“fantastic homely hostel”

6 Small Rooms B & B
Ranked #191 of 815 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2013

i stayed at 6 small rooms as a walk in - i always stay one night somewhere and move on if it is not very good. Needless to say after 3 nights i left Naples very happy and well rested. The staff were very helpful and after arriving to the madness that is naples - it does help to have someone show you on a map where everything is so you can get your bearings.
I was given excellent advice from the owner of the hostel, including info about a street party at the main castle, something i would never have heard about, and it turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip.
There is a great common room area with sofas and stuff. The kitchen was well stocked and there were 3 showers which was enough for the size of the hostel.
The hostel is slightly off the main street, (30 seconds walk) and is perfect as a base for exploring the city and comming back mid day before heading off again.
It certainly isnt one of these big soul-less hostels, infact it reminded me of the first hostels i stayed at years ago.
will definately return.

Room Tip: take ear plugs if you want to sleep before 10pm
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night. We arrived late at night as we drove from la spezia to Naples. The staff were very helpful with directions and switching beds around in dorms so that we could stay. After we parked, we still could not find the hostel. It is really tucked away. But the staff once again shone through, coming to find us in the square near by and bringing us back to the hostel.

When we arrived check in was easy. The staff are really relaxed and had cooked a communal meal (vegetarian curry) which we ate. Was really yum too!

Has a great comman area where we met other travellers, some who we travelled onwards with also.

This place is great, basic and clean. Good location; once you have found it and really top staff. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

6 Small Rooms is a great place to stay while visiting Naples!! The rooms are cozy and clean - the common area is perfectly set up so you can socialize, watch TV, read a book, use the internet, or meet other travelers - the breakfast is fresh, yummy, and just enough - and the staff is the most friendly, amazing, FUN staff ever!! They were so helpful and enthusiastic about the city... their excitement was contagious!! We had a great time in Naples, and 6 Small Rooms and their wonderful staff were a large part of that!! I highly recommend this hostel if you are looking for an affordable, comfortable hostel while in Naples. Thanks for a terrific stay!! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2013

After staying six days (I had originally planned for just two nights!) I can't see myself staying anywhere else in Napoli. And I will be back for sure.

This hostel was exactly what I needed on my trip. As a solo traveler I had spent too much time in mega hostels where I've had a difficult time trying to be part of a community of travelers. Here (maybe because the common room, computers, and big kitchen are right next to each other) you meet most of the people who stay in the dorms and can converse with people quite easily. It's a very easy going atmosphere.

Rachel, Gabrielle, and co. were extremely helpful in reaching out and making sure I was experiencing the true Naples. They also helped me make my Naples experience my own. I love to snorkel so they pointed me to the best snorkel spot in town. I had trouble with trip logistics on Italian sites so they made a few phone calls. They remember your name and get things done.

The location is a nice walk between Dante and the national museum, the main churches, the biggest shopping street, and the best gelato joint in town -- Fantasia Gelato. Add to that a free breakfast that includes fruits, jams with fresh bread, and tea/coffee (I was getting very tired of sugary cereals and processed juices elsewhere), I couldn't recommend this place more.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

A great hostel located right in the centre of the city! Naples itself was a fantastic experience for me and the location of the hostel allowed me to see everything with ease. Very charming and welcoming hostel, my stay was very comfortable. The layout of the hostel is fantastic, the kitchen and living room are nice and big (breakfast was lovely fresh fruit and bread etc), the dorms also were spacious . The staff were great and went out of their way to help out with everything so - very good energy. This hostel is one of the highlights of my trip and I will definitely be back (soon I hope). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All dorms are great because there are no bunk beds! nice and spacious. I didn't see any of the p...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

A group of 8 of us had this hostel in June for a one night stay in Naples. The three girls took the private room and this was the best option because we slept in comfort and we had a bathroom outside that was clean. I had ear plugs so didn't hear much but I heard the beds in the dorm room were very saggy, and the boys could hear each other's snoring (which is to be expected in a dorm room!). The breakfast is bread, coffee. It's alright - nothing to write home about and I'm glad they at least give you bread to start your day!

The climb up is brutal if you are not used to climbing or if you're not fit or if you have large suitcases.

It's located off a square with fountains and very close to the shopping streets and to the major pizza places - so I loved the location! The street on which it is located may seem gritty with all its graffiti but most of Naples seemed that way or what little I saw of it.

If they spruce up the beds and give a better breakfast I may be inclined to increase the ratings!

The folks behind the counter are very helpful and gave us tips for pizza places and dinner (at a local restaurant where the waiters sing and are boisterous) the food was delish.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The owner of this hostel (Gerard?) was so helpful and ensures you have a great stay. All his restaurant recommendations were spot on. Gabrielle was also great organizing a fantastic dinner where up you can experience the traditional Naples food. Rooms were cosy and it was nice not to be in bunk bed. Nice big kitchen!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends