“STAY FAR FAR AWAY” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“STAY FAR FAR AWAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

First of all, Naples is a disgusting city with almost no redeeming features. It honestly felt more like being in a third world country. We checked into this hotel, got up to the room, and found it old, unclean, and smelly, with the wallpaper peeling off the walls. The staff was nice, but we could not justify staying in this hotel or the city. So we immediately checked out. We unfortunately were stuck with the 18EUR bill for parking our car, but it didn't matter. We just wanted to be out of there. The location is dingy and seemingly dangerous. Huge piles of trash lining the streets and some seemingly threatening characters eyeing up and our luggage as we entered the building. Do yourself a favor: drive the extra hour southwest to Sorrento. You'll have a much nicer time and still be close enough to Pompei and the other sites.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Philly_traveller88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Arriving in Naples can be a real shock and like most people we were just passing through.

The hotel is basic but generally clean and we found the staff to be very helpful. Most importantly we felt safe there - if you've visited the city, you'll know what I mean.....

Overall a decent budget choice near the station.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kendo1967
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We booked this hotel so we could visit Pompeii the next day. It is located four to five blocks from the Train station, which is why we stayed there. Hotel is old and it shows it. It’s located in the more seedy part of town. Hotel and area not inviting whatsoever. Room appeared relatively, but we didn’t bother to check for bugs as it was a no-brainer that we would not be staying there. Don’t understand why it was rated a 3¼ star by Tripadvisor? Instead we located at a nicer hotel near the water and better location.
Do Not Recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Edward L

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Svendborg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel was a lovely oasis in the heart of frenetic Napoli.
Naples itself was a bit of a shock so it was nice to retire to our own peaceful place.
We loved the older man manning the front desk he just oozed old world charm and was very helpful pointing out places on a map etc...
The front of the hotel is currently being refurbished so unfortunately we couldn't see outside during our stay but the room was very clean, spacious and comfortable.
Breakfast was a little lacking but we've found that all over Italy, unless you like pastry, donuts or croissants you'll be disappointed.
The only negative point (or plus depending on your view) is that this hotel is right around the corner to the train station which is notoriously full of very colorful people. Keep your bags close too you at all times!
I found I loved Naples but I couldn't stay there for a long time as the air pollution effected my eyes and lungs whenever I stepped outside and the amount of rubbish the Napolitan's throw in the street is disgraceful. However the people are very colourful and it was well worth the visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thai_Rain
anywhere in the world
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

As many people, we were just passing though Naples. The hotel is just a short (300-400m, 10 mins max) walk from the station.

The staff were helpful and courteous, and the room was clean and really quite large. So no complaints whatsoever about the room and the hotel. I don't really understand the complaints of other members, except to say that Europe is not the same as the US.

So Naples is not the nicest city in Italy but it is a gateway to some world class sights. Which means passing through Naples. Its the price you pay. I wouldn't have any hesitation in staying here again, our room was perfectly adequate for our short stay. In fact, I would say, the room was quite pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank An0nym0use
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

I traveled and stayed here as a student, and my experience was so negative that it has merited my first trip advisor review. The average price and fair cleanliness of this hotel doesn't make up for its poor qualities. The entire fourth floor did not have water for our first night. My belongings were rummaged through while I was not in the room. On my last day I thought I had lost a bag containing several valuables. I found it hidden in a discrete closet in the room that I had never opened during the entirety of my stay. "Sketchy" would be a polite description for this corrupt and dishonest establishment. Don't even bother.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank user301842
rebecchino, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Nuovo Rebecchino, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear guest,
we reply also to you that the idraulic problem in 4° floor was caused by a fault in a building near the hotel. For this problem we have received 3 very negative reviews. We want to inform all readers that the problem is solved. About safety in our Hotel and your description “corrupt and dishonest establishment” I want to inform you that our staff work in Hotel from more then 20 years, all honest and friendly and helpful. All our regular guests come back in our Hotel because here they find a family environment and they have a great friendship with all staff. In many years there has never been incidents of theft in the rooms (and we work with Business people who travel with money and jewels). May be that as that you have been in room with your friends students, someone made you a joke. But pay attention before you accuse someone of theft I think that your behaviour is not correct.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

When I arrived pizza garibaldi,I was shocked even I heard too many warnings...
When I got off from bus,didn't know how to get to hotel and went to behind the hotel...OMG...too much rubbish and dodge markets on small street.I was frightened.
And when we arrived the hotel.the reception was moody and really grumpy.gave us a terrible room.dirty and even bathroom light was not working.I complained and got second floor room.which was better than first floor but still not really good.shower booth is tiny and dirty...I got many bed bugs bites.they never hovered.I states 5nights.I drooped used colored contact lenses in the floor.they were there till I was leaving.
Breakfast is very simple.and not hot food.only cold cheese and ham some rolls,croissants which looks like deep fried.
Don't go out late night as really rough around there.especially u are alone or with kids.
I would recommend you to stay near central pizza which is near castel well ovo...and main square.much cleaner n safer.
If you want to go to pompei and vesuvio.do same day.go to pompei and then there are bus to vesuvio.don't go to eroclano for vesuvio....

• Stayed August 2011