The rooms in this beautiful old building are small, so we realized upon arrival that the junior suite would be too small with the baby cot added in. The receptionist was very helpful and understanding and a maid showed me other rooms they had available - we ended up booking the "family room" (also too small) as well as the junior suite, and were given a special rate for single occupancy of the room. All rooms are tastefully decorated, very clean and comfortable.
Our 18-month old was cooed over and welcomed everywhere in the hotel. The American bar was cosy and the barman elusive but friendly. The buffet breakfast offers a large selection of pastries, cold meats, cheese, cereals, fruit juice and fruit salads.
There is no restaurant in the hotel although they do offer a minimal room service menu. We followed their recommendations for neighbouring restaurants instead.
The hotel also helped us arrange an excursion to Pompeii, which was cancelled the first day due to bad weather but we managed it the next day and it was fantastic, the driver was talkative and friendly and gave us a lot of extra information - which wasn't his job, so we appreciated the goodwill - we had a truly customized tour of Portici, Ercolano and Naples after Pompeii and enjoyed every minute.
This hotel fully deserves its 4-star rating and we'll definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This prestigious 4 star hotel located in the most exclusive part of the city, close to the seaside and to the shopping area, offers 33 rooms divided between Classic, Superior and Junior Suite. Among the services we highlight free Wi-Fi (in room, public areas and meeting rooms) and a garage (surcharge)available in the immediate proximity. The hotel extens its offer through the American Bar Amazon, the exclusive bar open to the public. The range of services is complemented by the Meeting Center, versatile and functional, with 6 meeting rooms and the Salone degli Alabardieri, housed in a former cloister and particularly attractive for events and ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Alabardieri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Alabardieri Hotel
- Palazzo Alabardieri Naples