“A good hotel in the wrong location”

Hotel Napoli Centrale B&B
Ranked #509 of 710 Naples B&B and Inns
Billingshurst, United Kingdom
“A good hotel in the wrong location”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We chose a hotel in piazza garibaldi because of the close proximity to the bus and train stations. Unfortunately this is a dirty, chaotic area during the day and we felt very unsafe at night. The room we had was very clean, tidy and just what we needed, it's just a shame it's in such a location. If you plan to go, stay in the much nicer Bay Area, and pay for taxi's to the train station.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Naples
Reviewed 21 May 2012

It is a very good hotel and will recommend to my friends.

Thank you very much Luca you demonstrated professionalism .

Many thanks

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Victoria Olufun... B
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Ok, Piazza Garibaldi has a reputation of being in a state of ill-favored condition, ridden with trouble, chaos and crime. I didn't have any trouble in the square and rather enjoyed it during the day while it was bustling with life and a multitude of eager merchants wanting to make a sale. It is a chaotic area with people and traffic going every which way. I would suggest keeping a low profile if spending time in the area and try not to look like a tourist.
The hotel is perfect for the price, and that price is nearly unbeatable. I had no problems with the hotel and everything in the room was clean and in in order. The room and bathroom had ample space and the hotel itself provided a safe stay.
It is a great location if you plan to venture down to herculaneum, pompeii, and sorrento via circumvesuviana.
I'll book again if I head there this summer, that is if I can't find a better deal. And chances are I won't find one.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank drifter81
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Not as nice as advertised, we were forced to use this hotel because some reason during the beginning of our trip we couldn't find Wi-Fi in the country. We saw this hotel in the bag of a travel book, that said it had computers in the rooms. It may have been naivete and never staying in a hotel like this. But the hotel was a few floors from the bottom and the elevator was messed up so we carried our luggage up. From there my girlfriend wanted to stay three nights in Naples. After getting situated I was ready to sleep, however our "queen" size mattress, where to rock solid twins pushed together. We literally kept pushing the beds together during the night. In addition that bathroom or piping smelt terrible (this may have also been because the building was old). However after 1 night we decided to pick up and go to capri instead. The only bright spots for this place was the staff was very friendly and the breakfast wasn't bad. However location, facilities, sleeping, and everything you want in a hotel was all lacking.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Earle F

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Monroe, LA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I led a group of students and adults to Naples and we stayed here. The hotel is lovely. At first it's a little intimidating because the neighborhood is not clean, but the rooms are very nice. The breakfast isn't worth anything, but it is also free. The hotel is very close to the train station, which is why I chose it. However, this area is awful and one of my students was almost robbed. The wifi worked well in the rooms. The was no microwave or refrigerator. The location was quiet because my room was on the backside. The staff was very nice, but they were not there at night. I would stay here again, but be very cautious in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the front.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
East Molesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I booked with this hotel through another agent. Then for various reasons I changed my mind so wrote to them as per the instructions and cancelled my booking. They responded and I thought it was all done and over with. BUT, little did I know that they decided to take the payment from my debit card anyway. I have now been trying for 2 months to get them to refund the money. Their attitude has been - "bad luck". They have even been removed from the booking agent's website and this has had not effect. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS HOTEL, THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mail2sonyah
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

It's a really good value for money! Stayed there one night, the room was very-very spacious, clean and nice! It is 5 min walking from Napoli Centrale station, but it's not noisy! Breakfast was ok, but there wasn't breakfast room. But I think it's not important, Italy is full of restaurants! btw, there was a restaurant not far from the hotel, the prices were extremely cheap!!!
Would recommend this hotel for those who has a short stay and who don't care about location. It's not about a hotel, but about the area.If you want to see beautiful places but not rubbish everywhere and disgusting smell, would advice to choose a hotel next to Castel Dell'Ovo.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends