - the hotel was empty. We dined in the restaurant on only one occasion and we were the only customers. The hotel is a fair distance from Naples centre ( don't even think about driving a car there) and is situated in a very depressing neighbourhood, devoid of restaurants & cafes.

Room Tip: Recommendations - don't hire a car in the Naples area, forget about a pool, find a good hotel on...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This is a nice hotel and it is like a resort hotel by the sea but it is on a mountain top. Quite far away from the city center and the sea. Room quality is very good. Everything is there, you will not miss anything. Quite modern. Sat TV, balcony, green land, view, etc. You will like this place.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TErdengi
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed in the Montespina Park Hotel for 6 nights because I attended a conference at approx. 2 km from the Hotel. The interior of the Hotel is very outdated. The rooms are humid, the shower was very small. They offer free internet, but it is not working.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant is good (basic but good breakfast, decent/good dinner).
The Hotel is on top of a hill and I am sure that it was a really nice place ... long tme ago ...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Had a happy stay at the Montespina. The highlight was the pool. Warm, clean and an interesting design. The kids lOved it. Poolside lunches also pretty good. Breakfast was pretty good although eggs and frankfurters rubbery. In a pretty run down area but easy to get in to Naples via either the Metro or cuminare (?) train. About 20 mins to Garibaldi Central Station. This madd trips to Pompei or Herculaneum a breeze. Always caught a cab home from central Naples though as wouldn't wander outside at night. Cost 12-16€ for a cab from city centre.

• Stayed: August 2012