“Very romantic.”

Relais Sul Mare - Boutique B&B in Naples
Ranked #228 of 663 Naples B&B and Inns
“Very romantic.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel after a good deal on booking.com, I was rather apprehensive after reading reviews on here. However, very pleased! The room was large and exquisite, bed was comfy and the bathroom beautiful. Staff were helpful but not intrusive. This is a safe location and the view stunning. Spa was great too. If you are after a romantic break this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

The room was nice, the location is very good too: close to all the restaurants and to the sea. But there were so many things that disappointed us - the actual place is more like a hostel, to use the elevator u have to pay, all the administration leaves at 19:00, there is no water after 10pm, breakfast finishes at 8:30 and its the smallest breakfast I have ever seen. In my opinion the price should be even lower!

• Stayed July 2013
Inverell
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We arrived by train in Naples and were pleasantly surprised by our taxi ride to this hotel, where he thankfully helped us to get into the hotel, as it was a Saturday and closed up. Our room was perfect for our stay, however next time we would select one with a balcony. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was just what we wanted - simple and tasty.

Room Tip: Choose one with the balconies overlooking Bay of Naples
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Moscow
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed in the hotel 2 nights in May 2013. We had Deluxe double room (105). The hotel is located close to Port, and faced to riverside. The window view is very attractive but the disadvantage from that it that the noise from the street passes through your room so if you are sensitive sleeper you should shoose anothre hotel.

The breakfest is so poor, I haven't met such poor breakfest in the hotels with price per night mote than 100 EURO.
The reception is working from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., no night staff.
Don't recommend to stay there.

Room Tip: I would advise to look for another hotel for such money.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I booked this hotel for three nights (they now use WuBook) for a government business trip. As such, I reserved it with a government issued credit card.

I had to cancel the trip the same evening due to changes and received cancellation notices from WuBook (I never received ANY communication from the hotel).

I subsequently went back to the States on emergency leave a week later and upon my return had a credit card statement of over $7,200 USD in charges from Hotel Relais sul Mare.

I emailed WuBook who curiously does not have a phone number on their web site amd received a weak response re: "we only do booking...."

I have received NO response from Hotel Relais sul Mare.

Upon calling the card company they informed me the was my LAST statement and that the charges we currently over $14,000 USD!! I kid you not. I think they have renovated their entire hotel on U.S. government funds.

Thankfully, my card company appeared downright giddy to be able to do their job by going on the attack in my defense. Good luck Relais sul Mare.

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER do business with "Hotel" Relais sul Mare or WuBook. Fraud, fraud, fraud...

Stayed January 2013
11 Thank electricwindowpane

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 18 October 2012

They kept charging my credit card, too, afterwards. Total 1500euros for one night. I had to cancel my visa card, too. The visa company is making them responsible for fraudulent actions.

Venere did the booking, I contacted them but they were not that interested.
Hotel is in a apartment oj 2nd floor, it's B&B, not really a hotel, hard to find.

Room Tip: Hotel Rex next door seemed ok.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ami E
Europe
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed one night worth less than hundred euros and currently they've charged over 1200€ on my credit card. Our experience has been very much alike the review below. I cancelled my credit card as soon as I noticed this but until that they took 1200€ as fraudulent transactions.

We made the booking via a booking site (venere.com). When contacting them they just said that we must solve this with the hotel and they can't really do anything else but try to contact the hotel and ask them to pay the money back.

I have been in contact with the hotel and they either act as if they don't know what I'm talking about / say they pay the money back / say it's been a mistake of HTML (whatever that means..). I asked for the managers name and number but the number is not valid.

We're still resolving the issue.

If you still want to stay there and plan on paying cash, you might want to reconsider.

When we first arrived there they said they are overbooked and will transfer us to another hotel they own. I told them it was out of the question because we booked a room at this B&B because of the location and will not stay all the way far out at Vomero. After a while the employee (anamaria) gave the room to us, after all. All in all, they did have a room there, they just wanted to give it to someone who has paid more. If you sell rooms for a discount price, you better not change your mind like that and try to transfer the people to a cheaper place.

Internet was not working and we weren't even mentioned breakfast. We stayed at standard double room and were shown the suite and double delux rooms, also. I wouldn't recommend any of the rooms because even though the view is nice, it's really not worth the money because all you pay for is the view and seriously nothing else.

As a side note I also want to mention that one of the rooms they showed us was actually occupied but the people weren't there at that moment - but their things and everything was. Anamaria actually invited us inside the room! Don't expect that they'll respect your privacy there!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple