“Book now: you won't regret it!”

Your Driver In Italy
Ranked #12 of 83 Transportation in Naples
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The best private arrangements for you at the best prices, lower than Cruise Lines! We guarantee you will fully enjoy your shore excursions aboard our company fleet.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in June on the Norwegian Epic. Gaetano was one of the highlights of the trip.

I knew we wanted to spend our day along the small seaside villages of the Amalfi coast rather than the big city of Naples (we were tired of all the cities and looked forward to the quieter villages). Prices on other tours were upwards of 350+ euros. Luckily, I stumbled upon Gaetano and he made our trip one of the best we could have had.

A very safe and competent driver, he navigated the winding roads to Positano (absolutely gorgeous), Sorento, and Pompeii. Along the way he let us out to take pictures from his favorite viewpoints of different cities and cliffs. In the cities, he parked in a central location and let us wander around for a few hours, leaving us with recommendations on areas and shops to visit.

The highlight of our trip was in Positano. He took us to a nice family restaurant with gorgeous views of the city below and called ahead to reserve a table for just my wife and I near the window. The food was very affordable and he took us into the kitchen to meet the cooks as they baked pizzas and bruschetta. They gave us complimentary glasses of champagne which was such a nice touch.

In every city that we visited on our trip, we tried to buy a bottle of wine to remember our honeymoon. I had asked Gaetano what his favorite wine was in the region for us to buy before we started the trip. As we were leaving the restaurant, Gaetano presented us with a bottle of house wine that the restaurant served as a gift from him! It was this type of service and friendliness that characterized the whole day.

I can't recommend his service enough - the price is affordable, he is passionate / knowledgeable about the region, and the whole day day will be one you won't forget. Skip the over priced cruise excursions and spend the day with a true, knowledgeable local!

2  Thank Brian S
yourdriverinitaly, Direttore at Your Driver In Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

All reviews
"pompeii"
in 22 reviews
"napoli"

Reviewed 21 May 2014

When we visited Naples off the cruise ship "Norweigan Epic", I chose "your driver in Italy-Naples" tour instead of a ship sponsored bus tour because of the service I received from Gaetano the tour operator during the planning process. He answered my initial email requests promptly and professionally and I felt immediately confident in his ability to provide my wife and I with a quality experience. On the day we arrived in Naples (May 13th) , I found Gaetano waitng for us holding a sign with our name on it. I was very pleased because he was nearly 30 minutes early! After not knowing what to expect, was also very pleased to discover that he would be driving us around the rest of the day in a luxury, Mercedes-Benz van. From the very start, Gaetano was courteous, professional and had a very good sense of humor. His english was easy to understand and he was an expert at operating the vehicle even through some heavy traffic. He explained the highlights of he places we would visit and he kept the tour fun and interesting without ever over-talking. One highlight of the tour was the visit to the olive oil farm were we received a personal tour by the workers there and taste testing, it was a magical experience. Another highlight was having lunch atop a mountain top in Positano at a jaw-droppingly beautiful restaurant overlooking the sea. My wife and I were speechless. It was almost as if everyone in the restaurant was waitng on just us! It was possibly the best moment of our entire 10 day trip. Gaetano took us places that the cruise ship bus tours could not go. He gave us time in each place to walk around a bit on our own and do some shopping and look around. He would wait for us and we would then be on our way somehwere else. It was also interesting to note that Gaetano was like the mayor everywhere we went. He knew everyone and everyone knew him. He introduced us to several nice people he came across as if we were his old friends. I ust cannot say enough nice things about Gaetano and this tour. He returned us back to the port in plenty of time to leave on the ship. The tour took about 9 hours and we did not want it to end. I would highly, highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Naples.

1  Thank adam m

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We book a tour with Gaetano leaving from naples and visiting Pompeii and the amalfi coast. Booking was with easy and Gaetano replied usually within a couple of hours. The quoted price was substantially less than others i had emailed.

The day of the tour, gaetano was there on time with a clean and comfortable van. It was predicted to rain most of the day. Once we got into his car, he offerred/suggested that we see pompeii and instead of amalfi, a half day of naples. He offerred to pick us up the next morning and take us to sorrento and amalfi AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. Needless to say it was an extra expense for him but he was genuinely interested in our experience.

The second day, one of gaetano's collegues, Marco took us on the tour of the coast. He was equally good. Funny, informative, and reliable.

Thanks to Gaetano, we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Naples and the surrounding area. Without him our experience would have been much different.

You cannot go wrong with your driver in italy...highly recommend

2  Thank Pratik M
yourdriverinitaly, Proprietario at Your Driver In Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We traveled to Naples on the NCL Jade last month and our last port was Naples. We had group excursion to Pompeii, positano and sorrento through the YOURDRIVERINITALY website.

Gaetano was our driver for the day. He was very friendly, funny, entertaining and knowledgeable. He was also an amazing driver.

He then drove us way up the hill to a lovely little restaurant - for a delightful lunch. The view was breathtaking and the food  were wonderful.

This was my favorite day.

THANK YOU.