Hotel Napoli Centrale B&B
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
Hotel Zara(Naples)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I booked with this hotel through another agent. Then for various reasons I changed my mind so wrote to them as per the instructions and cancelled my booking. They responded and I thought it was all done and over with. BUT, little did I know that they decided to take the payment from my debit card anyway. I have now been trying for 2 months to get them to refund the money. Their attitude has been - "bad luck". They have even been removed from the booking agent's website and this has had not effect. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS HOTEL, THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mail2sonyah
Reviewed 29 July 2011

It's a really good value for money! Stayed there one night, the room was very-very spacious, clean and nice! It is 5 min walking from Napoli Centrale station, but it's not noisy! Breakfast was ok, but there wasn't breakfast room. But I think it's not important, Italy is full of restaurants! btw, there was a restaurant not far from the hotel, the prices were extremely cheap!!!
Would recommend this hotel for those who has a short stay and who don't care about location. It's not about a hotel, but about the area.If you want to see beautiful places but not rubbish everywhere and disgusting smell, would advice to choose a hotel next to Castel Dell'Ovo.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2010

For a cheap place very close to the train station, this isn't a terrible choice. But the area around the train station is disgusting. Our room was loud and outside the window were piles and piles of trash. The room itself was large but a little smoky and moldy. The breakfast was nil, although the woman at the front desk was very helpful. All in all, unless you must, don't stay near the station.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2006

Napoli itself has to be the worst place I have been to. The b&b was ok. The man there was helpful to a degree, but we were not impressed when promised that we would be able to watch the Australia v Italy game on the statelite TV and then that channel stops an hour before the game. The room iteself was a great size, definately big enough for the two of us. The shower was a bit dodgy though, all mouldy and the door had to be forced open and I was too scared to shut it when I showered in case I got trapped in there. Breakfast was ok. Make sure you take note of the phone numbers because you have to call to get in when you first arrive.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Cass and Age
Reviewed 2 December 2005

This place is a little jewel very close to the Naples train station (Centrale). The rooms (we had two) were absolutely clean and charming. Breakfast is delivered to your room in the morning anytime between 8AM and 10AM.

Directions are not easy to come by - but when you leave the main exit of the train station and end up in the plaza (which is under construction currently for a new subway line), go to the far right corner of the plaza. The building has a sign on the front and the side for the hotel. When you get into the building, walk across the courtyard to the far left corner and if you take the elevator, you have to pay 5 cents to get it to move. Otherwise it is just two flights up. Don't be turned off by the outside or the courtyard. It is a world of difference once you get inside.

Although I don't necessarily agree that this place is for the adventureous traveler only - all of Naples can unnerve people with the chaos and filth. We stayed here because we wanted to be close to the train station to do some day trips (like Pompeii).

• Stayed: November 2005