“More fraudulent actions, too.”

Relais Sul Mare - Boutique B&B in Naples
Ranked #244 of 648 Naples B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“More fraudulent actions, too.”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

They kept charging my credit card, too, afterwards. Total 1500euros for one night. I had to cancel my visa card, too. The visa company is making them responsible for fraudulent actions.

Venere did the booking, I contacted them but they were not that interested.
Hotel is in a apartment oj 2nd floor, it's B&B, not really a hotel, hard to find.

Room Tip: Hotel Rex next door seemed ok.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ami E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Europe
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed one night worth less than hundred euros and currently they've charged over 1200€ on my credit card. Our experience has been very much alike the review below. I cancelled my credit card as soon as I noticed this but until that they took 1200€ as fraudulent transactions.

We made the booking via a booking site (venere.com). When contacting them they just said that we must solve this with the hotel and they can't really do anything else but try to contact the hotel and ask them to pay the money back.

I have been in contact with the hotel and they either act as if they don't know what I'm talking about / say they pay the money back / say it's been a mistake of HTML (whatever that means..). I asked for the managers name and number but the number is not valid.

We're still resolving the issue.

If you still want to stay there and plan on paying cash, you might want to reconsider.

When we first arrived there they said they are overbooked and will transfer us to another hotel they own. I told them it was out of the question because we booked a room at this B&B because of the location and will not stay all the way far out at Vomero. After a while the employee (anamaria) gave the room to us, after all. All in all, they did have a room there, they just wanted to give it to someone who has paid more. If you sell rooms for a discount price, you better not change your mind like that and try to transfer the people to a cheaper place.

Internet was not working and we weren't even mentioned breakfast. We stayed at standard double room and were shown the suite and double delux rooms, also. I wouldn't recommend any of the rooms because even though the view is nice, it's really not worth the money because all you pay for is the view and seriously nothing else.

As a side note I also want to mention that one of the rooms they showed us was actually occupied but the people weren't there at that moment - but their things and everything was. Anamaria actually invited us inside the room! Don't expect that they'll respect your privacy there!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Kristiina83

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We recently stay here for our honeymoon and we wish we never did. We were promised free Wi-Fi which we never received as the internet service was broken. We were advised on the day of check in that it would be fixed by 5pm. By 6pm we went back to reception to follow up and was advised that it would now be 5pm the following day. This continued and after the 5th day we began to wonder if Relais Sul Mare even had Wi-Fi or it was simply listed on the website to attract customers. The lady at repetition just told us to use the Wi-Fi from the restaurant (Penelope) downstairs. Of Couse this meant we had to buy Breakfast / Lunch and Dinner from Penelope if we wanted internet access. We needed the internet to book tours and the accomdation for the rest of our holiday and this really ruined our trip.
As for the breakfast, we were advised that it would be served (buffet style) in the reception between 7am and 10am. Though if you got there at 9.30am there would be no breakfast left.
Upon check in we asked if we could have bath towels as there were none in our rooms. We were advised that they don’t have any. Somehow on our third day of room service we received bath towels.
The bathroom amenities will not be replaced and some days you will have your bath mats, hand towels taken by housekeeping but not replaced.
As for toilet paper, they will not replace this either, however they will take away the empty rolls. The bathroom tap was leaving which left the bathroom floor soaked.
Bedding is terrible and the one pillow per person you get is so thin that we actually used our clothes a pillows.
The in room safe, well let’s just say it’s safer to keep your money and passports on you at all times.
What made our experience even worse was when we went to check out. The lady at reception asked us to pay for the hotel even though we had already paid online prior to check-in (we used the hotel website to book). I showed her proof of booking, even went online (using downstairs internet of course) and showed her the transaction on my credit card statement.
We then left only to return back to Australia to find out that Relais Sul Mare had processed 5 days room charge again. When I emailed them to complain (I even put ‘read receipts’) I received no response, instead Relais Sul Mare has since fraudulently charged my credit card another $800 on top two sets of room charges ($520 EUR each). I have since cancelled my card and lodged a dispute with my bank. It appears that an employee at Relais Sul Mare is storing and using card details to make the hotel more money. The problem for Relais Sul Mare is that they are making unauthorised transactions in their own hotels name.
If you plan on staying here, I highly recommend you think again. While the picture makes the rooms look fantastic, in real they are not. Plus if you do not speak Italian then don’t even bother as the staff will not understand you if you only speak English

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple